Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey! I've met some of you in person! lol
    I recognize several, but not all the people.
    Someone care to clue us in?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The cutie in the back corner is my son, Jacob.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My daughter Maggie is in the Nike hat and i am peaking over her hat.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm across from the hat-peeker (black SK shirt).

Really awesome time yesterday. It also made it pretty stress-free that the church, Custom House, and our parking were on the same street. It was great meeting some new members and talking King (and, of course, Twilight Zone diner ). Like some others said, the church was pretty hot (we all felt pretty sweaty and gross), but I think about 95% of the stories and Owen-Stephen banter was stuff I hadn't heard before, which was nice: what it was like to collaborate, stories about the Kings' Halloweens, Owen's frozen GI Joe's, how Stephen manages to keep track of all his characters and not repeat (asked by Owen. He said they're all different, but Stephen modestly shook it off saying he was sure there were various archetypes he's used). Audience questions included: if they still deal with doubting themselves though they're successful, if they asked their wives for input for SB's female characters, who would play SK in a movie (Owen said Bill Hader from SNL, who does a great impression). I think it helped that neither needed to have anything "prepared" because they were really in conversation with each other. They both seemed pretty comfortable and I think they would've kept going had they not been cut off almost right on the 1-hour mark.

As for signed books...

We had plan A, B, and C, but they were all thwarted when we weren't allowed to pick from the stacks. I asked if I could but the girl told me no (a little too happily, like, I know what you're trying to do). I had two tickets so got two books. I opened the first and it wasn't signed, then opened the second and it also wasn't signed...until I noticed a weird marking that I thought was part of the title page. That's odd, I thought before realizing it was Owen's signature (I hadn't seen his in a while). And if Owen signed it...

I scanned the page in a nanosecond before seeing Stephen's signature above...and commenced freaking out. Disappointment to resignation to joy/book collector high in a matter of seconds.

You could tell who got signed copies by the people squealing on the sidewalk and I felt like Charlie trying to keep down his excitement when he found the Golden Ticket because so many people wanted it.

Great night, great event, great member meet-up. Got home at 2:30am and went to bed at 3:00am. Got 4 hours of sleep (and my alarm didn't go off for work, but thankfully I woke up without it) and am wondering how I'm still functioning.

EDIT: Found it, Becca. $16.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Life-is-W...T1SmC0MFYLbyZA
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Really awesome time yesterday. It also made it pretty stress-free that the church, Custom House, and our parking were on the same street. It was great meeting some new members and talking King (and, of course, Twilight Zone diner ). Like some others said, the church was pretty hot (we all felt pretty sweaty and gross), but I think about 95% of the stories and Owen-Stephen banter was stuff I hadn't heard before, which was nice: what it was like to collaborate, stories about the Kings' Halloweens, Owen's frozen GI Joe's, how Stephen manages to keep track of all his characters and not repeat (asked by Owen. He said they're all different, but Stephen modestly shook it off saying he was sure there were various archetypes he's used). Audience questions included: if they still deal with doubting themselves though they're successful, if they asked their wives for input for SB's female characters, who would play SK in a movie (Owen said Bill Hader from SNL, who does a great impression). I think it helped that neither needed to have anything "prepared" because they were really in conversation with each other. They both seemed pretty comfortable and I think they would've kept going had they not been cut off almost right on the 1-hour mark.

As for signed books...

We had plan A, B, and C, but they were all thwarted when we weren't allowed to pick from the stacks. I asked if I could but the girl told me no (a little too happily, like, I know what you're trying to do). I had two tickets so got two books. I opened the first and it wasn't signed, then opened the second and it also wasn't signed...until I noticed a weird marking that I thought was part of the title page. That's odd, I thought before realizing it was Owen's signature (I hadn't seen his in a while). And if Owen signed it...

I scanned the page in a nanosecond before seeing Stephen's signature above...and commenced freaking out. Disappointment to resignation to joy/book collector high in a matter of seconds.

You could tell who got signed copies by the people squealing on the sidewalk and I felt like Charlie trying to keep down his excitement when he found the Golden Ticket because so many people wanted it.

Great night, great event, great member meet-up. Got home at 2:30am and went to bed at 3:00am. Got 4 hours of sleep (and my alarm didn't go off for work, but thankfully I woke up without it) and am wondering how I'm still functioning.

Did you actually go to Junior's afterwards, or was something else more convenient?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We were going to until we realized it was a little further that we thought (plus the 10,000 pages we were lugging around), so we went to a nearby diner. Weirdest diner ever. Others can vouch for that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad that the venue change happened and that you all had a great time! I'm really looking forward to my own on Sunday. Our PostMeet is scheduled for a nearby bowling alley, so that could be an interesting, perhaps dive-y place to go. Doesn't look like there will be as many people, but it's still great to put ANY faces to names an actually get a chance to share stories.

Country
    Country Flag

Have fun! Bowling sounds like you guys'll have a great time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bowling sounds fun. Mark it zero dude.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Did anyone happen to take a photo of the church from the outside? I totally forgot to do that.

Lilja

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's awesome that you guys had such a good time! It's always cool when DT members get to meet up.

Becca: I swear you don't look old enough to have a kid that age.

Ricky: I saw that picture and thought: I know that's gotta be Ricky, but the only picture I saw of him before now is the one that Bethany posted when he was on Wheel of Fortune and then the one of him with the angry face with Lord of the Flies covering half his face.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, I’m leaning in the wrong direction. But then I guess you wouldn’t see Rebecca if I was going the other way.

Country
    Country Flag

For St. Louis, does the 2:30-4:30 timeframe sound workable for you guys, or is the lunchtime meet better for you?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    That's awesome that you guys had such a good time! It's always cool when DT members get to meet up.

Becca: I swear you don't look old enough to have a kid that age.

Ricky: I saw that picture and thought: I know that's gotta be Ricky, but the only picture I saw of him before now is the one that Bethany posted when he was on Wheel of Fortune and then the one of him with the angry face with Lord of the Flies covering half his face.
    Haha, thanks. I did got to college near the Fountain of Youth
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those coming to Newton Centre today may find it a bit busy traffic wise. We find it to be a really neat little old town (city) with many streets regularly backed up with traffic at various times of day. It's beautiful weather here today.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw there was a parking lot across the street but it looks small. Thinking we might take the T in from Riverside. And thank goodness the heat wave broke. I can't imagine another day of 90 degree weather up here.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Those coming to Newton Centre today may find it a bit busy traffic wise. We find it to be a really neat little old town (city) with many streets regularly backed up with traffic at various times of day. It's beautiful weather here today.
    Looking forward to seeing you tonight Jim!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I saw there was a parking lot across the street but it looks small. Thinking we might take the T in from Riverside. And thank goodness the heat wave broke. I can't imagine another day of 90 degree weather up here.

If you have that option I suggest you do that.

The parking lot was pretty FULL all the time we spent there last night(Wednesday) from about 4:00-7:30 without any event going on.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

If you have that option I suggest you do that.

The parking lot was pretty FULL all the time we spent there last night(Wednesday) from about 4:00-7:30 without any event going on.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like it'll be the T then.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We r downtown on newbury st - will head over around 5
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA
    Meetup Place: Union Street Restaurant And Bar ?

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1) - Pre and/or post.
    Surly
    Zelig - Pre (Preferred)(@3:30 PM) and/or Post
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What a bunch of slackers (or they are stuck in traffic).

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found parking on street and got in line - wearing orange flyers hat - and didn’t know Sox were home tonight so getting over from downtown was fun
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

As for signed books...

Great recap. The only thing you left out was the Red Velvet Cake.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA
    Meetup Place: Union Street Restaurant And Bar ?

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1) - Pre and/or post.
    Surly
    Zelig - Pre (Preferred)(@3:30 PM) and/or Post
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    went to Union st after signing, asked everyone with a copy of Sleeping Beauties if they were from DTdotORG , i guess some of you went there before the signing instead. oh well. sorry if i missed all of you! what a great time!
    and yes, i got a signed book!
    ~Hans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast