Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you imagine Rhea?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zemegauser View Post

Only a bit older than the picture.
    Cry your pardon sai but for me it's much funnier than scary.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lady_Macbeth is on a distinguished road Lady_Macbeth's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I sorta picture her as the type of little girl who would pull the heads off kittens just for sh!ts and giggles. Evil to the core.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Hope this link works. IMDB is weird.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Young Rhea

Old Rhea.

Traveler Louis Cyphre is on a distinguished road

Thats about as accurate as i can get i'm afraid...
    Attached Images

Gunslinger Apprentice Whitey Appleseed is on a distinguished road Whitey Appleseed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How do you imagine her as a young girl?
    Tough call...probably abused by her father, a child done wrong, maybe a plaything for the rich and famous of one of the other cities of Mid-World.

Was she pretty and beautiful?
    Yeah, drop dead gorgeous, she could make a dead man come, as the song goes.

Was she ever good-hearted?
    She did love her snake, Ermot, so she was capable of one of the saving graces.

Was she in love?
    Other than with Ermot, you mean. Hard to imagine, but anything's possible.

When and why did she choose the "bad side"? Was it a decision in her life or did it just happen? Still reading, but I'm hoping to come across the word, "bewildered". Cordelia at one point kinda wakes up, as if in a trance. That old baddy, the Crimson King, I bet. I think she watched too much television, too many Friends re-runs, and she just snapped, went over to the dark side, began enjoying it, really tuning in, and tuning out any sort of predestination in store for her...or maybe not...maybe her destiny was to be the witch of Coos...Frost, by the way, has a great poem called just that, "the witch of Coos"...the bones...something about a finger bone...would make a great one act play for the high school set.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Appleseed View Post
    When and why did she choose the "bad side"? I think she watched too much television, too many Friends re-runs.

Gunslinger Apprentice Whitey Appleseed is on a distinguished road Whitey Appleseed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished the read and no "bewildered" for Rhea, but there was something about her handling men like those (coffin hunters, I think) before, kinda like Detta...so, yeah, she had her charms even as a blooming witch.

Country
    Country Flag

That's sure.
    I would be interested in her age. Was it mentioned in W&G? How old could she be?

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

I had pictured her sort of as a silent film star in her later years. After she had gone insane and lost toutch with reality. Vainly attempting to look attractive in her dilusional eyes. A true face of decay and madness, hair dingy grey, spindley and everywhere. Body frail and hunched over. long spindley fingers.......
    Yet still wearing her same jewelrey and clothes that she wore in former, happier times........

Could she have loved? Possiably, who knows, maybe that is how she became corrupted with the dark arts?

Sounds like the makeings of another book onto itself.........

"I kill with my heart"

still can not spell, stupid work computer.......

Country
    Country Flag

In Chapter VII, Taking the Ball, section 11, Rhea's opinion of men is illustrated, the coffin hunters lined up across from her..."They were men, that was all, just more men, and she had been beating such all her life. Oh, they thought they ruled the roost, all right--nobody in Mid-World accused anyone of forgetting the face of his mother--but they were poor things, at bottom, moved to tears by a sad song, utterly undone by the sight of a bare breast, and all the more capable of being manipulated simply because they were so sure they were strong and tough and wise."

Jonas calls her "old mother". Hoot. Women are timeless, aren't they, of no age but their own? I've revised my opinion that she was done wrong as a child. I think she knew how to manipulate people from a young age.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ste Letto is on a distinguished road Ste Letto's Avatar

As a young girl I see her as plain, dowdy, awkward and shy. When puberty came the men did not. She was bookish, and found magic in those books. Magic made her strong. Magic gave her power and self esteem. Thus she pursued magic that could manipulate others. Somewhere along the way she moved from self serving to downright evil. Once there there was no going back.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ste Letto View Post
    As a young girl I see her as plain, dowdy, awkward and shy. When puberty came the men did not. She was bookish, and found magic in those books. Magic made her strong. Magic gave her power and self esteem. Thus she pursued magic that could manipulate others. Somewhere along the way she moved from self serving to downright evil. Once there there was no going back.
    There is always going back. But of course I get what you mean.
    It's interesting how most of us imagine her as a shy young girl. So do I. I think she must have been in love and got failed. People this evil and selfish usually have a failed love in their history.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Look at the little goat cart!

Traveler Charyou Tree is on a distinguished road

That's exactly what I see.....lol!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Charyou Tree View Post

Yes. Unfortunately, I see the same.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Charyou Tree is on a distinguished road

Unfortunate or not.....that's her.

Country
    Country Flag

With such an innocent 'nay, it wasn't me sir' look on her face?!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Look at the little goat cart!

Incidentally, I love this picture and I think I would really like the lady who owns this cart (even if my first thought was RHEA!).

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

my god you know who WOULD have been PERFECT to play her? if she was still alive? "Bette Davis" ! she played it to perfection in "baby Jane'

i am curious who they are going to cast to play her though

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

you mean like this?

ye thats how i always thought of her too

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Her. Precisely.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Russian lore character, called Баба Яга:

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty much. & i still think it's funny as hell how the actress who played the witch well the evil one anyways was a kindergarden teacher before she started to act. which is just funny cause i used to have nightmares after watching "The wizard of oz" as a kid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast