Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 387 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Hello,

Not sure how many people are knowledgeable about the Stephen King Library (those faux red leather books) but I thought I would ask just in case (apologies if this is a noob question):

I've heard that the most valuable of the 37 red leather books are Secret Window and Storm of the Century. I have a copy of Storm of the Century in great condition. Not seeing it on Abebooks or Ebay so not sure where to value it. Is it over $100?

Thank you in advance!
    I sold a couple copies not too long ago of the red leather Storm of the Century for $45 and Secret Windows went for $60.

Hope this helps

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Hello,

Not sure how many people are knowledgeable about the Stephen King Library (those faux red leather books) but I thought I would ask just in case (apologies if this is a noob question):

I've heard that the most valuable of the 37 red leather books are Secret Window and Storm of the Century. I have a copy of Storm of the Century in great condition. Not seeing it on Abebooks or Ebay so not sure where to value it. Is it over $100?

Thank you in advance!
    I sold a couple copies not too long ago of the red leather Storm of the Century for $45 and Secret Windows went for $60.

Hope this helps

Mulleins
    Thank you, Mulleins. That is very helpful.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    $300
    Oops! I was thinking of a different book.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, any ideas on the value of a Christine Grant S/L?
    Grazie mille...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone any idea how much a F/F set of Viking Dark Tower reprints would go for?
    Talking about the 2003 books, 1st/1st editions.

Thanks!

sk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hi all, any ideas on the value of a Christine Grant S/L?
    Grazie mille...
    $750-$850
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

Thanks!

sk
    $175

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

Thanks!

sk
    $175
    I think more. $275+

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Just wondering since there seem to be a lot of these "special" editions. What value do you think there will be for a UK Sleeping Beauties S/L in "shipping damaged" condition? I may be selling mine.

Here is my damaged copy.

Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ouch!! I think that's the worse we've seen by far! I'd say you're due a total refund and whatever you can then sell it for.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure you could sell it at cost with that damage. I'd seek a refund.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Working on getting a refund. Was just wondering if it would be worth selling vs. returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Working on getting a refund. Was just wondering if it would be worth selling vs. returning.

You could ask for a partial refund and then start an auction at $99 and see where it goes?

Or maybe find a book repair shop and see if they can do anything.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post

You could ask for a partial refund and then start an auction at $99 and see where it goes?

Or maybe find a book repair shop and see if they can do anything.
    I have to wait and see what kind of response I get from Waterstones, but I like the idea of seeing if I can get it repaired. I may have to see what's available in my area. Thanks Becca.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had a look on ebay, but didn't notice anything recent; what are thoughts on the current value of CTCC anomaly edition?
    I saw a few on in a local store the other day. They had been remaindered with a black mark so they would be a bit lower in value, but still curious of current rate.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Had a look on ebay, but didn't notice anything recent; what are thoughts on the current value of CTCC anomaly edition?
    I saw a few on in a local store the other day. They had been remaindered with a black mark so they would be a bit lower in value, but still curious of current rate.

Are you talking about this one?

It shows a little spine damage. Recent eBay sales have been around $50.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If they have a remainder mark, they are worthless other than as reading copies for children.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that a remainder mark on a book would affect its stated condition and lower the value, but worthless seems a little harsh.
    Either way, I was just curious on CTCC and appreciate the thoughts.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not trying to be harsh, but it (remainder mark) takes a ~$40 book and makes it worth less than $10 IMO. Not sure what they are selling them for, but as stated, from a collectible perspective, they have no real value.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Are "review" copies worth any more. I have a review copy first ed for Firestarter. Some one said that a first ed first print may be as high as $125? That is more that I thought. I also have a review copy of Misery. They both have a pic of King and a copy of the review. Plus a flat signed Carrie. Don't have a pic of that one though. But I will put it up with my new S\L Skeleton Crew that I just got.

Thanks

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

This is a nice link that has some prices on some of the more expensive King books. They mentioned that a signed Carrie can be worth $7500. The article is only a year old. That can't be right.
    Can it.
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/collect...priciest-books

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    This is a nice link that has some prices on some of the more expensive King books. They mentioned that a signed Carrie can be worth $7500. The article is only a year old. That can't be right.
    Can it.
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/collect...priciest-books
    The prices are off (kind of like a bad version of "The Antique Road Show"). A First Edition signed Carrie (in v to f) is valued about $1900.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Mulleins

My Mood
    Cool

$7,500 did seem steep. But some of the others seemed closer. Who knows. I think your value of $1900 is closer to the truth. Thanks.
    Now I wonder if my review copies are worth more. Probably not. Oh well. The stuff is still cool to have. I also have a Nightshift, first ed that is inscribed but it has some inside cover damage. So I am sure that would lower the price.
    P.S is a first ed Fire starter really worth $125? What about a first ed Dead Zone.
    Thanks

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just for the record, I think your review copies look great.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just for the record, I think your review copies look great.
    Thanks. When I bought them from Stu, way back when, there was no mention of them being review copies. It's just that I have never seen them (review copies)before. I like the review sheet. I think it looks cool. My Dead Zone is a review copy as well but it only has the review card, not the review page itself .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 387 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 ... LastLast