Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Endorsed by Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default Endorsed by Stephen King

I curious to see how many items are out there with a Stephen King endorsement be it a forward, or a quote etc for a book or anything else if it exists....post pics or list any you know of here....

Here's a good starter:
    Attached Images

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good starter!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you want to see pictures or a list like this:

Horripilations (Art of JK Potter) Introduction by King
    A Life in the Cinema Introduction by King
    Arbor House Treasury Introduction by King and a short story The Crate
    Archie Americana Series Introduction by King
    Batman 400 Introduction by King
    Best American Short Stories Introduction by King
    Frankenstein Introduction by King
    Ideal Genuine Man Introduction by King
    Signatures Introduction by King
    Tales by Moonlight Introduction by King

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or this extended blurb on the back of the proof of The Story of Edward Sawtelle (which was shortened substantially when the book was published:

John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I bought Scars and Other Distinguishing Marks by Richard Christian Matheson because 1. I thought it was the same author as I am Legend (which it's not) and 2, because SK writes a forward about how awesome the author is.

Maybe SK is just a good friend of the SR Matheson, because that book sucked. And I read the whole thing. Maybe 1 of the short stories was even semi-good, and the best that could be said of any of them was that some were disturbing. Like watching someone drown is disturbing.

SK recommended it, but I don't.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Evil Dead poster with King quote

....The most ferociously original horror film of the year....

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    I curious to see how many items are out there with a Stephen King endorsement be it a forward, or a quote etc for a book or anything else if it exists....post pics or list any you know of here....

Here's a good starter:
    You have kicked it off, now go forth and contribute all that you personally can.
    P.S. Stunning idea for a thread...it might be renamed but the invigoration to the Collector section is greatly appreciated.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

“This wonderful book by Bev Vincent opens doors to Roland’s world that not
    even I knew existed. If you like The Dark Tower books, you’ll like this one.
    Enthusiastically recommended.” (shortened for the cover of the book)

When this came in, it made my editor

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

I'm sure your reaction was pretty close to the same, Bev.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Excellent adds Ralph...I think unless they are short little blurbs on covers we dont need to have the whole intro pictured, but great to have that list on here........

some obvious ones are also:

Forward on "Stalking the Nightmare" by Harlan Ellison
    Forward on "The Collector" by John Fowles

which both incidentally are two of my all time faves.

You have impeccable taste in books Stephen King...

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    The Evil Dead poster with King quote

....The most ferociously original horror film of the year....

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Clive Barker - In the Flesh - King says Barker is better than he????
    Attached Images

Default T.E.D. Klein

from jacket of "The Ceremonies" by T.E.D. Klein....
    Viking 1984....Read it I think many moons ago, remember it possibly being decent...anyone read it in the last decade??
    Attached Images

hey Bev can you post a nice scan of the cover quote for the thread collection?

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

awesome! Bev, you must be so proud.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Thats a very nice one Bev, excuse my ignorance but who is the illustrator on that?

He's British artist Steve Stone. I believe this art will appear in the upcoming book from Centipede Press.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I wish I was endorsed by Stephen King...

If you could find some time, a picture of any is worth as many words as a blurb can have....

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I've been working on a list of King endorsements... every kind of blurbs (few words to few sentences or lines sometimes), that are NOT in Justin's book. Justin didnt put them into his bibliography cause they are not long enough i guess, and if you start you have to be as completist as possible, so lot of hassle and difficulty.

I've got it at home, so i'll try to remember to post it in a few days or so. But there are quite a few (quoted) in Beahm's A to Z book.

The thing that interest me about those is that those could POSSIBLY be extracted from longer texts from King: ARCs, any reprints of the books, letter to the publisher... or maybe simply interviews, i dunno... but that allows some researches for potential new "texts"^^

Thanks for the ones on this thread there were some i didnt know so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Endorsement from the DJ of the Subterranean Press Limited Edition of The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, though I think it was originally written for the trade publication of the book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    Clive Barker - In the Flesh - King says Barker is better than he????

I always wondered where that "I have seen the future of horror and its name is Clive Barker" comes from ???
    Last edited by herbertwest; 10-17-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt add the one that have been prviously mentionned in that thread.

I WAS ABLE TO CHECK THE FOLLOWING ONES :

Most of the followings are mentionned in Beahm’s A to Z book!
    I don’t know where those are from… letter to editor? Reviews? ARCs?

Bookcover means I was able to see it on a bookcover from an online shop

BATMAN : THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, Frank Miller
    "....Probably the finest piece of comic art ever to be published in a popular edition." [amazon]

BONES OF THE MOON, Jonathan Carroll
    • "I finished the novel feeling exhilarated and sated...I was entertained like a spectator at a really good magic show. A gorgeous, frightening, imaginative, loving, unsettling, funny, gruesome, thought-provoking novel. This grand book is a triumph." Official website of the writer : http://www.jonathancarroll.com/books...ofthemoon.html
    • "A gorgeous, frightening, imaginative, loving, unsettling, funny, gruesome, thought-provoking novel. This grand book is a triumph." [online… but no idea where it is from ; back of the book ?]
    The french book have something different : "Un livre que j'ai dévoré ! Il y a longtemps que ça ne m'était pas arrivé." (rougly = a book i ate up ! It has been a long time since it didnt happen)

BOOKS OF BLOOD :
    wikipedia :
    When the Books of Blood were first published in the United States in paperback, Stephen King was quoted on the book covers: "I have seen the future of horror, his name is Clive Barker."=== where does that come from?

A CASE OF NEED, Michael Crichton (under the penname of Jeffrey Hudson)
    • “Fantastic… I loved it!” [A to Z]
    • "The classic novel of suspense...fantastic...I loved it." [bookcover, ebay]
    • "I love anything Michael Crichton writes, but his early medical thrillers have been favorites of mine." [amazon.com)
    IMO, there are too many different texts : there must be an actual essay about it !

FAN MAIL, de Ronald Munson
    A fantastically crafty nail-bitter in the Ira Levin Tradition.I love it! [bookcover]

FEAR, by Ron Hubbard
    • "A classic tale of creeping, surreal menace and horror... One of the really, really good ones." (bookcover)
    A to Z : (see at the end of that post... the joined picture)
    In the French book, it is included in the introduction of the book

FRAILTY, movie : Bill Paxton
    o ??? : “I’ve never seen a movie quite like FRAILTY. It’s unique, thought-provoking, edge-of-the seat entertainment.”
    o DVD cover : “…edge of the seat entertainment”

HELL HOUSE, RIchard Matheson
    • ""Hell House is the scariest haunted house novel ever written. It looms over the rest the way the mountains loom over the foothills." amazon.

IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW, Peter Straub
    From Wikipedia : In addition to building Straub's reputation as a writer of quality horror/supernatural fiction, If You Could See Me Now caught the attention of Stephen King who provided a lengthy blurb for the dust jacket of the first American edition”
    o From A to Z : “An electrifying finish : during the last forty pages my hands were as good as nailed to the book”

MANHATTAN GHOST STORY, TM Wright
    "T M Wright is a rare and blazing talent." It’s also used on the website of the author…
    http://www.tmwrightonline.net/

RULES OF PREY, John Sandford
    Sleek and nasty...A big scary, suspenseful read, and I loved every minute of it. [bookcover]

SHADOWLAND, Peter Straub
    “Creepy from page one… I loved it” [bookcover & A to Z]

SHADOWPREY, John Sandford.
    "A big, scary, suspenseful read" [back of the cover : A to Z, and ebay]

UNDONE, Michael Kimball
    • "The sort of book you think about during the day and can't wait to settle back into at night. It's sly, sexy, suspenseful . . . and very, very moving."
    Website of the author : http://www.michaelkimball.com/undone.htm
    • Sly, sexy, suspenseful . . . and very, very moving." : bookcover
    Attached Images
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I WASNT ABLE TO CHECK THE FOLLOWING ONES

HAUNTED, by James Herbert.
    o « Haunted is one of Herbert’s best riveting, non-stop reading!” [on the cover of the book]
    o o A to Z : Haunted is one of Herbert's best. Riveting, nonstop reading... James Herbert is one of the best horror/suspense novelists around -if you want the you-know-what scared you out of you, James Herbert will do it... Herbert is one of England's best selling novelists. Haunted is just the reason why."
    But A to Z include a longer one… where does it come from?

AGAINST THE WIND, J. F. Freedman
    • “A rip-snorting, full-throttle novel that mixes bikers, murder, a blood-curdling prison riot, and a powder-keg murder trial. The result is a high-octane blast. J. F. Freedman has made an auspicious debut with this compulsively readable tale of crime and punishment. It kept me up late into the night.” A to Z
    • “A high octane blast that makes Presumed Innocent seem tame” : bookcover

WEAVE WORLD, by Clive Barker
    Comment about Barker and this book (?) at the back of the French edition :
    • "Clive Barker est un grand, un vrai novateur... A côté de lui, nous avons l'air d'avoir passé les dix dernières années à dormir... Jamais je n'avais ressenti un tel mélange d'horreur, d'excitation et d'émerveillement à la lecture d'un roman." [Initiation à la terreur]
    Roughly : “Clive Barker is a great and a true innovative… Compared to him, we seems like we spent the last ten years sleeping… I’ve never felt such a mix of horror, stimulation and wonder while reading a novel”.

================================================== =

If any one can find "longer" texts, where the blurbs would have been from...

Excellent, thanks all, now we're cookin'!!

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Great with the blurbs, but I think Justin didn't include any because they're simply blurbs, not really pieces - however he does include the lengthy praise for The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, and I would personally include the one for The Shadow of the Wind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast