Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Mist miniseries

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed the authority figures are mostly portrayed as bad guys or cowards on the show so far. Or at least dubious characters. The cops, military, priest, mall security etc. While the teachers, writers, old folks are the good guys. My spidey senses are sensing a Hollywood political undertone. How long before we get the child or elderly black person with ESP who saves the world?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was told that it would in august as well for France, but didn't get any news since 2 months or so...
    @Bev : would you happen to know? If not, I'd may ask my contact again
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I was told that it would in august as well for France, but didn't get any news since 2 months or so...
    I don't know anything about other markets. I saw articles from the U.K. and Canada that gave this information.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't know anything about other markets. I saw articles from the U.K. and Canada that gave this information.
    And it will be the same for France ;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

The latest episode was far better than the previous two. Not fantastic, great, good, but just better. It picks up the speed and there's a few creepy scenes and a nice cliffhanger. At least for me. They do, however, need to show more and more of what the mist is and is capable of. Okay, so it's not the type of monsters as in the novella/movie version, it's nature being...hmmm...unnatural. I will continue to watch but if they go back to the boring drama that episode 5 was, then I'm out. I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...that's what Haven (and in some ways) Under the Dome turned out to be.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    The latest episode was far better than the previous two. Not fantastic, great, good, but just better. It picks up the speed and there's a few creepy scenes and a nice cliffhanger. At least for me. They do, however, need to show more and more of what the mist is and is capable of. Okay, so it's not the type of monsters as in the novella/movie version, it's nature being...hmmm...unnatural. I will continue to watch but if they go back to the boring drama that episode 5 was, then I'm out. I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...that's what Haven (and in some ways) Under the Dome turned out to be.

I dunno. I'm really not digging the way they seem to be going with the writing. BTW, they could really use some "writers" IMHO!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I'm not overtly happy either, but have come to terms that they are going to do with it whatever they want and I can't stop them I hope that they will surprise us with some nasty, dramatic collisions among the people in the mall and in the church. It's definitely building up to that. That's where the novella and movie version succeeds so well. But there's no real threat from the mist in this show (except it playing games with people's minds) and it's not a smart move to keep it so much in the distance. The ending of this latest episode reminded me just a tad of John Carpenter's The Fog and it gave me a slight chill...maybe just because I love that movie so much. If this show becomes a horrible mess (some think it already is), then at least we will soon have Mr. Mercedes, It and The Dark Tower to make up for it, at least what King adaptations are concerned. I long for something good and I think these three will deliver, especially Mr. Mercedes and It

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...
    I'd say that's pretty much what the whole season has been. I have remained with it because it hasn't sunk to UTD-like lows, I like Kevin (as a character; I get something other than soap opera from him), and I continue to feel like something truly interesting might be around the corner (I spent all of season 2 of Wayward Pines suffering that experience). Anyway, 7 episodes in, I shouldn't still be waiting for certain things to happen (and no, I don't count

Spoiler:
    the mass of slugs

as a payoff.

Still, I'm far enough in now that I'll finish the season no matter how bad it gets.

Did anyone else think that the scene in which

Spoiler:
    Mia saw her mother and the phrase "welcome home, baby doll" written on the wall

...had a very "I'm going to try to write something like SK himself would write!" feel to it? A bit clumsy; not great.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I noticed the authority figures are mostly portrayed as bad guys or cowards on the show so far. Or at least dubious characters. The cops, military, priest, mall security etc. While the teachers, writers, old folks are the good guys. My spidey senses are sensing a Hollywood political undertone. How long before we get the child or elderly black person with ESP who saves the world?
    Some fiction (definitely including SK himself, many times) definitely proceeds from an "if we had no generals, we'd have no wars" basis.

I don't know about message (intentional or otherwise) in this case, but I do think writers/filmmakers often have an ax to grind. The thing is, the same type of thing, if done well, can be a meaningful (and apolitical) examination of the limits of human organization: given a large enough crisis, every structure of authority fails, contingencies that can't be planned for arise, the best (so to speak) among us are revealed as being human after all - and doesn't that sound better than just repeating the intellectually vacant "everyone who pulls me over or wanted to wear a badge in the first place is a Nazi" viewpoint?

Not that I see anything this high-falutin' or complex in this incarnation of The Mist, but then, I haven't really had my mind on it (I could write a thesis on the things I see in Salem's Lot, however). In The Mist, I just see a bunch of people who are understandably in over their heads - I mean, who goes to work expecting the apocalypse? Well, maybe Father Romanov, but then that's why he's one of the few who just gets to work processing events through his very definite worldview.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't see THAT coming!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Didn't see THAT coming!
    You mean about
    Spoiler:
    the rapist
    ? I guessed that in the first episode.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't see THAT coming!
    You mean about
    Spoiler:
    the rapist

That too, kinda...

Spoiler:

I always knew the cute preppy guy didn't do it, not really sure who did. But didn't see the psycho side of the gay kid.

I didn't see the old lady in the church turning out to be the evil bitch she is now. I was always afraid of the Xian fanatics, not the old hippie. Turns out she is just stone cold evil.

Glad the bitch in the mall got it but now they'll go after the mom thanks to the chicken-shit mall manager guy.

That too, kinda...

Spoiler:

I always knew the cute preppy guy didn't do it, not really sure who did. But didn't see the psycho side of the gay kid.

I didn't see the old lady in the church turning out to be the evil bitch she is now. I was always afraid of the Xian fanatics, not the old hippie. Turns out she is just stone cold evil.

Glad the bitch in the mall got it but now they'll go after the mom thanks to the chicken-shit mall manager guy.
    I've seen next week's episode -- one character does something truly evil, and I'm not sure I bought it. But everyone is headed for the mall, so the finale should be interesting.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I may as well stick around for the finale, but I am disappointed so far...........
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stopped watching. My time is valuable and this show is not
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't see THAT coming!

You mean about
    Spoiler:
    the rapist

That too, kinda...

Spoiler:

[/quote]

xcxwcxc

Frankly, those 2 things were obvious from episod 1...
    Spoiler:
    the rapist is very likely her "gay" friend"]

The finale has a lot of stuff going on, including a couple of WTF moments, but all in all I thought it was good. They're straying a bit into Walking Dead territory, perhaps, but I'll probably come back for Season 2 if it is renewed.

According to Bloody Disgusting, Netflix will stream the first season starting this Friday, the day after the finale.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but this series is sooo bad... I feel pain watching it!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I have all the episodes recorded on my DVR. I watched the first 10 - 15 minutes of episode 1 when it premiered but didn't have time to finish it. Now after reading the comments here, I'm almost scared to watch the rest of it.

I remember struggling through Under the Dome mostly out of morbid curiosity as well as being a bit of a completionist. So I know if I start watching this show, I'll absolutely have to finish it. Even if it's really bad.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not abysmal in that it's unwatchable, but it does leave a lot to be desired. Especially with the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring. It's currently my show when I want to watch something that doesn't require much thought. It's definitely popcorn entertainment.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's not abysmal in that it's unwatchable, but it does leave a lot to be desired. Especially with the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring. It's currently my show when I want to watch something that doesn't require much thought. It's definitely popcorn entertainment.

Exactly. They had so much more to work with in the source material and then they just went off the tracks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the finale. The really need to get their mythology ducks in a row. One minute you can't go into the mist because it'll wrap itself around you and slink down your throat, and the next you can safely spend hours walking around outside in it. Seriously?

Also, am I right in inferring that
    Spoiler:
    Nathalie's dead husband giving her a baby was the mist's way of "claiming" her?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I felt that the actress playing the daughter was pretty good in the first two (or three) episodes, but when confronted by that monster in the recent episode, she didn't seem scared out of her wits and her behavior was off. Maybe it's intentional, since it's a mystery why she was spared. Still like it mucho, mucho better than UTD but I hope the pacing and some of the performances gets better. I don't mind the mystery of the mist, though
    My take on that scene was that she just gave up. She'd been through a lot by then. Just when she has dug herself out of her put off self pity by taking that little girl under her wing, this go tragically wrong and the little girl doies rather horribly. So shes numb with shock (akin to the true shell-shock soldiers suffer in war) and despair and when they are threatened by the mist beast, she just let's go.

Ironically I think her emotional state (or actually her lack of emotions) might have saved her life. She just wasn't a tasty morsel at that point.

I just finished the series recently. It's rather different from the novella, and it's doing its own thing with the mist, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some interesting character twists. It has its issues*, but I look forward to series two.

Spoiler:
    I thought the part where Mrs Raven and those of her disciples who decided to leave the church and burn it down with the remaining congregation remaining inside was rather out of character and seemed to thus be shock for shocking sake. She is traumatised and has lost herself in a strange religious mania, and but I didn't t really see her as needlessly cruel or evil at heart. Even if she is so insane as to do that, her followers were not that far gone.

Yeah, I had a problem with that, too--and then with what the sheriff did after they left, in the sewers.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I had a problem with that, too--and then with what the sheriff did after they left, in the sewers.
    I agree.
    Spoiler:
    Actually that Sheriff seemed all over the place, morally speaking. I understand he was introduced as a bit ambiguous from the start (which is fine. Such characters can be very interesting,) but the extremity was a bit much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast