Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 759 of 971 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 769 809 859 ... LastLast
Results 18,951 to 18,975 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I know there’s a thread for this somewhere. Just can’t find it. Spotted in an episode of The Practice.

Link - King-books-appearing-in-Movies
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I've heard the term co-parenting of course, but has anyone ever heard of one's spouse (not ex-spouse) being introduce as such? As in "Hi. This is my co-parent." I found it odd. Or maybe I'm just odd for finding it odd. Shit, I don't know
    I've never heard of that either. Co-parenting is typically when the couple is not together but are still working together to raise their child. If it's a spouse, then you simply say "This is my spouse." or husband/wife or partner or whatever...

"This is my co-parent?" That's just weird.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I've heard the term co-parenting of course, but has anyone ever heard of one's spouse (not ex-spouse) being introduce as such? As in "Hi. This is my co-parent." I found it odd. Or maybe I'm just odd for finding it odd. Shit, I don't know
    I've never heard of that either. Co-parenting is typically when the couple is not together but are still working together to raise their child. If it's a spouse, then you simply say "This is my spouse." or husband/wife or partner or whatever...

That's kinda what I was thinking.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

That's kinda what I was thinking.
    If someone said that to me I honestly think I would just walk away from them and not talk to them again... that's just fucking weird.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was invited today by AMC to watch the pilot episode of NOS4A2. Zachary Quinto was present and interviewed after the episode. I must say that the first episode was up to my expectatives, which were already high. VERY promising!

Extra points for the main actress. That smile just drove me crazy

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^ What a fun experience, Ari! Also I’m glad your review of the show is positive.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sigh!!!

Today I got a call from my neighbor telling me my Garage door was open and so was my back door and he could see some electrical cords loose from the tv. Told him to call the police and called them myself and rushed home.

Sure enough I was robbed. It is weierd what they took and didn't take.

They did take 18 of my Stephen King books. I have 4 billy bookcases from Ikea. They only took books from one of them (as far as I can tell so far). It was the case with all my 1st/1st. They took about 80% of the top shelf, and about 50% of the 2nd shelf. I have to books arranged chronologically.

Here is a list of the books they stole:

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Here is a picture of the selves after the scumbag thieves picked through it:

Spoiler:

One of the books stolen was Night Shift. The was the very first book I bought from David at Betts. It was also the book that completed my 1st/1st collection (at the time). It had a bookplate in it, that David sent me a picture off before I agreed to buy it. So this book should be unique if it hits the market:

Granted, if someone puts it on ebay, I am sure they won't include a picture of it.

Its weird that they left Salem's Lot behind and all the paperback Bachman books. Maybe since they were paperback, they thought it was not valuable. But why spend the time to cherry pick?

Also, all the books taken where in an aftermarket slipcase from either the Collector or Jeff Willey.

Ok, back to wondering what else they took but I don't know yet.

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that, hope they get caught.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Sigh!!!

Today I got a call from my neighbor telling me my Garage door was open and so was my back door and he could see some electrical cords loose from the tv. Told him to call the police and called them myself and rushed home.

They did take 18 of my Stephen King books. I have 4 billy bookcases from Ikea. They only took books from one of them (as far as I can tell so far). It was the case with all my 1st/1st. They took about 80% of the top shelf, and about 50% of the 2nd shelf. I have to books arranged chronologically.

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Spoiler:

One of the books stolen was Night Shift. The was the very first book I bought from David at Betts. It was also the book that completed my 1st/1st collection (at the time). It had a bookplate in it, that David sent me a picture off before I agreed to buy it. So this book should be unique if it hits the market:

Granted, if someone puts it on ebay, I am sure they won't include a picture of it.

Its weird that they left Salem's Lot behind and all the paperback Bachman books. Maybe since they were paperback, they thought it was not valuable. But why spend the time to cherry pick?

Also, all the books taken where in an aftermarket slipcase from either the Collector or Jeff Willey.

Mike
    Ohhhhhhhhh Mike. I am so so sorry to hear that....I had a car broken into once and the feeling of violation was awful...Cannot imagine how you feel. I am truly sorry.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Awful. Sorry man.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very sorry to hear this.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear about this, Mike. Awful news.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible news. Do you have any contacts within the local used bookstores to get the word out of the incident?

As many here will do the same, I'm happy to keep an eye out on eBay for you.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Horrible...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my greatest fears!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I truly feel for you. That's pretty devastating.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That sucks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike
    That's probably how the thief(s) made there decision.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awful to hear that.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sigh!!!

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Spoiler:

Mike
    I'm sorry for your loss. You know, not many would be thieves would know about the value of books. I hate to say it but the theft could be the result of people in your social circle, however far removed. You may want to consider this when talking to the cops. Just a thought. I know you hate to consider something like that, but you never know until you know.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, that seems hard to believe. If the person was familiar with books, they would have taken the Rage, Cycle of the Werewolf, and the 'Salem's Lot over Misery and Danse Macabre. They just grabbed the stuff in slipcases.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly awful. So sorry this happened.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bill, that seems hard to believe. If the person was familiar with books, they would have taken the Rage, Cycle of the Werewolf, and the 'Salem's Lot over Misery and Danse Macabre. They just grabbed the stuff in slipcases.
    Not really if you think about it. I wasn't suggesting close friends or relatives, but further removed. Someone struggling with a drug problem would not be discerning. They just hear that so and so has expensive books and they add it to the list. IDK it's just a thought. They wouldn't have left anything if they knew what they were doing.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to hear that Mike. I hope these guys slip up soon, and get caught.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. The thing is right next to this book case is my bookcase with my entire CD collection including many lettered editions. Probably everything in my collection is in slipcases except the 1st/1st that Jeffy Willey hasn't gotten to, or CD has made one for.

I don't think it is someone in my social circle. I moved to Austin 3 years ago, and am somewhat of a loner, most of the people in my social circle are co-workers who are well off. I also have some frields I play Dungeons and Dragons with, but I have only mentioned my collection in passing to them, if at all, and none have seen them.

I think it might be a member (or spouse of) someone who cleaned my house recently. There was a team of about 6-8 maids doing a deep clean. I made it clear to not touch the books because they were valuable.

So here are more details of the robbery:

Spoiler:

No forced entry, so maybe I left my back door unlocked, the gate to my backyard was left open. Also my garage door was left open. The garage door was disengaged from the motor, so don't know if they did that to try to close it behind them?

On ground level they stole
    one movie poster/frame from the wall (Star Wars), there are many other movie posters upstairs but they didn't take them.
    Center channel speaker for my 5.1 surround sound downstairs (this is actually my secondary tv room).
    They ripped one mounted speaker off the wall (with the drywall), but didnt take the speaker.
    They tried to take one of the electronic components, but best buy/geek squad put so many zip ties around the cables I think they gave up.
    Stole old laptop from bedroom
    Stole a watch winder
    Inside watch winder was my Dad's Omega Seamaster watch he bought in late 50's. (they missed my $2K Oris watch that was packed in an eyeglass case and bubble wrap because I was going to mail it in to get fixed)
    Took all my baseball cards I had from when I was a kid. Probably not worth much because I used to put rubber bands around them.
    Took all my prescription pills (include a few pain killers)
    Took a pillowcase off of one of my pillows. I figure to stuff the things they stole from that room.
    Took a Roomba robot, but not the charging station.

From upstairs:
    Stole the SK books from library
    Took a Sword I bought at a Renascence fair downstairs, but left it downstairs.
    I have a media room with tons of electonics, a wet bar, and lots of CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/4K
    From the cabinet with my CD's they took the box for the Rolling Stones Deluxe GRRRRR! colection. Ironically the discs are actually in a 300disc CD player.
    They actually had to move a Monty Python boxed set out of the way to get it, but didn't take that.
    I haven't noticed anything else missing in the media room. They even had to step over the cord to the laptop I am using now, but didn't take the laptop.
    The opened up the cabinets with the booze, but don't see anything missing.

I can only think they got spooked and left early, they could have done a lot more damage.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 759 of 971 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 769 809 859 ... LastLast