Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

H & S just announced a UK S/L of Sleeping Beauties signed by Stephen and Owen King! Limited to 250 copies! LINK

Details:

Dear Reader,

Today marks the 70th birthday of an author who has steered our popular culture like no other: Stephen King. From his 1974 debut Carrie to The Dark Tower and the current media frenzy surrounding his creation IT, we live in the world Stephen King has made.

Almost 70 novels and short-story collections on, if anything King is proving even more prolific. Hot on the heels of the recent End of Watch and Gwendy's Button Box, next Tuesday sees the publication of Sleeping Beauties, the master’s first collaboration with his son Owen King.

Sleeping Beauties Exclusive Edition
    Pre-Order

To celebrate Stephen King in his 70th year, we offer Sleeping Beauties in both its standard edition, yours to pre-order at Half Price and something else very special. Absolutely exclusive to Waterstones, we present our beautiful, limited edition of Sleeping Beauties, signed by both Stephen King and Owen King.

Available now to pre-order, only 250 copies of this gorgeous volume are available worldwide, in an edition that features deluxe binding, slipcase and coloured endpapers.

Sleeping Beauties is a tale typical of King’s daring. Across the planet, women succumb to a strange, viral slumber, the remaining men turning almost primal in their absence. One woman, however – the mysterious Evie – seems immune, but is she the world’s saviour, or the world’s end?

Raise a glass, if you will, to one of literature’s true icons, a writer who so often captures the ordinary and drills down to what makes us most genuinely afraid. As Walter Mosley so memorably said, “he knows fear.”

Happy Birthday, Stephen King.

With all best wishes,

Your friends at Waterstones
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks Simon, you have just contributed to me doing my best to max out my VISA card. But my order went through!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just bagged myself a copy!

You sir, have rep points in the bank for posting this! You're a STAR!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stroppygoblin again.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah he got some from me to Tim! I got a copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy ordered as well - thanks all (and becca )
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Simon, just picked one up, surprised they weren't sold out already!

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Going to stick with my CD signed limited, but thanks for the info!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have to keep my collection of UK S/L editions going - ordered!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well... what a hell... I got myself one!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Thanks Simon, just picked one up, surprised they weren't sold out already!
    HAVE TO LOVE THIS SITE and members who share with one another... THANKS Simon and friends who shared the alert. My order went through as well.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered a copy a few minutes ago. And also a copy of the signed U.K. edition of Artemis by Andy Weir.

Thank you for the heads up!

- Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Simon My order went through as well.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon....I want to echo what many others have already said....thank you for this!

Now, here is your next job....can you please talk to the fine folks at Waterstones, and make sure they actually do some decent packaging this time?

I am having Under The Dome flashbacks as I write this.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Simon....I want to echo what many others have already said....thank you for this!

Now, here is your next job....can you please talk to the fine folks at Waterstones, and make sure they actually do some decent packaging this time?

I am also very concerned about this!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Simon! Concerned as well. Especially how Charlie the Choo Choo arrived to some folks.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads-up. Order went through, although I'm surprised they still have some.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Don´t know why, i again have problems to order from Waterstones .....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

I am also very concerned about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks, Simon! Concerned as well. Especially how Charlie the Choo Choo arrived to some folks.
    Hey, I don't even trust them to deliver to me in the UK. I'm picking mine up from the Store (along with what seems like about a hundred First editions... )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also good to see people are still getting their orders in, I wish I could help Frank, but its 1 per customer

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked and there is a link for questions and feedback to Waterstones. My advice would be for everyone who has ordered this book to use this link and specifically request the book is packaged well, stating the UTD and CTCC problems that have occurred in the past. If they get repeated comments, they might do something about it.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still available as of 5 mins ago

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Doesn't surprise me actually - I think it's pretty overpriced for what it is.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Looks nice and hope to own one someday, just not in the cards for a while to be able to buy these beautiful editions.
    ~Jonathan

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Doesn't surprise me actually - I think it's pretty overpriced for what it is.
    I agree. They're usually quite plain. But I got one any way

Thanks Simon!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hey, I don't even trust them to deliver to me in the UK. I'm picking mine up from the Store (along with what seems like about a hundred First editions... )
    We cut to a scene where we find Simon driving a large unmarked panel truck. As he passes a pair of Coppers sitting in their vehicle; the rookie turns towards his Sgt. and states, "Hey, Sgt. That large panel truck looks very suspicious". The Sgt. leans forward to look past the young cop and spies Simon in the driver's seat. The Sgt. then tells the rookie, "Not at all. That's just Simon on his way to Waterstones to pick up the latest King book for all those bloody Yanks!" The Sgt. rolls his eyes and whispers under his breath, "Rookies."
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast