Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 332 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    That would be cool if I could send it to him. I would have no problem with that! Any info if he does that still would be welcomed.
    I hope to have that answer for you shortly.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Oh!

*crosses fingers*

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    That would be cool if I could send it to him. I would have no problem with that! Any info if he does that still would be welcomed.
    I hope to have that answer for you shortly.

OK, I'd be interested as well :-)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

he he he I should be getting stuff from him soon! Can't wait!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the response I received:

Hello, Jerome.

If you send a package to Joe with the return postage pre-paid, Joe will certainly sign your books. If the books are to have a specific name in the inscription be sure to include a slip of paper that says so for Joe to see.

The only thing I need to say beyond that is -- please be patient with the return of your books, as Joe will absolutely sign them, there's no guarantee that he'll be able to do so the day they arrive. I'm sure you can appreciate that -- though, he'll surely get to them as fast as he can.

OK, with that said... here's the address:

Joe Hill
    PMB #218
    20 Portsmouth Ave.
    Stratham, NH 03885

-Shane
    Good luck.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great guy!

I need to buy another one and do that.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Thanks Jerome!

*does the funky dance*

I'll be sending mine in!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Maybe this one -- check out the most recent feedback. S/he is currently listing several copies of Voluntary Commital.
    Ah, yes! That seller has a quite a colorful and creative history of offerings if I recall previous discussions from another (and perhaps this) site correctly.
    Does anyone else feel (because I do) that these forgeries are really affecting the price of the VC chapbooks?
    i definitely think it effects the price... because the number of buyers trusting the ebay auctions is decreased.... thus the demand has decreased...hence lower prices.
    i gotta say that joe kind of invites this since he prints his signature rather than signing it (cursive)... printed text is much easier to forge. as more and more of his stuff is forged, i see only the numbered signed limited editions with actual signature pages bound in as holding/increasing in price.
    i value the the items that i have personalized to me... but i plan on only buying true limited editions in the future (for my collection).
    note that every "forged' book that kickbuttbooks has sold has gone to some other person who believes the sig is real. the sigs KBB have look pretty darn good... so when these second parties get ready to sell them...not knowing they are forged... many others will be buying them (we only know kissmybuttbooks are forged because of the number that he sells...not because the sig is evidently forged). so unless we got it ourselves at a signing...or it's not a signed limited edition, how are we to know what is or isn't real out there now.

all mine are real... but how could i prove that if i decided to sell them in the future? i couldn't. except for the limiteds.

i sure wish joe would decide to actually "sign" the books rather than print his name.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that RF. I think I'll send off that copy of The Saved.
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info :-)

From now on, i bet he will recieve some books lol!

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

how are we to know what is or isn't real out there now.

I think you would have to follow the same rule as any other sig, if you know the seller or its a S/L then your good. Would you buy a SK signed book without knowing its 100% legit. As far as the market value, I think a legit sig will only increase in value due to its authenticity. IMO.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for checking in with Shane on that for us, Jerome.

On the issue of authenticating Joe's signature, I believe the best you can do (aside from buying S/Ls) is either get it yourself or buy from someone you already know and trust. For me that would mean you guys around here.

Terry brings up a good point that if you go to sell on eBay down the road, the average buyer probably won't distinguish between your book and someone else's in terms of validity. Therefore I don't see much point in collecting non-S/L Joe sigs beyond a copy or two for your own collection that you plan to keep, and whatever you need for your friends around here at TDT.com.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There can be some provenance established for signed items, Flyers for the event, receipt for buying the book from the venue with correct date and time, photos of each book being signed, and inscribed books, particularly those with an art doodle lend credence to a signature.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Those things can only help, no matter who the author may be.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

I just sent my book to Mr. Hill this morning. Than you again for getting that address RF!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

going to be posting a signed Hill book in DTbay soon...check it out...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

*cries*

My Mood
    Lurking

posted...I will put the pic in here...

sorry it's sideways, don't know how to rotate on this computer....

And, I just realized that it's dated 2007 instead of 2008!!! LOL The book wasn't even out then...

If I had the money it would have already been sold.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would buy it if I didn't already have a signed copy of that one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

And, I just realized that it's dated 2007 instead of 2008!!! LOL The book wasn't even out then...
    Got link?

My Mood
    Lurking

Got link?
    It was there yesterday!!! WTF!!!!! Hold on

Ok, It showed it there when I did the edit, but I think it's back again...if not, here's the link
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7...hill775di4.jpg
    Last edited by Nerak; 02-01-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: stupid computer/internet

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Got link?
    It was there yesterday!!! WTF!!!!! Hold on

Ok, It showed it there when I did the edit, but I think it's back again...if not, here's the link
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7...hill775di4.jpg

The sideways picture is perfect. That's how everything looks to me before coffee.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Lurking

LOL If it doesn't sell on here....I am mailing it to you, so hold onto the sideways picture! HE HE

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

... don't know how to rotate on this computer....
    Too Funny!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 332 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast