Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2550

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My prize for solving Scarecrow Joe's puzzles arrived yesterday. The package was badly damaged, but the Collector's edition inside survived. Unfortunately, other than the label and the e-mail there isn't anything to connect it as a prize from SK.

Oh, and I suppose the login to Joe's Realm:

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, it would have been nice to get even a photocopied letter or something, huh? I'm happy with the knowledge that we made it when so few others did. I printed the email and kept the envelope, but it would have been nice to have a sheet of paper in there saying "Thanks for playing", even if from Marsha and not Stephen.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

Can I ask what sort of downloads were on the Joe's Realm site?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hi res images of the UtD cover, the 2 PDFs for Cannibals and a PDF of The Plant, plus a little app that would encipher things into the "cannibals code" that was used during the game.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Congratulations!

Can I ask what sort of downloads were on the Joe's Realm site?
    UTD screensavers.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Thanks!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I want a PDF for Cannibals!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I want a PDF for Cannibals!!!
    Its on stephenking.com

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Anybody know of a bookstore in the UK that could send me a trade PB edition (to the USA)?
    It would not be a first printing. They must be on the 6th or 7th printing by now.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats again, Jerome and Gris. Jerome, I'd save a hardcopy of the email and I might cut the label from the envelope and keep that - but I'd toss the torn, padded envelope itself.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congrats again, Jerome and Gris. Jerome, I'd save a hardcopy of the email and I might cut the label from the envelope and keep that - but I'd toss the torn, padded envelope itself.
    That's what I did, after scraping the asbestos backing off the envelope.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Anybody know of a bookstore in the UK that could send me a trade PB edition (to the USA)?
    It would not be a first printing. They must be on the 6th or 7th printing by now.
    Thanks, I guess it's another inexpensive "first state" that will be hard to find. I wish FANTAST was still around!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's what I did, after scraping the asbestos backing off the envelope.
    I am not a fan of that type of padded envelope, they're always a mess when you open them.

By the way, I did the same 'label cut' on the Hatchard's packaging of the UK UTD S/L. Once open, the box itself was really just a couple pieces of folded cardboard. I saw no reason to keep it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just looking for an update...

Has anyone that has sent their damaged copy back to Waterstone's received their refund including return shipping? I still need to decide if I want to try and send it back, keep it, or sell it and try and recoup my money and avoid the hassle of returning it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Since they acknowledged receipt of the damaged book in return I have heard nothing from them re: my refund. It is going on two weeks now. I resent an e-mail requesting a refund yesterday. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt right now because of their reduced hours over the holidays. But, in reality, I am impatient and becoming angry.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I still don't know whether to pay that $15 invoice.

Gunslinger Apprentice Solar is on a distinguished road Solar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Just looking for an update...

Has anyone that has sent their damaged copy back to Waterstone's received their refund including return shipping? I still need to decide if I want to try and send it back, keep it, or sell it and try and recoup my money and avoid the hassle of returning it.
    I have a dinged copy and honestly, there's no chance I'm going to return it. It's just not worth the hassle to me and would be much easier to simply slap it up on ebay. It's a Stephen King S/L that I paid the equivilent of $185 for - that shouldn't be hard to recoup and seems a safer bet than shipping it back to the UK and hoping for a refund.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have tried selling it on e-bay (just trying to recoup what I paid - $230 - not sure how they figured the exchange rate but they charged me a higher rate than what it was at teh time I purchased the book and even when they billed the credit card) and have not had any luck yet. I suppose if I hang on to it for a little while and let things settle down I might have better luck. There are still alot of copies for sale right now which doesn't help my case any.

Does anyone have idea of where this edition will end up settling in price wise?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

For those with a slightly damaged book...did you buy it intending to resell immediately? Because, if you didn't, then there's not really any rush to sell...just put in on the shelf, and down the road I'm sure a couple dings won't totally hurt the resell price - won't help, but it won't be a total disaster.

I wouldn't bother to return it either, but that's just because I'm lazy...haha...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see the price staying low for a while. Most of the books being damaged will not help either. However, a copy in pristine condition will get a premium price simply because of the large number of damaged copies.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has there been any definitive counts on the number of grey-lettered first edition covers of UTD as opposed to the white ones? Are they really that much more scarce? Just like most people have mentioned, Borders is the only place in town that I saw the grey ones.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When they were first issued, I figured about a 50-50 mix. Now I think (and this completely an unscientific guess) that it's probably 70-30 with the white lettering predominant. I've heard that a few people got a dark-colored copy from Amazon.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got the grey-lettered from Amazon and bought the white-lettered here in Holland.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Collector has his Under the Dome slipcases available for pre-order:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy_slipcases.html

Price is $29.95 + s/h. To ship around the end of January or the beginning of February.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Collector has his Under the Dome slipcases available for pre-order:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy_slipcases.html

Price is $29.95 + s/h. To ship around the end of January or the beginning of February.

John
    It looks like Tomas liked my design with the card slot in the top. I was really surprised when I saw the actual UK edition release. It was like they new what I drew and posted here back in early November.

This is going to be a nice case Tomas. Look forward to getting a couple.

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast