Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 462 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    No bueno 👎🏽
    I am with you. No go.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personnally agree that there are a few red flags for me
    - The sig is BIG
    - It's on a recent french magazine page... and I dont see how it could have been recently signed by King
    - It's quite cheap for a signature
    - The seller has a lot of signed items.
    - When I asked the seller how it came to be signed, he didnt reply... but offered an half price discount

I think that it's a fake and that makes me think that that all of the celeb signatures that the seller has are likely to be fake.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am no longer on the fence.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the perfect message for this thread (wait til you get a load of this guy and his responses to my questions):

He sells custom slipcases on eBay-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-SLIP...0AAOSwfplcN02J

I was interested in the above Bachman Paperback slipcase but I had concerns because my copy of Roadwork is a little taller than the other paperbacks (not by much but enough some cases being made don't fit the books). I know others have had issues with Roadwork paperback being slightly taller, so, here is the conversation:

Ralph: Josh, my Roadwork is a bit taller than the other three Bachman books, what height opening do you allow for the books to fit?

Josh: Hi Ralph. All the 1st printings should be the same size height wise. Literally identical. You might have a tiny variation i.e. 1/32 inch or half a millimeter with different machine set ups, but there should be no discernible difference in height. All book manufacturers use standard sizes for specific types of books - height and length wise, and that is the case in paperback and well as hardback volumes.

Ralph: My first edition Bachman of Roadwork is taller though. My question is, will it fit the case? What height opening have you allowed on the inside of the case? I would hate to get the case and can't use it. Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure.

Josh: I make cases for just about every single major King collector out there and I have to tell you that you're wrong. I've also made cases for King himself. Literally. Put bluntly, I know more about the sizes of collectible Stephen King books than probably anyone else in the country given that I've been making the for almost 20 years. Those four issues are the same size. Period. They are a four volume set. Period. It doesn't sound like you have a first edition.

thanks for the interest, but be told.

Ralph: No sir, my copy is a first with the full number line. Several collectors have had this discussion about it being slightly taller. I've been collecting since 1980, I know my first editions. Several King collectors have discussed this on many boards.

Josh: I don't care what some random guy from somewhere on the internet has posted. Or on what message board. I've made over thirty of these cases. Get it? Thirty cases for thirty full first edition sets. Now please go away and stop wasting my time, I have actual work to do for actual customers. Goodbye

Ralph: Josh, I'm just trying to find out the size to make sure if it would fit....your smugness and being rude isn't going to help your business model. I will share with my group this conversation so they are aware of you.

Josh: Please feel free to share whatever you like with your little group. Let me ask you...why on earth would any book publisher make one of of a 4 book set a different size? Why? Never seen that before. Ever.

Next you'll be telling me one of the Green Mile paperbacks is a different size. Or maybe one of the Dark Tower series. Or maybe the Goblet of Fire is a different height to all the rest of the Harry Potter books. Whats more likely...that the publishers did that for the first time in history for absolutely no reason or that you don't actually have a 1st printing? I'll leave that to you to work out.

And also feel free to take care. One can only hope this is the last message and yet more of my time will not be wasted. Grey_Fell_Art_and_Books. Joshua.

Wow! How can someone have a business like this and expect to continue to survive. I really tried to be nice and to simply see if my copy would fit before I purchased.

Well, there you go. A crazy conversation with a crazy eBay seller.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

In reference to the message above, The seller sent one more message (no, I didnt respond to his final message, he keeps messaging me now):

Sir,

This is my last message on the subject and hopefully it will put this to bed. I emailed the last three customers who have bought this case from me over the past year and asked them about the size of their books just in case my copy of Road Work has an issue.

Answer - Two have now gotten back to me. In the first set the copy of Rage is slightly smaller than the rest (less than 1/32 inch and accounted for by machine set up) In the second set the copies of Rage and The Long Walk are just a touch smaller than the other two...again less than 1/32 inch, and again, due to the machine set up in the printing process. In my set The Long Walk is also just a hint higher than the others. Again, less than 1/32 of an inch and again, due to the machine set up.

To repeat, and after wasting over an hour of my time messaging people and answering these messages, along with checking my copies - All four volume should be the same size. Period.

No publisher is going to issue the third book in a four set series in a different size from the preceding two and the volume that follows.

End of conversation. - Joshua

So, again, what a strange character this guy is.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    In reference to the message above, The seller sent one more message (no, I didnt respond to his final message, he keeps messaging me now):

Sir,

This is my last message on the subject and hopefully it will put this to bed. I emailed the last three customers who have bought this case from me over the past year and asked them about the size of their books just in case my copy of Road Work has an issue.

Answer - Two have now gotten back to me. In the first set the copy of Rage is slightly smaller than the rest (less than 1/32 inch and accounted for by machine set up) In the second set the copies of Rage and The Long Walk are just a touch smaller than the other two...again less than 1/32 inch, and again, due to the machine set up in the printing process. In my set The Long Walk is also just a hint higher than the others. Again, less than 1/32 of an inch and again, due to the machine set up.

To repeat, and after wasting over an hour of my time messaging people and answering these messages, along with checking my copies - All four volume should be the same size. Period.

No publisher is going to issue the third book in a four set series in a different size from the preceding two and the volume that follows.

So, again, what a strange character thise guy is.
    My Long Walk is shorter and the other 3 are same size. I would not consider them "a set". I guess they are a set once collected but not at time of publication.

His slipcases are very nice. More robust and "special" (lack of a better term) than Mr. Whiley's great work. They are twice as much though. I have about 10 or so. With that said: He used to have 4 or 5 negative reviews that disappeared from Ebay, he does not respond to emails or messages in a timely manner, can be snippy, and messes up size often. Three different times for me actually.

Just my dumb feedback. Ha!

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He messed up one for me and I just didn’t bother because of a damaged one he sent and took his time to replace after he said he would. eBay stepped in and he finally did. It is a shame because his cases are very nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He keeps referring to the books as a set like they were all published at the same time, together. He's a numskull, nice cases or no.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very rude. I was considering buying one of his cases for my signed Misery but don’t think I’ll bother now.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

On top of all his rudeness....he never once answered my simple question.....What is the measurement of the opening height so I can make sure my Roadwork will fit?

He's now blocked me from purchasing anything. What an absolute tool he his.

Mulleins

(to read the story start at thread #11204)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HE ALSO SELLS FAKE SIGNATURES. AVOID THIS POS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a dicknose 😂😂

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s really disgraceful. I have such a low tolerance for this sort of arrogance and rudeness. Life’s too short to spend any time on people like this. You asked a simple question and deserved a courteous response.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It’s really disgraceful. I have such a low tolerance for this sort of arrogance and rudeness. Life’s too short to spend any time on people like this. You asked a simple question and deserved a courteous response.
    I agree. The bummer of it all is, I really wanted that case for my Bachman books. Why would anyone selling an item not be grateful for a potential customer to ask a question. Good thing he doesn't sell cars or insurance.

Mulleins

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Wouldn't someone selling collectible SK-related merch... not want to be blacklisted by this forum? That's just bad business!

Glad I never bought one of his slipcases

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: Needful Things slipcase made by greyfell art and books. Doesn't fit book but sits empty in bookcase looking nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Very rude. I was considering buying one of his cases for my signed Misery but don’t think I’ll bother now.
    A great reason, if one was ever needed, to stick with Jeff. Great product from a great guy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    A great reason, if one was ever needed, to stick with Jeff. Great product from a great guy.
    Very true, Brian. Never a problem with Jeff!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought 12 Greyfell slipcases and have not had a single problem.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I bought 12 Greyfell slipcases and have not had a single problem.
    But, was it OK that I asked the question, "What's the height of the opening so I can verify that my Bachman paperbacks will fit?"

He all of a sudden got triggered that I asked. I've never seen one of his cases ( I really wanted to though). Why would he get triggered and start the drama? Why not simply send the opening measurements per my request? These Bachman paperbacks aren't cookie cut like he seems to say in his scathing message to my question. In a later comment, he said "obviously you don't know what a first edition is, if your paperback is a different size, you have a later print and that's final."

David, I copied the conversation in an above thread (#11204 & #11205). I think the issue isn't his cases but his attitude towards potential customers.

Mulleins

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Volume #3 of The Plant is a different size than Volumes #1 and #2.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    its also perfect bound which makes a diff too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Next you'll be telling me one of the Green Mile paperbacks is a different size. Joshua
    Well Joshua, the Green Mile paperbacks are different sizes, both in height and in depth.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    No publisher is going to issue the third book in a... series in a different size from the preceding two.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    What a dicknose 😂😂
    "Dicknose"? LOL That's a new one for me!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Is that a valid medical condition? LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 462 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 ... LastLast