Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 909 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I was hoping it wouldn't get posted.

edit: not picking on you AT ALL. Just so there's no misunderstanding. There are a lot of things that get posted here that I hoped would fly under the radar.
    Ditto. This is an excellent thread and members (non members too for that matter) have found interesting items because of what is posted here. However, when a rare, very sought after item like this is posted I think it increases the competition ten fold. Im not complaining (not too much anyway) was just hoping those who knew about it would keep quiet. I think a lot of members here either already knew about the auction or would have found out without it being posted because most of us are diligent in our searches for these types of hard to find collectibles. However, when it is posted even the non diligent are made aware and the item has a greater chance of being bid way up.
    The item had six bids by at least four different bidders within a few hours of being listed. More followed over the next day. I don't think it was flying under anyone's radar.

But you are both probably right. I'll start running items I think should be posted here past Jerome before I post them. That way he and I can both share the blame.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If I thought only members would be truly interested, I would suggest not up bidding it.
    I don't understand what you are suggesting here. That members shouldn't bid against each other? That members should wait and post snipe bids at the last second? I'm confused by this statement.
    You are a smart person, and I don't believe you are confused by the statement. The statement is rather clear.
    I guess I am not as smart as you think I am. Isn't any bid going to be "up bidding"? How is an interested party supposed to win the darned thing if they don't bid on it?

I think what you are getting at is bid timing and that you would prefer that interested parties withhold their bids until nearer the end of the auction. Am I getting closer?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I always assume that any auction I'm able to find had already been seen by the rest of you, so it's fair game for all.
    Someone's matching number is a situation where I wouldn't bid if it was requested.

Sniping at the max you are willing to pay just makes sense. Any time I do an early bid, I can look at the bids and see another bidder probing to find my max. You know the type, they keep increasing their bid $10 at a time until they get to the top.
    I think sniping does help avoid that situation and you only have to deal with the serious buyers.
    Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I usually just bid my max and be done with it. If someone outbids me, via a snipe or a regular bid, then they paid more than I was willing to for the item, so I don't feel bad at all that I lost

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Could you please stop hijacking this thread... i just want auctions... no discussions.sss

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, too late. someone snagged this for $67:
    RAGE Richard Bachman Stephen King 1st UK Edition Original Paperback RARE

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$57 BIN is a bit too high, but make him an offer:
    The Running Man Richard Bachman Stephen King 1st Edition Original Paperback RARE

Can't tell if it's a 1st edition. $1:
    stephen king three complete novels (hardcover)

Time left:

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Today I did not overthink! Just hit BIN damn it! So I did.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    A great buy. Congratulations

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably will go higher, but $9.99 is a good price:
    Stephen King's Wastelands Portfolio Ned Dameron

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Nice! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I think what you are getting at is bid timing and that you would prefer that interested parties withhold their bids until nearer the end of the auction. Am I getting closer?
    I think thats what he meant. Was a bit ambiguous.

My Mood
    Twisted

The item had six bids by at least four different bidders within a few hours of being listed. More followed over the next day. I don't think it was flying under anyone's radar.
    But you are both probably right. I'll start running items I think should be posted here past Jerome before I post them. That way he and I can both share the blame.
    No, was not under the radar (sigh). Im just bitching and moaning 'cause I want it and want it at an absolutely awesome price with no competition.
    Its up to you and Crow Man but I dont think theres any reason to run auctions by him first. Last I checked this is an open forum, isn't it?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe no one has posted this one yet. Or if they did I missed it. You don't see these every day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350789857100...84.m1423.l2649

edit: not picking on you AT ALL. Just so there's no misunderstanding. There are a lot of things that get posted here that I hoped would fly under the radar.
    So.....what's it going to sell for?

OVER/UNDER

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is no need to check with me before posting an interesting auction.
    I can't be here 24 hours a day. It's nice to have help, especially during "off" hours.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently $9.99:
    Stephen King IT Rare ARC

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently $9.99:
    Stephen King IT Rare ARC

There were fewer than 12 of these done.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing it will go for quite a bit more than $10.

My Mood
    Twisted

Definitely over 300 since its there now.. Snicker...
    No other comment from me since I plan on bidding..

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Can't believe no one has posted this one yet. Or if they did I missed it. You don't see these every day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350789857100...84.m1423.l2649

So.....what's it going to sell for?

OVER/UNDER

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I told the seller that I have a blank check with his name on it. He declined.

(I really don't, I just wanted to see what he would sell it to me for, lol)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd really like to have it, but I know the price will be more than I can pay. Oh, well.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Currently $9.99:
    Stephen King IT Rare ARC

There were fewer than 12 of these done.

John
    Currently 80 not 300. Someone must have withdrawn their bid. I bet that there are numerous snipes activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    By the way, I told the seller that I have a blank check with his name on it. He declined.
    (I really don't, I just wanted to see what he would sell it to me for, lol)
    That's not really what i would call a fair behavior if this is a lie. Definitely the kind of behavior that would put you, IMO, in the buyer to avoid thread.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 909 ... LastLast