Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

They can give him A Rods! LOL LOL

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Posada is an interesting case. His numbers eclipse most catchers in the HoF. Mix in the fact that he won a bunch of rings, and you can make a good case.

The way I evaluate HoF cases is that when somebody asks me if a player is a Hall of Famer and I don't immediately answer "yes", then he's not a Hall of Famer.

Posada isn't an instant "yes", so I'm inclined to say he's not in.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pitchers & Catchers report in about a month!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How Vlad doesn't get into the HoF on the first try maddens me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm "Okay" with this years selections, but for, Bagwell. Still on the fence there. Next two years should have two first timers, Mariano and Jeter. If not, that will be a travesty indeed.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm "Okay" with this years selections, but for, Bagwell. Still on the fence there. Next two years should have two first timers, Mariano and Jeter. If not, that will be a travesty indeed.
    Jeff Bagwell went to my high school here in CT, but it doesn't blind me to the fact that the dude took PEDs. Anybody can see that. The same goes for "Pudge". I put quotes around that nickname because he got it because he was kind of flabby for most of his career. That is until the end when he turned into a brick shit house.

As for Raines, he helped the Yankees win a couple WS, but I'm on the fence about him for the HoF. He was a very good player, but he never dominated like Ricky did.

Either way, Vlad had a better career than all of them and he was clean.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all for Raines. He was one of my favourites growing up. I even bought the Tim Raines glove and used it for years.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pitchers and catchers report next week!!!!! March Madness just around the corner along with the corned beef sandwich's!!! Great time of the year!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

That was pretty good, but so is this.......................

Aaron Judge
    2017 Home Run Derby Champion!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the Houston Astros on their first ever WS win! What a great playoff season and entertaining World Series.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! It's about time.

Great World Series, but an anticlimactic game 7.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Tigers have forgotten that these games count. Phew. They are stinking it up.

On a side note B. Colon at age 44 (nearing 45) still can throw some junk. Perfect game going into 8th last night. Ended with a no decision for the game however "WOW" for a dude his age to still be competing in the Bigs.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

He’s performance shows you don’t need power to dominate. Just hit your spot along with wicked movement and your good.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bhurle (sure I spelled that wrong lol) was the same way. He never really relied on velocity, but his pitch location and execution was one point and he continued to be effective for the Jays in his final years.

I'm sad the rain killed that series The Jays had with Cleveland, especially after we had that massive comeback win with 8 unanswered runs. I hope the players sitting on their hands for two days doesn't dampen the spark. Least we get get rained out at home!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread should be titled "All Things Baseball (except the New York Yankees)"

Merlin already has dominion over that thread.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Bhurle (sure I spelled that wrong lol) was the same way. He never really relied on velocity, but his pitch location and execution was one point and he continued to be effective for the Jays in his final years.

I'm sad the rain killed that series The Jays had with Cleveland, especially after we had that massive comeback win with 8 unanswered runs. I hope the players sitting on their hands for two days doesn't dampen the spark. Least we get get rained out at home!
    Buehrle.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Buehrle.
    There are decent examples of pitchers dominating with location. Towards the end of his career Greg Maddux continued to give quality starts without the aid of any true heat. Just a good control of velocity and location.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This thread should be titled "All Things Baseball (except the New York Yankees)"

Indeed

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed
    How mature of you two...................................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing immature about it. The evil empire has its own thread. This is for the rest of the league.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Indeed
    How mature of you two...................................
    How are you even seeing my posts? I thought I freed myself of you.

Anyway, unlike you, I'm a fan of baseball, not just the Yankees.

As a Christmas present, I got a set of 4 glasses. Each one lists certain statistics and one reminded me of my favorite record. Runs Batted In. People talk about records that will never be broken and I firmly believe Hack Wilson's 191 will never be touched.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Was a good game today. We'll take the next three though

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For someone who doesn't much like the internet, doesn't access it via a phone or tablet, and likes straight forward websites is there a site which provides easy to access box scores? It seems there is an awful lot of crap to get through anymore just to check out a box score these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    For someone who doesn't much like the internet, doesn't access it via a phone or tablet, and likes straight forward websites is there a site which provides easy to access box scores? It seems there is an awful lot of crap to get through anymore just to check out a box score these days.
    https://www.mlb.com/scores

You have to click on each box indiviually but they are all there. You can even scroll through the previous dates at the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast