Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE BLOOD

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TRUE BLOOD

I don't know if anyone's caught on to HBO's new series "True Blood", but it quickly turned into one of my favorites!! Though it is sad that I can't watch it 'til I go home 'cause I don't get HBO out here at school.
    sad day!!

But...what's everyone's take on this program? Like, dislike? WHAT PEOPLE??!
    hahaha.

Sorry, this is a post-brit lit freak-out

--Katie

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm secretly obsessed. I'm watching online because I don't have HBO so I usually have to wait till Monday to watch it. But, um, yeah, I'm diggin' it so far.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Traveler Ben is on a distinguished road

So far it seems like another strong HBO series to add to their impressive list. My only hope is that they don't go overboard with the whole human-meets-vampire "love story" aspect of it, because I find it to be the least interesting part of the show and I just feel like that is an idea that has already been done to death.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

True. But for us girls out there, I'm sure at least I'm okay with another vampire cliche.
    But I really like that they've thrown in other things like Suki's psychic abilities and Sam (i think that's his name-the bar owner?) has this weird affiliation with dogs or animals or something.
    I don't know. I can see this going somewhere really neat.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I'm secretly obsessed. I'm watching online because I don't have HBO so I usually have to wait till Monday to watch it. But, um, yeah, I'm diggin' it so far.
    Where is it available online? I had actually never heard of it, till I was on vacation this past week. The resort we were staying at had free HBO, and I was flicking thru the channels one night and caught a little bit of it. It looked pretty good, but I don't get HBO back at home.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw most of one episode a couple of weeks ago when I was out of town, and I must say that I pretty much hated it. I didnt catch the beginning and didnt realize what it was and truly thought that it was some lame vampire B-movie.

Now dont lynch me or anything...I just thought the acting was a bit too melodramatic (not always, but often) and that the plot seemed old hat. I think vampires have been done to death, and done much better. But then I never took to Buffy, the Laurel Hamilton books, or the Twilight series. I just find it all a bit too hokey.

Spoiler:
    *runs like hell
    Heng Dai

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I just find it all a bit too hokey.
    You rang?

On topic: I haven't seen it yet (no HBO), but a couple of my friends like it.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

haha that's all good.
    I know what you mean though Aaron. It sometimes feels cliche. But I love my supernatural stuff so I usually try to ignore it! But, it's not for everyone.

Katie

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think what bothers me the most is that vampires are taken as a given. People just accept that they exist, and I find it ridiculous. Vampires are supposed to be creatures of the dark, of the underground. They're not just taken as a given, and that is what I think bothers me the most. I love the supernatural, but I can only suspend my disbelief so far before I have to change the channel.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

haha that's fair enough.
    i understand...i usually have problems with why there is at least one human who is always around them when we're technically suppose to be repelled by their inhuman beauty. who knows?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I miss Kindred the Embraced.. too bad the main guy had to die in real life.

And I LOVED Forever Knight...

Is this show better than those?

Traveler Bob26003 is on a distinguished road Bob26003's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I like this show :)

Its a cool little Universe........... and I think the actors and characters are great.

I think its the best HBO series in a while. Generation Kill was pretty good too.

I think I am falling in love with Sookie Lafeyette is awesome!

I tell you what though, I don't know if I trust Bill 100% though........... They still don't know who killed Sookie's Grandma.......... AND........ why was Bill hanging around with those savage vampires..... I dunno. Also, Jason is getting out there on that V....... He's gonna try to kill Bill you watch or something.... Heck he was gonna sell the candlestix and his Grandma's jewelry for V, thats not cool at all...... Its like I know Bill really cares about Sookie but I don't know if he can just deny his nature, its kinda like he's fighting. And where is Sam gonna fit in this all, is he ever gonna hook up with Sookie......... This show is freakin awesome!

I highly recommend it

I need some V (Vampire blood actually becomes a drug that PPL abuse )

I think the music and production is excellent, especially the intro.......

Here is a couple true blood fan sites: http://true-blood.net/

http://true-blood.tv/

its based on Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire novels.

Here's an overview from the second fan site.

TRUE BLOOD,
    NEW SERIES FROM “SIX FEET UNDER” CREATOR ALAN BALL,
    STARRING ANNA PAQUIN AND STEPHEN MOYER,
    DEBUTS SEPT. 7 ON HBO

In the not-too-distant future, vampires have come out of the coffin. Thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood, vampires no longer need humans for their fix and can walk freely, if not yet comfortably, among their living counterparts – though they can still come out only at night.

Meanwhile, in the backwoods Louisiana town of Bon Temps, Sookie Stackhouse works as a waitress at the down-home bar Merlotte’s. Though outwardly normal, she has unusual qualities of her own: Sookie can read minds, which complicates her world in endless ways. But Sookie’s life becomes a lot more interesting when Merlotte’s gets its first vampire patron – the 173-year-old Bill Compton – and the two outsiders are immediately drawn to each other.

Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, the new HBO series TRUE BLOOD kicks off its 12-episode first season SUNDAY, SEPT. 7 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT). Starring Anna Paquin (the “X-Men” films; Academy Award®-winner for “The Piano”) as Sookie and Stephen Moyer (“The Starter Wife,” “88 Minutes”) as Bill, the series is created and executive produced by Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy®-winning HBO series “Six Feet Under”), who also wrote the first three episodes and directs two episodes of the show, which is based on the popular Sookie Stackhouse novels of Charlaine Harris.

Other cast regulars on TRUE BLOOD include Ryan Kwanten (“Summerland”) as Sookie’s brother Jason, whose womanizing makes him the prime suspect in a gruesome murder case; Rutina Wesley (“How She Move”) as Sookie’s best friend Tara Thornton, whose outspoken ways constantly get her into trouble; Sam Trammell (“Judging Amy”) as Sookie’s good-hearted boss Sam Merlotte, who carries a torch for her; Nelsan Ellis (“The Inside”) as Lafayette Reynolds, a cook at Merlotte’s, whose personal life is as colorful as his wardrobe; Chris Bauer (HBO’s “The Wire”) as Detective Andy Bellefleur; Jim Parrack (“Criminal Minds”) as Hoyt Fortenberry, one of Jason Stackhouse’s co-workers on a road construction crew; Carrie Preston (“Law & Order: Criminal Intent”) as Sookie’s fellow waitress Arlene Fowler; Michael Raymond James (“Black Snake Moan”) as Rene Lenier, another one of Jason’s co-workers; William Sanderson (HBO’s “Deadwood”) as Sheriff Bud Dearborne; and Alexander Skarsgård (HBO’s “Generation Kill”) as Eric, a Nordic vampire.

Also appearing in TRUE BLOOD are Lois Smith (“Hollywoodland”) as Sookie’s grandmother Adele, who shares her fascination with vampires; Lizzy Kaplan (“Cloverfield”) as Amy Burley, the new girl in town who falls for Jason; Lynn Collins (“The Number 23”) as Dawn Green, a waitress who has an on-again, off-again relationship with Sookie’s brother; Kristin Bauer (“Dirty Sexy Money”) as Eric’s cohort Pam, who helps run a vampire bar; and Stephen Root (“No Country for Old Men”) as Eddie, a neophyte vampire.

In addition to Alan Ball, directors on the series include John Dahl (“Rounders”), Nick Gomez (“The Shield”), Anthony Hemingway (HBO’s “The Wire”), Michael Lehmann (HBO’s “Big Love”), Daniel Minahan (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Nancy Oliver (writer, “Lars and the Real Girl”), Marcos Siega (“Veronica Mars”) and Scott Winant (“Hidden Palms”).

TRUE BLOOD is created and executive produced by Alan Ball; based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris; co-executive producer, Brian Buckner; supervising producer, Nancy Oliver; producers, Alexander Woo, Carol Dunn Trussell; co-producer, Raelle Tucker; director of photography, Checco Varese; casting by Junie Lowry Johnson, C.S.A. & Libby Goldstein; music by Nathan Barr; edited by Andy Keir and Michael Ruscio, A.C.E.; production designer, Suzuki Ingerslev.

(Source: HBO, Inc.)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Suki too (well, not really, but you get it). She's so sweet and saucy hehehehe...

I'm glad to see that there's a few people that like this show!! I haven't seen the last few episodes (I don't care if you guys talk about them), but I gotta wait until I go home again!!

But they definitely picked freakin amazing male leads...Stephen Moyer and Sam Trammell are so amazing (and HOT of course, hehe).
    LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

TRUE BLOOD is so awesome. me and my hubby watch every week. we found it on demand one night and decided to watch and see what it was about... well it was so cool...i can't wait to see sookie's reaction to sam.

Spoiler:
    is sam a shapeshifter

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Where is it available online? I had actually never heard of it, till I was on vacation this past week. The resort we were staying at had free HBO, and I was flicking thru the channels one night and caught a little bit of it. It looked pretty good, but I don't get HBO back at home.

sidereel.com
    surfthechannel.com

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks so much! I'm going to go check it out.

ok, so I am officially addicted to this show.
    I actually like the fact that the vampires are a known fact and living amongst the living. It's something different that you wouldn't normally see.
    Does anyone know if the season has ended yet, or is it still going?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

season one finale was last week...saw it and was like okay when is the new season gonna start and it said it will start up again in the summer....my reaction was don't want to wait that long!!!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice MrQuint is on a distinguished road MrQuint's Avatar

Vampire Bill would make a great Roland.

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this series is amazing and there are new ones in JUNE!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice gromit is on a distinguished road gromit's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuint View Post
    ..and Tara as Sussannah?

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    ..and Tara as Sussannah?
    Actually, yes. I remember thinking that both of them would do okay. Sam can be Eddie... they both have that air of mysterious, reluctant nobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Then, I call you Goblin Queen.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell, yes he would. I can see that.

Ok, why has no one been posting in this thread? I'm quite sure there are plenty of y'all who watch this show religiously and would just luv to give commentary every Sunday night/Monday/whenever you get around to watching the new episode you had to dvr because something got in your way of watching it?

Only two episodes left this season. Makes me sad.

Thoughts on it so far...

Sookie - love her, especially when fighting for bill
    Bill - really not that into him at the moment. Glad he loves Sookie, but he has become a little boring and something of a limp noodle to me lately.
    Eric - now that's what I'm talking about! woohoo
    Godric - godbless him, he's just so nice and peaceful at the moment. Gotta love him.
    Jason - So happy he has "seen the light" and moved on.
    Sam - perhaps my favorite character
    Tara & Eggs - wish they would hurry up and figure out Maryanne is a supernatural, nutcase bitch
    Jessica - love her
    Lafayette - such a character...but seriously let's try a different color eye shadow than gold
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Ew I would hate Stephen Moyer as Roland, he's just to boring. And British. Tara on the other hand, I agree, perfect sussannah. I have thought that for a while now. Her sassyness is the only way I can see detta being real to me at all.

Anyways, ready for the next season. Season 2 was far less satisfying than 1 IMHO. Too many zombie seances. Too much of Skokie and bill whining about eachother. Sams storyline was good. I really liked the preachers wife. Jessica is becoming lame with hoyt. Lafayette still cool. Anyways good show to watch in the summer months. Hope next season doesn't get any hokier, although I'll probably keep watching just for the hell of It.

Ps. There is a true blood drink for sale now how cool!
    Last edited by AIMB; 09-20-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Bad typing with my stupid iPhone

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nonono... Stephen Moyer as Roland would be very bad choice. But Tara would be exellent Susannah/Detta/Odetta! How didn't I get it earlier!? Also Sam could make pretty good Eddie...

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast