Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 332 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I finally came up with a way of displaying my Locke & Hill keys. The shadow box is 8 x 10". I even took the time to spray paint the pins black (Hobby Lobby had no black pins) so they wouldn't stand out. I'm fairly pleased. I just can't buy anymore keys now!

That's very cool! Nice!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That looks great! Much better than the cardboard box where mine are stored.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Sentinel and Patrick!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Ed Brubaker fans? I was just reading Criminal and the story arc The Sinners Part 1 has a crooked cop that hangs out in strip clubs and whorehouses and basically is in the strip for about 5 pages before he gets killed - the funny thing is the cop is named Hill, Joe Hill. And the first picture of him bears a striking resemblance to Joe too - wearing his glasses. Anyway - was interested if anyone had any thoughts on this. I get Ed's newsletters and he invites questions - and answers them eventually. So I posed this question to him - and if I get any response I will add it here as well.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Gauntlet Press' newsletter today...

NOTHING O'CLOCK by Neil Gaiman

BREAKING NEWS! We have exciting news on our collaboration with Borderlands Press for Neil Gaiman’s NOTHING O’CLOCK, a Dr. Who novella. Joe Hill, apparently a big fan of Dr. Who, and Brian Keene will be signing the lettered edition and providing an introduction/afterword. We have increased the price for the lettered edition and expect it to sell out. As always, those customers who pre-ordered the lettered edition will NOT have to pay a penny more. There is no need for those who pre-ordered to contact us (unless you’d like a second copy at the new price), as you are already guaranteed the copy you pre-ordered. We will also have a 125-copy Deluxe Numbered Edition of the book signed by Gaiman and Joe Hill. This is a new edition we did not have listed on our website. It’s there now for you to order. We expect this edition to sell out quickly, as well.

https://www.gauntletpress.com/product/nothing-oclock/
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

He signs so much I just have no clue what to collect

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    LOL That is one of the reasons I don't collect any of his work... that and I have no more space. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, I picked up the book when it was announced because I'm a big Dr. Who fan. I don't think I'd pick it up just for the Joe Hill introduction and signature though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, he was just added to the Boston Comic Con lineup.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    From Gauntlet Press' newsletter today...

NOTHING O'CLOCK by Neil Gaiman

BREAKING NEWS! We have exciting news on our collaboration with Borderlands Press for Neil Gaiman’s NOTHING O’CLOCK, a Dr. Who novella. Joe Hill, apparently a big fan of Dr. Who, and Brian Keene will be signing the lettered edition and providing an introduction/afterword. We have increased the price for the lettered edition and expect it to sell out. As always, those customers who pre-ordered the lettered edition will NOT have to pay a penny more. There is no need for those who pre-ordered to contact us (unless you’d like a second copy at the new price), as you are already guaranteed the copy you pre-ordered. We will also have a 125-copy Deluxe Numbered Edition of the book signed by Gaiman and Joe Hill. This is a new edition we did not have listed on our website. It’s there now for you to order. We expect this edition to sell out quickly, as well.

https://www.gauntletpress.com/product/nothing-oclock/
    Not paying an extra $150 for Joe's signature. I'll take the regular Neil signed edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    LOL That is one of the reasons I don't collect any of his work... that and I have no more space. lol
    That's exactly the reason I collect him. Plus I like his work.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if Joe will sign a Creepshow poster or does that "irritate" him?
    I've only met him once and had The Fireman signed at that time. He'll be at Boston Comic Con in August and I'd like to get a Creepshow print signed. I have all the S/L's out there plus a bunch of other signed stuff from Water Street. I don't need a book signed. But I also don't want to piss him off. Lol

P.S. Ditto Brian

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Does anyone know if Joe will sign a Creepshow poster or does that "irritate" him?
    I've only met him once and had The Fireman signed at that time. He'll be at Boston Comic Con in August and I'd like to get a Creepshow print signed. I have all the S/L's out there plus a bunch of other signed stuff from Water Street. I don't need a book signed. But I also don't want to piss him off. Lol

P.S. Ditto Brian
    I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't met the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

P.S. Ditto Brian
    Can't speak to the poster but I had him sign the Creepshow DVD the last time I saw him and he had no issue signing it. He does not sign it as Joe Hill though. The signature is his full initials JHK.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

P.S. Ditto Brian
    I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't meant the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.
    The last time I saw him someone had brought a copy of one of his mom's paperbacks to sign. He declined saying his mom would kill him. He also declined to sign a sound of music Vinyl soundtrack. He was kind about.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to figure out if my Tales from the Darkside script book is a first/first. On the copyright page it says, "19 18 17 16 1 2 3 4". The number line is throwing me off (I was expecting something like "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1".

Thoughts? I'm not even sure if there was more than one printing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's the first printing.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if my Tales from the Darkside script book is a first/first. On the copyright page it says, "19 18 17 16 1 2 3 4". The number line is throwing me off (I was expecting something like "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1".

The left hand numbers represent the years 2019-2016

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Thanks, Bev. Was curious what those left side numbers represented.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! I suspected I had the first (I bought it when it came out) but didn't know how to tell.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Not disputing that at all as I have no knowledge r.e. this publisher and the manner in which they indicate printings, but I am curious why a publisher would indicate 2018 and 2019 when they've yet to occur...I've never seen that before, copyrighting/indicating a year that's yet to happen.

I have seen 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 (and similar) which is still a first printing because of the presence of the "1"...but the 10 and 8 and etc. really have no true relevance in the scheme of things.

I have seen this: 75 76 77 78 79 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2...this number line below identifies a second printing printed in 1975. But obviously yours isn't a 4th printing from 2019, so...?

Publishers sure keep things interesting for us collectors, don't they? ;-)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Not disputing that at all as I have no knowledge r.e. this publisher and the manner in which they indicate printings, but I am curious why a publisher would indicate 2018 and 2019 when they've yet to occur...I've never seen that before, copyrighting/indicating a year that's yet to happen.

I have seen 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 (and similar) which is still a first printing because of the presence of the "1"...but the 10 and 8 and etc. really have no true relevance in the scheme of things.

I have seen this: 75 76 77 78 79 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2...this number line below identifies a second printing printed in 1975. But obviously yours isn't a 4th printing from 2019, so...?

Numberlines, or Printer's keys, came into being as a way to standardize identification of the number of printings.

Publishers can use a numberline or not, and they can do so however they like, so there really is no standard, but it was worse before.

Most use the numbers 1-10 in some arrangement. Some include dates.

They could, of course, just print the number "1" or "9" to represent the first or ninth printing. The reason they do it this way is that the page setup for the printer only requires the removal of one number. That is the easiest and cheapest way to do it by far.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

And that number line is pretty much SOP from what I've seen from IDW.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

P.S. Ditto Brian
    I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't met the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.
    Yeah, I don't think he would be rude. Especially after people asking him to sign the book and one of his Mom's books? At least he was actually IN the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

P.S. Ditto Brian
    Can't speak to the poster but I had him sign the Creepshow DVD the last time I saw him and he had no issue signing it. He does not sign it as Joe Hill though. The signature is his full initials JHK.
    Thank you! I think I'll give it a shot and I would love a different signature with his real last name. That would be cool. BCC isn't until August so I'll let ya'll know what happens :-D

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A while back I was able to attend a signing Joe did to promote HORNS. When it was my turn in line I asked if he would mind signing my copy with his full name. He just smiled and said he would rather not because (Joe Hill) was his full name.
    Would be kinda cool to have a JHK signature; hope you have better luck.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 332 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 ... LastLast