Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death by Lava Bath - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

9 50.00%
  • Wanna Know How I got These Scars - The Dark Knight (2008.)

11 61.11%
  • Sword vs Gun - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

14 77.78%
  • "Do you feel lucky?" - Dirty Harry (1971)

13 72.22%
  • Russian Roulette - The Deer Hunter (1978.)

13 72.22%
  • Rex Manning Day - Empire Records (1995)

2 11.11%
  • The "I Choose Us" Speech - The Family Man (2000)

5 27.78%
  • Needles to the eyes - Opera (1987)

4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 12 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 12 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Death by Lava Bath - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Wanna Know How I got These Scars - The Dark Knight (2008)

Sword vs Gun - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Do you feel lucky? - Dirty Harry (1971)

Russian Roulette - The Deer Hunter (1978)

Rex Manning Day - Empire Records (1995)

The "I Choose Us" Speech - The Family Man (2000)

Needles to the eyes – Opera (1987)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What, 30% for "I Choose Us" means 70% of people are heartless bastards!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I could say that about Rex Maning Day

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, it's not that I'm heartless, it's just that I prefer the other scenes more.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It appears as if most members here do not like Argento. That Opera scene seriously freaked me out the first time I saw it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I Choose Us tied for last, need at least one more

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I Choose Us tied for last, need at least one more
    I can help you there!

The "I choose us" scene is awesome and definitely deserves to move on to the next round. Vote cast!

Fuck Argento!

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Téa Leoni is a goddess

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It appears as if most members here do not like Argento. That Opera scene seriously freaked me out the first time I saw it.
    I love Argento. I could do a whole tournament just on his scenes alone.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Right! You can't deny that he's an amazing director. Visually, his films are so beautiful. And Opera is my personal favorite. I would encourage those that have not yet seen the film to check it out.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Sword vs Gun - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) 77.78%
    Do you feel lucky? - Dirty Harry (1971) 72.22%
    Russian Roulette - The Deer Hunter (1978) 72.22%
    Wanna Know How I got These Scars - The Dark Knight (2008) 61.11%
    Death by Lava Bath - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) 50.00%
    The "I Choose Us" Speech - The Family Man (2000) 27.78%

And the following are eliminated:

Needles to the eyes - Opera (1987) 22.22%
    Rex Manning Day - Empire Records (1995) 11.11%

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Right! You can't deny that he's an amazing director. Visually, his films are so beautiful. And Opera is my personal favorite. I would encourage those that have not yet seen the film to check it out.
    Opera is definitely one of his best. I also love The Three Mothers Trilogy, Tenebre, Phenomena, Deep Red, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage....actually all of them I can find something to love about. If anyone here is a newbie to Argento, once you get a taste for him, you'll want to see them all anyway.

And always make sure to get the uncut versions. Argento is one of the most edited directors I know of, lots of his flicks are edited for violence which kind of ruins the whole point.

I know I've said this before, and it's a weird thing to say but I know you'll understand it. The violence and death in his films are so beautiful. It's a shame that they would edit any of that down.

I know I've said this before, and it's a weird thing to say but I know you'll understand it. The violence and death in his films are so beautiful. It's a shame that they would edit any of that down.
    His death scenes are pure art. Nobody does death scenes like Argento.

+ Reply to Thread