Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 188 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    How halfway through the show. This is amazing.
    The show is just amazing... Just have through Episode 8 and it really let me down...

Spoiler:
    I thought it was just silly that he gets a tat on his neck.. come on, he has been in there for a few months max... and his goodie-two-shoes lawyer is putting drugs up her vagina now? I feel the writers got desperate or something... but there a few things that are just starting to slip... him helping a murder another one of them... they really didnt have to do all this stupid shit. THEY HAD A GREAT story and show... oh well, will finish it tonight.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The series is a remake of a BBC series called Criminal Justice. It told mostly the same story, although the ending was a bit different. The overall outcome was the same but the trial ended differently and the id of the real killer was explained differently. They did the whole thing in five episodes. They did a second season with different characters that's quite good, too -- both are on Hulu.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The show is just amazing... Just have through Episode 8 and it really let me down...

Spoiler:
    I thought it was just silly that he gets a tat on his neck.. come on, he has been in there for a few months max... and his goodie-two-shoes lawyer is putting drugs up her vagina now? I feel the writers got desperate or something... but there a few things that are just starting to slip... him helping a murder another one of them... they really didnt have to do all this stupid shit. THEY HAD A GREAT story and show... oh well, will finish it tonight.
    Is episode 8 the finale? But yes, a bit of a let down with some of the things going down. The tattoo was the worst idea.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Is episode 8 the finale? But yes, a bit of a let down with some of the things going down. The tattoo was the worst idea.
    Yes, 8 was the finale

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Went from one of the best series on TV to a total fail for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's way harsh. I was expecting a twist ending and maybe so did you, but I was satisfied by the end we got. Watched all eight parts straight through from 9:30 PM to 6:30 AM Haven't marathoned TV like that in years.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Night Of on HBO. I wanted all episodes to air so I can just binge it all in a day or two. I'm only halfway through episode one but it's damn good and intense.
    I've been touting The Night Of big time since it started to everybody I talk to. I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
    It went from one of the best shows on TV to a total fail because of a tattoo? That doesn't make sense. I can understand the film coming down from what you originally thought it was, but that's not fair to me. Honestly, your bigger beef should be the silly storyline
    Spoiler:
    of his attorney kissing him.

The final episode was certainly a bit of a let down, but the show was still overall very strong.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Just started The Night Of on HBO. I wanted all episodes to air so I can just binge it all in a day or two. I'm only halfway through episode one but it's damn good and intense.
    I've been touting The Night Of big time since it started to everybody I talk to. I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
    It went from one of the best shows on TV to a total fail because of a tattoo? That doesn't make sense. I can understand the film coming down from what you originally thought it was, but that's not fair to me. Honestly, your bigger beef should be the silly storyline
    Spoiler:
    of his attorney kissing him.

The final episode was certainly a bit of a let down, but the show was still overall very strong.
    Spoiler:
    There was much more that the Tat... that was silly. The kiss was silly, him getting into drugs and murder within a short time in prison.. silly, the prmosiing young lawyer buying drugs and sticking them up inside her to get her client high.. silly... I LOVED the first part of this show and raved about it... but I thought there was no need for this stuff. Call me harsh.. but it is the way I feel.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed The Night of. I felt like it was really good all the way around the board. John Turturro is a hell of an actor.

Spoiler:
    The tattoo was a bit of a shock, but Nas didn't think he was getting out and had embraced the life inside. If anything my suspension of disbelief was slightly affected because that crown is a symbol of the Latin Kings, not the Chalky-Omar make believe gang. I guess it was meant to symbolize that he was one of the "King's Men" and a visual signal that he was Michael K Williams Property.

As for the lawyer chick, yeah she made some pretty bad decisions, but who among us hasn't fucked up royally before? She was "Blinded by Injustice" and truly believed that Nas was innocent. She got a little bit of the Stockholme Syndrome too.

The show meant to comment thematically on Systems. You have the Legal system and the Prison Game both of which are operating independantly, but also dependent upon each other and they are way bigger than any character or individual (and can eat up and spit out practically anyone)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler tags on the last post please

Watched first episode of Netflix original British crime series Marcella this morning -- looks good. Female DS has been on personal leave for a few years to raise family but returns to the job when a cold serial killer case heats up again. Her husband has just left her, plus she has one interesting quirk...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched that whole series about a month ago. I won't say anything about what I thought of it it until you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I watched that whole series about a month ago. I won't say anything about what I thought of it it until you're done.
    Thanks -- it might take some time -- I'm only watching an episode a day during my morning exercise session.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That remind me. Exercise. I better go do that now. Will look out for your thoughts on it when you're done watching.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if the 30-day free trial of Netflix includes streaming? I have the DVD plan, but was thinking about signing up for the free trial with another e-mail acct. so I could watch Stranger Things. It's only 8 eps. so it shouldn't take me more than a few days.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished 11/22/63. I wanted to wait until all the episodes were available so I could watch them all together (plus I hadn't decided if I wanted to re-read the book first or not. I didn't) and I'm glad I did. I watched it over a period of four days instead of eight weeks.

Anyway, I really, really liked it.

Spoiler:
    I loved how great they portrayed the 60s, and the overall 60s feel/vibe.

I also really liked the addition of Bill to the main storyline (I know many people didn't, and can understand why). I thought adding him gave a fresh viewpoint to the story and some more stakes (like not knowing if he was going to mess things up). I remember some of you (Heather, I think) thinking he just screwed things up, but I liked that he was, more or less, just a sheltered kid from a small town looking for some excitement while being infatuated with Marina, someone who he thought he could "save." Forget about the actual assassination...Jake's committing him to the mental institution (even though he had become a loose cannon) might have been the coldest part of the series.

I loved Sarah Gadon as Sadie. She was perfect. She didn't even need to say anything, she could be Sadie with just a look or facial expression. Speaking of acting, I don't think there was a bad performance in the whole series. I especially enjoyed Franco's more low-key performance, and was happy to see there wasn't any of his usual Franco-ness I'm used to seeing from him in comedies recently. Though, I do wish the series would've been at least an episode or two longer so it could've further developed Jake and Sadie's relationship. I appreciated that there was hardly any filler though.

My only complaints:

- I wasn't a fan of episode 7 (the one with Jake's amnesia), but can't remember if that was in the book or not. I'm leaning towards no.

- Sadie accepted that Jake was from the future much too quickly. I love that she believed him, but she seemed like she would've been someone who asked more questions. Again, I can't remember if she was like that in the book or not.

- The time jumps. If it weren't for the title cards, I wouldn't known that years had gone by. It seemed like they were jumping through Jake's time in the past pretty quickly without much transition or Jake reflecting on how long he'd been there.

- I would've liked more Marguerite/Oswald/Marina stuff (but understand why it wasn't included) since SK giving us insight into their lives was one of my favorite parts of the book.

Besides these few minor things, I loved the series and would definitely do a re-watch sometime. Finally another good King adaptation! (I haven't seen Cell yet, but am not holding out hope based on feedback here.)

Fingers crossed for IT and The Dark Tower next year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Spoiler tags on the last post please
    my bad...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Netflix is very much worth it for good, not just a free trial.

Country
    Country Flag

Not for streaming. There's hardly anything on there I like enough to justify the extra dollars. Aside from Kimmy Schmidt, which I can wait for the DVD for.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Does anyone know if the 30-day free trial of Netflix includes streaming? I have the DVD plan, but was thinking about signing up for the free trial with another e-mail acct. so I could watch Stranger Things. It's only 8 eps. so it shouldn't take me more than a few days.
    No idea, but you could ask "bear." I believe he watched them online. You could check out couchtuner. New running only shows. If you have a good internet speed it won't be a problem. Or borrow a friends Netflix account. Or.....they are out there. You just need to know how to grab it.

I'm getting tired of seeing all these great shows popping up, but only offered through cable, or Showtime, or Netflix, or Amazon, or HBO. It's like you have to purchase EVERY single type of media to watch everything for the people out there that appreciate television. How much can one spend on television especially when personal priorities usually stem to work first. It's a never ending dilemma of what to do. There are ways around it obviously without dealing "with the man," but these days it is getting trickier to do so. The things I will do for good TV.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I enjoyed The Night of. I felt like it was really good all the way around the board. John Turturro is a hell of an actor.

Spoiler:
    The tattoo was a bit of a shock, but Nas didn't think he was getting out and had embraced the life inside. If anything my suspension of disbelief was slightly affected because that crown is a symbol of the Latin Kings, not the Chalky-Omar make believe gang. I guess it was meant to symbolize that he was one of the "King's Men" and a visual signal that he was Michael K Williams Property.

As for the lawyer chick, yeah she made some pretty bad decisions, but who among us hasn't fucked up royally before? She was "Blinded by Injustice" and truly believed that Nas was innocent. She got a little bit of the Stockholme Syndrome too.

The show meant to comment thematically on Systems. You have the Legal system and the Prison Game both of which are operating independantly, but also dependent upon each other and they are way bigger than any character or individual (and can eat up and spit out practically anyone)
    I completely agree.
    Spoiler:
    Nas needed to fit in. He would have stuck out like a sore thumb otherwise. Honestly, most of us would have done exactly the same thing in his shoes. Survival of the fittest.

Not for streaming. There's hardly anything on there I like enough to justify the extra dollars. Aside from Kimmy Schmidt, which I can wait for the DVD for.
    There's tons of great documentaries, Indie films and foreign films. I think you'd actually find some gems that you will enjoy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting tired of seeing all these great shows popping up, but only offered through cable, or Showtime, or Netflix, or Amazon, or HBO. It's like you have to purchase EVERY single type of media to watch everything for the people out there that appreciate television. How much can one spend on television especially when personal priorities usually stem to work first.
    This! Ugh. I love having so many show options but the amount of platforms, channels, and devices is ridiculous. And then, like you said, you have to pay for each one separately.

I get the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.) and have Netflix's DVD-by-mail, but that's where I draw the line. I'm not paying for Amazon, Hulu, and all that other stuff.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yes, it does include streaming. I honestly forget that they still do DVDs. We started our free trial earlier this year and have been using the streaming exclusively.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for telling me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    There's tons of great documentaries, Indie films and foreign films. I think you'd actually find some gems that you will enjoy.
    What Mike said. So much great content on Netflix.

My to watch list is so massive because of all these shows that I mean to get to but just don't have the time for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 188 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast