Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks Bev, I missed that one. Will have to keep an eye out for them the next time I see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Since this is a Stephen King site I will put my two and a half cents in. My brother and I saw IT CHAPTER TWO in Dolby Atmos today. I liked Chapter One better. Two was very well done though cinematically, and the picture was sharp and colorful and crystal clear. I did NOT think it was too long. I did not find the explanations for Pennywise's actions clear enough. I enjoyed King's cameo, no wonder he's so rich! The seat shook nicely, and the theater was sparsely populated and smelled good being relatively new. I was never scared once, not even a little, although some of the scenes had a nice tenseness to them. Only one thing offended my sensibilities, but who cares? I will definitely buy the Blu-ray when released.

Over and out.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Spoilers!
    Early in the film, apparently. Did you catch the other cameos?
    Spoiler:
    Was it at the meeting with the new Ben? I saw King, and Peter Bogdanovich. What other ones were there?
    Spoiler:
    Yeah he was the blonde guy talking to him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I loved it. I think Bill Hader really made the movie. I had some gripes with plot stuff but they did what they had to do to squeeze this into just two movies

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else develop fucking epilepsy from the constant strobe lighting in the third act?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Spoilers!
    Spoiler:
    Was it at the meeting with the new Ben? I saw King, and Peter Bogdanovich. What other ones were there?
    Spoiler:
    Thanks, I thought he looked a little familiar.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoilers!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Thanks, I thought he looked a little familiar.
    I am confused
    Spoiler:
    1990s Ben was talking to whom?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
    I think he was the guy in the meeting that was talking to the new Ben on the computer.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Saw it last night - it was just meh for me.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts... I actually liked it better than part 1.

A few issues...

Spoiler:
    Henry Bowers felt like a non-entity and accomplished nothing (besides giving Eddie a moment to shine) to the point that having him dead in part 1 would have left no real effect on the plot.

The lack of Audra was also kind of annoying given that we missed out on "Bill's beat the devil" moment at the end.

The humor at times was too much. Having Richie joke is one thing, the puppy scene or having pop music play while the leper vomits on Eddie was unnecessary.

But...

I liked the adults. No real weak links as opposed to the miniseries. I also liked how they were able to bring the kids back for flashbacks which is something that might have helped with the miniseries.

The final confrontation with Spider-Pennywise was arguably the best of both worlds in at least capturing the feel of the book given how the battle of the minds would have been impossible to show on the screen.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw IT on Thursday evening, 8:45 PM showing. The theater was only 25% full - very surprised given this is a special theater that has a Fenway Part Green Monster sized screen. I took my daughter - she's a senior. We were both thoroughly entertained. Sure there are some weaknesses, overall IT was great. I still enjoyed part one better, but then I enjoyed reading about the kids better in the novel as well. No surprise there. I like some of the minor changes.

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Might go see IT tomorrow night.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The tepid reviews and the words "jokey" have me not wanting to see this. Seems like it was a no brainer that the movie would be excellent but I guess they spent more time trying to cast than writing a good script. But I still might see it, I'm just bummed. It's weird they are doing publicity a week after the movie comes out...I heard chud is pronounced "chood" in it, is that correct?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I heard chud is pronounced "chood" in it, is that correct?
    Yup, that's how it's supposed to be pronounced, too.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I heard chud is pronounced "chood" in it, is that correct?
    Yup, that's how it's supposed to be pronounced, too.
    Thanks! I would have never thought that.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Went to see It last night. I enjoyed it. It's nothing mindblowing though. There were some good parts and some bad parts. The one thing that I really did love was how well they matched the adult actors to the kids. They actually kinda looked how you would imagine the kids would look all grown up. I'll put the rest of my review in spoilers so please don't look until you've seen the film...

Spoilers!
    SPOILER

I have heard that. It's a really sad story. I can't believe they only served a few years.

Country
    Country Flag

The tepid reviews and the words "jokey" have me not wanting to see this. Seems like it was a no brainer that the movie would be excellent but I guess they spent more time trying to cast than writing a good script. But I still might see it, I'm just bummed. It's weird they are doing publicity a week after the movie comes out...I heard chud is pronounced "chood" in it, is that correct?
    For the most part it's not much more jokey than part one was. There are maybe two moments that I thought were too much.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

For the most part it's not much more jokey than part one was. There are maybe two moments that I thought were too much.
    The line about the mullet seemed very much out of context with the scene.

Country
    Country Flag

The line about the mullet seemed very much out of context with the scene.
    Spoiler:
    Henry Bowers in general was useless. They might as well have killed him off in part 1 for all he did.

The humor parts I felt that took me out was the whole dog gag and the music playing when the leper vomited on Eddie.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Spoiler:
    The humor parts I felt that took me out was the whole dog gag and the music playing when the leper vomited on Eddie.
    Agreed, especially the latter. I have no idea where that came from or what it was supposed to imply.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Maybe so -- I missed it, too. Andy Muschietti is hanging around in the pharmacy when adult Eddie is talking to the pharmacist. The guy who played Adrian Mellon is a famous Canadian director/personality/celeb. Don't know if that qualifies as a cameo.
    Barbara Muschietti also has a cameo
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This movie missed pretty big time for me. The humor didn’t land and was very poorly timed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast