Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cujo remake is C.U.J.O. : Canine Unit Joint Operations

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cujo remake to be produced?

SUNN CLASSIC ANNOUNCES CUJO FOR 2013

Lang Elliott, President & CEO of Sunn Classic Pictures, Inc., announced that Sunn plans to produce the remake of “CUJO” this year representing the 30th Anniversary since Sunn produced and distributed the original “CUJO” motion picture in l983, based upon Stephen King’s novel. The l983 version was highly successful at the worldwide box-office and, compared with today’s inflation and higher ticket prices, the box-office would be well over $225 million even without ancillary sales (i.e., DVD, cable, free television, pay-per-view, etc.).

“CUJO” is the story of a large, playful St. Bernard dog that is transformed into a hideous killing machine after being infected by rabies. Donna Trenton’s car is on the fritz, and she and her son take her ailing automobile to their mechanic. Upon their arrival, the car stalls and refuses to restart. The mechanic fails to appear so Donna searches for him. The transformed, maniacal “CUJO” reveals himself; he is highly agitated and very aggressive. Donna hardly recognizes this filthy, monstrous creature foaming at the mouth. Suddenly “CUJO” charges Donna, who barely makes it back into the car for protection. Trapped with her son and the windows rolled up, the sweltering heat begins to take its toll. “CUJO’s” powerful state of insanity and violence await.
    The news was published in Jan. 2, 2013, at the official website of Sunn Classic Pictures.

Teaser:
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/57499908

Source: http://www.sunnclassicpicturesinc.or...cujo-for-2013/
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cujo? Still no "IT"? This will be a full blown gore fest, and nothing more.
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they don't use a CGI dog!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing a real dog cgi crud added to the body.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I am so over remakes. I saw Evil Dead last weekend... it was good, sure, but I could rewatch the original a million times... the remake is a once a done novelty. I would rather see a new, innovative film inspired by the original than a remake of the same name.

I refuse to look at anything with the word Carrie in the title. I get it. She goes to the prom. She controls things with her mind. She gets blood dumped on her. I loved that in the book. I even liked it in the original movie. Unless you are introducing some unbelievably new concept, please refrain from trying to tell the same story again.

The ONLY reason to remake Cujo would be to change the ending. The Shining original and remake are two completely different movies, each worthy of the time and energy used to create them and the funds spent to enjoy them. Though they are based on the same book, they take two very different approaches.

I definitely second the hope that the dog is real.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

This movie was alright, but seriously truncated the book. There's room for a very different approach. Good or bad will very much depend on who directs.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cujo guitars round two, here we go!

I don't think the original movie is that outdated, why remake it?

Re: Evil Dead, I liked the new one a lot. I don't get all the love for the original. It was ok at best.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

+1 love for the original Evil Dead. Not even ok, in fact: So bad that it's funny.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Evil Dead original was a true film. it was a group of indie actors and crew who pooled their resources and funds (very little funds, all the girls walked off of production because they weren't paid) to show what they could do. The movie was never meant to be anything incredible... it was sort of a "We did THIS with $5. Think of what we could do with $50!" As a result, you end up with a film that has a great concept and a laughable presentation.

The remake, I'll admit, was created for a similar purpose. New crew with the same idea - create a film to show what they could do (without CGI!). The only difference was, they started with a budget more in the $5,000,000 range. lol I just think the remake was a good scary movie, but didn't do anything "new" or impressive... I also didn't feel it was entertaining enough for me to want to see it again. I think a lot of the appeal of the original was Bruce Campbell's chin too.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the New Evil Dead plays as a sequel to the original film hence the car being there because ash gets caught in the final frame of the original. Evil Dead 2 was also a remake of the original with Army of Darkness being it's sequel. I like the fact that there are two parallel story lines, especially with it sounding like they are actually going to do Army of Darkness 2. On the Cujo and Carrie fronts Carrie was so different from the book that there is room to make another good film, like they did with The Shining. Cujo on the other hand you can change the ending. I would like to see them actually get on the ball with the two film IT remake, again there was so much in the book that was left out of the TV version it deserves a multipicture theatrical treatment or a single season series on HBO or Showtime. Sorry if I am dragging on but I don't mind king Remakes if they are more faithful adaptations than the originals, this may not mean that they would be better movies but I appreciate the attempt at bringing a beloved book faithfully to the screen.

Ken

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Cujo guitars round two, here we go!

I don't think the original movie is that outdated, why remake it?

Re: Evil Dead, I liked the new one a lot. I don't get all the love for the original. It was ok at best.
    I gotta agree. II and III were much better films than the original, IMHO!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like low-budget trash. The original movie was good. The novel was great. Why do this if you're not going to improve on it?

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this smells like probable garbage to me.

I'll still watch it, though. Sigh...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They are remaking everything even Point Break.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK a remake of Point Break? OMG, can't think of any new actors that could rival the two in the original. For shame.

I just saw the new Total Recall... all I can say is I had to watch the original afterwards to get that movie out of my head.

As for this remake, we shall see, the original was good IMO.
    Christine

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Is a remake of Stephen King's Cujo really coming this year?

It's the 30th anniversary of Stephen King's mad-dog horror novel Cujo. And to celebrate, Sunn Classic Pictures (which produced the original Cujo movie) wants to do a remake. They've even made this spooky pitch video.

The video above was found by Dread Central, which says Sunn aims to have the movie out this year — although filming hasn't started yet, and they don't seem to have enough money to produce a film yet. Bleeding Cool speculates they're going to go to Cannes and try to scare up the money they need, using that video and the interest on their Facebook page.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Is a remake of Stephen King's Cujo really coming this year?

It's the 30th anniversary of Stephen King's mad-dog horror novel Cujo. And to celebrate, Sunn Classic Pictures (which produced the original Cujo movie) wants to do a remake. They've even made this spooky pitch video.

The video above was found by Dread Central, which says Sunn aims to have the movie out this year — although filming hasn't started yet, and they don't seem to have enough money to produce a film yet. Bleeding Cool speculates they're going to go to Cannes and try to scare up the money they need, using that video and the interest on their Facebook page.
    I don't want to discount the possibility that a good low-budget, down-and-dirty flick based on Cujo could be made and released in that short a span of time, but ... boy, it sure does seem unlikely.

It smells to me like something that has to be made this year, else Sunn loses their rights to the film. Just a guess.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that video sure hasn't made me excited for this project, lol.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Spoiler:

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cujo remake is C.U.J.O. : Canine Unit Joint Operations

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thees b redardod.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously wish AIDS upon these fucking morons.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And another shitty "reboot." Where will it end???

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

What the fuck?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

It should have been an April Fool's Day joke. Alas, it's not...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast