Thread: General Music Discussion

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    I know all Dylan by heart!

(well, all 60s-70s-early 80s Dylan, to be precise)

(and it's so wonderful - and rapidly getting so rare - to see him recognized)
    jean - i don't know nearly enough of his songs but the ones i do know are beautiful, i've never run across one i don't like. he's really an amazing musician. i used to have a huge collection but they were all on the computer that attempted suicide, now i have next to nothing. i'd love to get back even half of what i've lost.
    Oh! Just tell me what are the albums you had

if you don't mind having just MP3 instead of real albums, I believe we can make up for your loss very soon!
    i didn't have many albums, or they weren't seperated into albums although i'm sure i had plenty of complete ones. nearly everything i had was stuff i downloaded. the only album i can say for sure i had everything from was dylan and the dead. i miss that one. and i miss one more cup of coffee, that song was awesome.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok! PM me your email, and I'll just be sending you stuff according to my own understanding of good and bad...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruki
    he's really an amazing musician.
    I'd agree he's a brilliant musician and one of the best songwriters ever however he shouldn't sing his own songs. Just personal opinion!
    i really like his voice and the way he sings, it's very unique.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ok! PM me your email, and I'll just be sending you stuff according to my own understanding of good and bad...
    dylan = good

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice... try to imagine, say, A Simple Twist Of Fate sung in a conventional baritone...

Country
    Country Flag

bah, i just realized that this really shoulda been moved to some other thread. it's not exactly a 2007 kinda conversation. oops.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

done!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice... try to imagine, say, A Simple Twist Of Fate sung in a conventional baritone...

I have heard that....I suppose it's all aestetics though...his voice just kinda' bothers me...I can listen to him in small doses.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    i really like his voice and the way he sings, it's very unique.

...and nasally.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ...and nasally.
    yes, and he pulls it off beautifully
    it's not just his voice i'm talking about though, there's just something cool about his pronounciation and the way he times his words ... i don't know how to say it so i won't make any sense.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

it's not just his voice i'm talking about though, there's just something cool about his pronounciation and the way he times his words ... i don't know how to say it so i won't make any sense.
    Nah, it makes sense. He kind of gets a way with the nasally "singing" because he has a damn good sense of poetry, and rhythym.

yes, and he pulls it off beautifully

...and this is why we have the expression 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

i'll admit it did take some getting used to, i wasn't drawn to his music by his voice and i didn't like him much when i was younger but it didn't take me long to begin thinking that he's actually quite a good singer, just very different.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Ruki, I think he's an amazing singer, it just takes some getting used to.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I have heard that....I suppose it's all aestetics though...his voice just kinda' bothers me...I can listen to him in small doses.
    it's like, you know... smoking

::nostalgic sigh::

smokers will understand

your first cigarette tasted awful... and then you started liking the process... and then you were hooked

Country
    Country Flag

that's a great way to say it

brice, you're outnumbered so far. if you don't start liking dylan we're gonna hold you down and tickle you all afternoon.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

smokers will understand

your first cigarette tasted awful... and then you started liking the process... and then you were hooked
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

(I really couldn't)

John F. Kennedy That Joking White Guy is on a distinguished road That Joking White Guy's Avatar

As far as music goes, Elliott Smith, none better.

I mention him all the time, I actually got punched yesterday by friends for suggesting him to a guy I know.
    “As I never tire of saying, heat is not the antithesis of light but rather the source of it.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

that's a great way to say it

brice, you're outnumbered so far. if you don't start liking dylan we're gonna hold you down and tickle you all afternoon.
    Brice, you can throw my indifference in with your dislike of Dylan and we will stand against the world together.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by That Joking White Guy
    As far as music goes, Elliott Smith, none better.
    i don't know if i've ever heard of him. could you name a song or two i might recognize?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

His song is on the Keiser Premente commercial.

with the guy, that needs to exercise more?

"thrive"
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Jean, do you have Dylan doing Black Jack Davey?

John F. Kennedy That Joking White Guy is on a distinguished road That Joking White Guy's Avatar

Ruki,

Have you ever seen "Good Will Hunting", he supplies some of the songs for the soundtrack. "Miss Misery" and "Between The Bars", both are great songs.

One of his songs was also in "The Royal Tenenbaums". The song plays in the scene where Luke Wilson's character attempts suicide, that song is "Needle In The Hay" .

If you have limewire or a similar file sharing program I would suggest getting the songs I already put up and
    *True Love
    *The White Lady Loves You More
    *Roman Candle
    *Waltz Number #2
    and really most of his songs. Don't trust my judgment though, I'm a big fan so I'm biased.
    “As I never tire of saying, heat is not the antithesis of light but rather the source of it.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Brice, you can throw my indifference in with your dislike of Dylan and we will stand against the world together.
    *stands bravely in defiance of the Dylan lovers*

If you rescue me

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This discussion reminds me of a skit on Saturday Night Live where David Spade is dressed up as Tom Petty and someone else (I can't remember who) is dressed as Bob Dylan. They are talking to each other and you can't understand a word either is saying.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

smokers will understand

I am a smoker. I have been smoking 2 plus packs for about nineteen years.

I do have a mild appreciation for some of his stuff but, as I said before I can only listen to him in small doses. As I also said before though he's one of the most brilliant damn songwriters ever.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast