Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    At this moment in time, we do not have a contract for the new book. So, if it's coming out in a year, it ain't comin from us. But bear in mind, Marsha said that he wouldn't be working on it until about 8 months from now.

And then there's the editing time and such..I am thinking, if he's finished with it in a year, it might take yet another year for it to come out.

Just my thoughts!
    Or your boss does have a contract and is even keeping it secret from you for now.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Not even LSOE, because that has Roland. This would deal with secondary characters, or perhaps all-new characters, but set in the DT universe.

I'm so looking foward to a 1000+ page novel with Gasher as the main character.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it might not "star" any of the usual characters, but Michael Whelan just did about 25 chartacter paintings for the Discordia project. They are awesome! He did ALL the major players in the DT series, so I wonder if Michael might be asked to illustrate the new book. One can hope!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It would certainly be lovely if he were!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

I'm so looking foward to a 1000+ page novel with Gasher as the main character.
    ILU

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am very much open to a new story on the subject of the Tower, any more insight we can gain from King in that arena is really cool.

I just opened Under the Dome and I always read other writers but starting a King book is like putting on an old comfortable sweater.
    Matt--you are SO right about that! UTD is a comfortable read so far. You love characters and you love to hate characters. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I wanta patrick danville novel!!!
    Had you not said this, I would have. I would love a story that filled that lengthy gap.

All in all, another story, tucked deep within Roland's past doesn't excite me as much as something involving our loved tet. But, I'll get it. I'll read it. I'll keep it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If the novel were as good as LSOE, I'd be quite excited about another story tucked deep within Roland's past.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

yeah, no contract
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    yeah, no contract
    To paraphrase Homer from Under the Dome, The Simpsons Movie: "No contract so far."

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

My 2 cents? Wootness, I am ready for any King , anytime, especially DT related.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Wootness, I am ready for any King , anytime, especially DT related.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

This is great news!

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I greeted the news with caution. Whilst i enjoyed the DT series as a whole, I loved and adored and drowned myself in the first three books. After that, somehow, it didn't quite grip in the same way. King was still a raw talent when he wrote the Gunslinger and I, for one, thought the rewrite kinda diluted that rawness. Of the later books, Song of Suz was the one that, IMO, recaptured that rawness. The promise of more stories immediately makes me wonder which author will write them - the King of raw, hurtling story or the King of literary correctness.

I DO console myself with the afterthought that a new book will be written by KING...so the dialogue will be leaps and bounds above that to be found in the graphic novels, which is, frankly, drivel.

Calla Wolf

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The story of the ruined city where Gasher & TickTock & Blane (Blain?) lived would please me!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    The story of the ruined city where Gasher & TickTock & Blane (Blain?) lived would please me!
    Lud.
    Blaine.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to see more of the ticktock man...
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I greeted the news with caution. Whilst i enjoyed the DT series as a whole, I loved and adored and drowned myself in the first three books. After that, somehow, it didn't quite grip in the same way.
    Me...the first four books only went uphill; Wizard and Glass especially was an incredible read - a touching love story, great action scenes, amazing characters, like Rhea. As close to perfection as we'll ever get.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I greeted the news with caution. Whilst i enjoyed the DT series as a whole, I loved and adored and drowned myself in the first three books. After that, somehow, it didn't quite grip in the same way.
    Me...the first four books only went uphill; Wizard and Glass especially was an incredible read - a touching love story, great action scenes, amazing characters, like Rhea. As close to perfection as we'll ever get.

sk
    One of the negative influences for me as far as W&G was concerned was the fact that King stopped reading the audio books. If you've never heard Steve read the first three books, you've yet to experience the full depth and breadth of the Tower stories
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If you've never heard Steve read the first three books, you've yet to experience the full depth and breadth of the Tower stories
    I second that. King was a good reader, alhough he did not think that himself. I would still like him to read the last 4 books, but that would take hundreds of hours of his time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King's voice left something to be desired, but when he read something he himslef had written, I felt confident there was nothing lost in the "translation".

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta hear'em then! Which years are the audiobooks he read?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ...I always read other writers but starting a King book is like putting on an old comfortable sweater.
    I cannot think of a more perfect way to say it.

*edit*

Also, in a more direst response to the thread:

I welcome any addition to the novels of the DT saga...so long as Robin F'n Furth doesn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent. I didn't like SoS at all and TDT was just ok, but I wouldn't mind seeing another book expanding upon the series. I haven't read any of the series since TDT was published, so it will be a good excuse for a reread.

I'm actually hoping he'll eventually tell the story of the old guys corp. (Tet?) that he hints at in TDT.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the negative influences for me as far as W&G was concerned was the fact that King stopped reading the audio books. If you've never heard Steve read the first three books, you've yet to experience the full depth and breadth of the Tower stories
    My introduction to The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three was through King reading them to me via audiotapes.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'm actually hoping he'll eventually tell the story of the old guys corp. (Tet?) that he hints at in TDT.
    It looks like Discordia might cover some of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast