Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: NoahM

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Words fail me!!!! Stunning collection!!!

Spoiler:
    You're gonna have a whole lot of fun here!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just adding my congratulations on your wonderful collection. I really like the way that you present it as 'all books are equal' and keep each book title together. I'm not sure I could show that level of 'book humility' - I'm far too proud of my meagre limiteds and prefer them to be put together.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    Very impressive collection and room!
    If only I had that much space...

May I ask what is the Maine mag, at the bottom right corner?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Stroppy. . .thank you!!! Ha ha. . .I don't know if it's book humility, or anal retentiveness! I order the books first by author and then chronologically by title. Ordering them based on monetary value, or all trades together and all limiteds together, would offend my sense of OCD. Heh.

Country
    Country Flag

Dr. West - Thanks, man! That's Maine magazine (March/April 1977 issue), which features the first appearance of the short story "One for the Road." It's outrageously rare, and had been on my dream-list for over 20 years before I was lucky enough to find a copy!
    Here's a better view:

And yes, that massive pile of cash on the cover is about how much I paid for the damn thing. . .

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And it looks in quite a nice condition. Congratulations and thanks for sharing a picture !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

No problem! Yep, it's in fantastic shape!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dr. West - Thanks, man! That's Maine magazine (March/April 1977 issue), which features the first appearance of the short story "One for the Road." It's outrageously rare, and had been on my dream-list for over 20 years before I was lucky enough to find a copy!
    Here's a better view:

And yes, that massive pile of cash on the cover is about how much I paid for the damn thing. . .
    King and taxes in one magazine? in 1977
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

Ha!
    By the way, I am selling a 1st/1st copy of The Shining on eBay - it's in fantastic condition and is pricey, but worth a look if you're going for quality. . ..my seller name is "MountainStreamBudo"
    I also have other King 1st editions up this month, including a 1st Dead Zone, 1st 1990 Stand, 1st Long Walk, and others. . .

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha!
    By the way, I am selling a 1st/1st copy of The Shining on eBay - it's in fantastic condition and is pricey, but worth a look if you're going for quality. . ..my seller name is "MountainStreamBudo"
    I also have other King 1st editions up this month, including a 1st Dead Zone, 1st 1990 Stand, 1st Long Walk, and others. . .
    Feel free to post what you like in your collection thread, but if you want maximum exposure to a sale item, I suggest putting it in the Collectible Classifieds thread. Most people reduce the price compared to that on ebay as the seller will not be charged the ebay fee. You may also request to be paid via paypal gift (and again not be charged by Paypal) but be advised this reduces the buyers rights if the sale goes wrong and as a (relatively) new member, some buyers may not have the same level of trust to warrant this. (no offence intended by the way - just letting you know what to expect )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

AH!! Okay, thanks! I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll look for it now. Thanks again and absolutely no offense taken!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Nope - can't find the collectibles classified section. . .can you please provide a link?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's not a section but a thread here in Calvin's Corner (which is the section of the website where the collectors spend most of their time): http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le-Classifieds

Country
    Country Flag

Michael - thank you!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It's not a section but a thread here in Calvin's Corner (which is the section of the website where the collectors spend most of their time): http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le-Classifieds
    Michael - thank you!!!
    So sorry for your misfortunes in that thread. Please don't judge us all solely on those exchanges.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Noah, when I first started on the forum I was also a little lost but once you get familiar with how everything is organized, it will be easy.

What I found really helped me was to just link directly to Calvin's Corner, and then you can see all the most recent/active threads on that page if you scroll down a little.

Of course, you should also browse around the other sections, but like biomieg says, Calvin's Corner is where a lot of collectors spend their time Here's a link.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Noah, when I first started on the forum I was also a little lost but once you get familiar with how everything is organized, it will be easy.

What I found really helped me was to just link directly to Calvin's Corner, and then you can see all the most recent/active threads on that page if you scroll down a little.

Of course, you should also browse around the other sections, but like biomieg says, Calvin's Corner is where a lot of collectors spend their time Here's a link.
    Wait, you can limit which forums you want to monitor for your "Unread posts" button? LOL Crap I've been here for many years and didn't know you could do that. Is there a tutorial?

Pardon the interruption, Noah
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Wait, you can limit which forums you want to monitor for your "Unread posts" button? LOL Crap I've been here for many years and didn't know you could do that. Is there a tutorial?
    Spoiler:

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stellar collection Noah, thanks for sharing
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Fwiw, I don't subscribe to any thread, I just constantly hit the "What's New" Button at the top of the screen below the title graphic when I'm logged on. It also works when you aren't logged on.

Country
    Country Flag

Racerx, Zelig, Merlin1958 - guys, thanks so much for the positive vibe and for the kind words. Most of the people with whom I've interacted here have been incredibly warm, kind, and welcoming. I'm not sure what that other nonsense was all about, but even if people disagreed with my selling prices, it probably could have been handled in a friendlier fashion. Oh, well. Onward & upward! Thanks again, all!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Racerx, Zelig, Merlin1958 - guys, thanks so much for the positive vibe and for the kind words. Most of the people with whom I've interacted here have been incredibly warm, kind, and welcoming. I'm not sure what that other nonsense was all about, but even if people disagreed with my selling prices, it probably could have been handled in a friendlier fashion. Oh, well. Onward & upward! Thanks again, all!
    Agree brother. Private PM is the classy way to go. There is also a thread you can go to where the Experts can assess what you should ask. VERY helpful and then it is an open forum. Glad to have you!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Webstar - Thank you. These days, "fair market value" can easily be determined by looking at average sale prices on eBay, ABE, Bookfinder, and other such sites. Again, it's all about condition. . . sure you can find a 1st edition of The Shining for $20, but it's going to be a beat-up POS. I feel like my asking prices reflect both the scarcity and CONDITION of the books. . .and with that said, I will step back and allow this argument to die already!
    Thanks again for being so cool!!!
    N

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The 30 June 1995 issue of USA Weekend is still available from the publisher for $4.95. I asked them if I could get an unfolded copy, and they said it would not be a problem if I collected it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast