Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 595 of 714 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,875 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What a dilemma. If your goal is to have read MM and FK before EOW hits the streets, then read MM and put COM on the back burner. If you don't mind starting MM after EOW is out, then read Mirrors now. I personally don't like to read two books concurrently, so I didn't make any suggestions in that regard.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just killed the first book in Wayward Pines... it is FANTASTIC! Going to finish the last two books right away and then City of Mirrors and then KING'S EOW!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Fireman, loved it! I was hoping to squeeze another couple of books in before June but I found out that my go-to bookstore here already has End of Watch in stock so I'll be picking it up tomorrow, hopefully.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just killed the first book in Wayward Pines... it is FANTASTIC! Going to finish the last two books right away and then City of Mirrors and then KING'S EOW!!!!
    Awesome!!!

Just finished Bird Box. I enjoyed it, but the ending was just a bit blah. Not sure what I expected or wanted though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is exactly how I felt as well. However it did not diminish how much I enjoyed the book. I thought it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Just finished Bird Box. I enjoyed it, but the ending was just a bit blah. Not sure what I expected or wanted though.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Wayward Pines was a lot of fun. Heather could start a cult (and research cryogenics) with all of the people she has referred to that series.

I read the Wayward Pines trilogy while reading the first two books of Justin Cronin's trilogy. I began conflating the storylines. There are a lot of similarities to certain parts of the stories.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah just went and bought tr last two. These books are gold! Thanks for the recommend!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Wayward Pines was a lot of fun. Heather could start a cult (and research cryogenics) with all of the people she has referred to that series.

I read the Wayward Pines trilogy while reading the first two books of Justin Cronin's trilogy. I began conflating the storylines. There are a lot of similarities to certain parts of the stories.
    Blake should start giving me money for all the people I've turned onto his books

He has a new book coming out this summer, I can't wait for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Blake should start giving me money for all the people I've turned onto his books

His other work good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to message you to see if you knew about it. I just found out a few days ago. I should've known you'd have known about it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Webstar, I would highly recommend Run and his collection of short stories. Abandon was also good, and Snowbound was ok, but not nearly as good as his other stories. Draculas (a book he co-wrote with 3 or 4 other authors) was also really entertaining.

And of course Ricky

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brian Hodge - Falling Idols

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Only Grammar Book You Will Ever Need
    The Great Gatsby
    Black Lizard's Big Book of Pulps
    Striking Thoughts

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Read in 2016
    01. Bird Box - Josh Malerman
    02. Lost Girl - Adam Nevill
    03. Beacon 23 - Hugh Howey
    04. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    05. Hard as Nails - Dan Simmons
    06. Girl Missing - Tess Gerritsen
    07. The Coffin Dancer - Jeffery Deaver
    08. The Empty Chair - Jeffery Deaver
    09. This Year's Class Picture - Dan Simmons
    10. The Fireman - Joe Hill

Currently reading:
    11. End of Watch - Stephen King

Upcoming:
    The Treatment - Mo Hayder
    Solitude Creek - Jeffery Deaver
    The Fifth Heart - Dan Simmons
    City of Mirrors - Justin Cronin
    The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice list Michael - very keen to hear your thoughts on End of Watch. Haven't read any of the trilogy yet - plan to read them in one swift go. And Bird Box! Everyone keeps talking about it - I must have a look.

Finished Hautala's Glimpses - just brilliant (thanks "WeDealInLead" for the reco) and just finished Marwood's The Killer Next Door - an excellent read that reminded me of Hitchcock (the sinister Rear Window vouyerism).

Next for me is Laird Barron's "The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All", and then onto the Hodges trilogy...

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're in for a real treat, peripheral - 'The Beautiful Thing...' is a great collection. Contains one of my all time favourite stories - the incredible "The Men From Porlock".
    Lincoln.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    You're in for a real treat, peripheral - 'The Beautiful Thing...' is a great collection. Contains one of my all time favourite stories - the incredible "The Men From Porlock".
    Lincoln.
    Awesome Lincoln, thanks. I'll look out for that one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Nice list Michael - very keen to hear your thoughts on End of Watch. Haven't read any of the trilogy yet - plan to read them in one swift go. And Bird Box! Everyone keeps talking about it - I must have a look.

Finished Hautala's Glimpses - just brilliant (thanks "WeDealInLead" for the reco) and just finished Marwood's The Killer Next Door - an excellent read that reminded me of Hitchcock (the sinister Rear Window vouyerism).

Next for me is Laird Barron's "The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All", and then onto the Hodges trilogy...
    Bird Box was certainly different in a good way. I'm not sure if it completely 'delivered' but you should decide that for yourself, I think EOW is entertaining so far and that is exactly what the trilogy is (for me anyway) - entertaining. Not up there with his best work but that's okay with me. It's definitely a new avenue for King and I don't think he's a great detective writer compared to the genre writers but his awesome storytelling skills are enough to tackle anything (again, IMO).

Country
    Country Flag

Added to my TBR pile: the Wayward Pines trilogy, which I ordered after reading all the praise here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Added to my TBR pile: the Wayward Pines trilogy, which I ordered after reading all the praise here.
    I LOVE IT!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Dammit Kris, I joined the forum over four years before you did and you're only eight posts behind! I need to step up my game here...

Country
    Country Flag

Dammit Kris, I joined the forum over four years before you did and you're only eight posts behind! I need to step up my game here...
    LOL.. no man.. I just talk to much!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Bird Box was certainly different in a good way. I'm not sure if it completely 'delivered' but you should decide that for yourself, I think EOW is entertaining so far and that is exactly what the trilogy is (for me anyway) - entertaining. Not up there with his best work but that's okay with me. It's definitely a new avenue for King and I don't think he's a great detective writer compared to the genre writers but his awesome storytelling skills are enough to tackle anything (again, IMO).
    Thanks Michael. And yes, this Wayward Pines trilogy - I'll have to check that out too.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Heart Shaped Box. Quick read and enjoyed it but not as much as his more recent novels. Could just be the story. I realize now I'm not that into ghost stories anymore.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally working my way through the Song of Fire and Ice series.... HOLY CRAP... these are AWESOME!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 595 of 714 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 ... LastLast