Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well.. did you guys like the look of Spiderman? I was on the fence... have to look again....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I love it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I like it. Looks like they aren't done with the CGI yet though. His movement / appearance still looked a bit animated, but the Marvel movies where always a bit heavy on the CGI.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way cool, just found a hi-res pic of Spider-Man from the trailer:

The forum page will resize it so click here to see it in full.

I'm really loving the old school look.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love if they found a way to incorporate the Iron Spider suit in the MCU somehow

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Give 'em time. I'm sure they will.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Civil War currently sits at 100% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Civil War currently sits at 100% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Seen that.. 15 reviews when I seen it this am
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Seems unlikely. Fox / Marvel have been completely unwilling to work together in the past, I don't know why that would change now. More likely than not I think we'll see Fantastic 4 go back to Marvel and Fox get toy rights or something along those lines with X-Men in exchange.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Never say never, but at this point in time it seems highly unlikely Fox will partner with Marvel.

Sony did so because of its ailing Spider Man dollar figures. Fox has no such urgency, their X-Men films do very well financially.

We can dream though..

Honestly, even when they weren't doing well / there weren't movies coming out Fox had no intention of letting it go. The potential is just too great. Plus with Star Wars going to Disney Fox needs to hold onto X-Men. Personally I don't really know that I want X-Men to go back to Marvel. I feel like it's too late to work them in properly without rebooting the whole MCU. Plus this way we get more movies. Marvel's 2 to 3 movies a year, Fox's one to two, plus DC's 2 movies. It's a great time to be a comic book movie fan.

Country
    Country Flag

I do think the X-Men stay put but the Fantastic Four are more than likely to go.

Yea I just don't see Fox have what it takes to make that movie right, and I don't think they're willing to to take the hit on another failed movie.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To Infinity and Beyond??????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In the wake up of Civil War, I think I need to update my top 5...

1. The Avengers
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Iron Man
    4. Civil War
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my quick and dirty overall ranking of all 13 MCU movies to date. Last place is still pretty good, mind.
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy
    3. Ant-Man
    4. The Avengers
    5. Thor: The Dark World
    6. Captain America: The First Avenger
    7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    8. Iron Man
    9. Thor
    10. Iron Man 3
    11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    12. The Incredible Hulk
    13. Iron Man 2

Civil War is definitely the best Marvel movie to date. The airport scene was absolutely bonkers and full of nerdgasm. The newly introduced characters added a lot, but with a couple of caveats. Spider-Man's introduction felt a bit shoehorned in, kinda out of left field. Felt like we were suddenly in a proper Spider-Man movie. But as someone who's not a Spider-Man fan, I loved it. They nailed it, it was super funny. Black Panther was good, but again, felt somewhat out of place. I really liked the introduction, though. The standout character was Ant-Man, no doubt. With so many characters in play it was hard to choose one, and he's not in it for long, but man oh man...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Iron Man
    2. The Avengers
    3. Doctor Strange
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Winter Soldier
    6. Thor: Ragnarok
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    8. Iron Man 2
    9. Civil War
    10. Ant-Man
    11. Spider-Man Homecoming
    12. Age of Ultron
    13. Captain America, First
    14.Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 3
    16. Thor: The Dark World
    17. Thor
    Last edited by pathoftheturtle; 11-06-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Good call with an updated list. Mine certainly has changed a little bit since I wrote it just after Age of Ultron. I loved Civil War, and think it's a great movie. Personally it's not as good as Guardians or Winter Soldier though. Guardians is just a whole boat load of sci-fi fun, and Winter Soldier is a near perfect spy thriller. Civil War is great, but I don't think it works as well without the context of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron.

It's definitely something for me that 2 of my top 5 have Captain America in the title.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Captain America: Civil War
    4. Avengers
    5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    6. Iron Man
    7. Thor
    8. Ant-Man
    9. Thor: The Dark World
    10. Captain America: The First Avenger
    11. The Incredible Hulk
    12. Iron Man 2
    13. Iron Man 3

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Here's my quick and dirty overall ranking of all 13 MCU movies to date. Last place is still pretty good, mind.
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    3. Ant-Man
    4. The Avengers
    5. Thor: The Dark World
    6. Captain America: The First Avenger
    7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    8. Iron Man
    9. Thor
    10. Iron Man 3
    11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    12. The Incredible Hulk
    13. Iron Man 2

Civil War is definitely the best Marvel movie to date. The airport scene was absolutely bonkers and full of nerdgasm. The newly introduced characters added a lot, but with a couple of caveats. Spider-Man's introduction felt a bit shoehorned in, kinda out of left field. Felt like we were suddenly in a proper Spider-Man movie. But as someone who's not a Spider-Man fan, I loved it. They nailed it, it was super funny. Black Panther was good, but again, felt somewhat out of place. I really liked the introduction, though. The standout character was Ant-Man, no doubt. With so many characters in play it was hard to choose one, and he's not in it for long, but man oh man...
    I also really liked the addition of Spider-Man and how he was portrayed, but you are right it felt shoe horned in (probably because it was). Black Panther on the other hand I thought fit perfectly, if anything I wish that had given the character a little more room to breath in the movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Iron Man 3 is at the bottom of my list. I could go on forever about why that film sucked.

Thor: The Dark World came off an assembly line. There isn't a single stamp of authenticity in that whole movie. It was probably directed by a computer. The very picture of uninspiring. Lifeless.

I agree that Civil War is great when viewed within the larger context of the MCU. Although the airport scene is the greatest action sequence in the history of comic book movies, the switch of tone was jarring. CW went from a brooding, gritty thriller to Avengers 2.5 with wisecracks and pop culture references. Like I said, great scene.. just felt out of place.

Winter Soldier is almost perfect. Almost.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Avengers
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Iron Man
    4. Civil War
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy
    6. Ant-Man
    7. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    8. Captain America: The First Avenger
    9. Iron Man 2
    10. Thor
    11. The Incredible Hulk
    12. Thor: The Dark World
    13. Iron Man 3

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ... The newly introduced characters added a lot, but with a couple of caveats. Spider-Man's introduction felt a bit shoehorned in, kinda out of left field. Felt like we were suddenly in a proper Spider-Man movie. ...
    ... you are right it felt shoe horned in (probably because it was). ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vox.com / Culture >> "How Marvel built such an impressive movie universe" by Peter Suderman
    ... When Markus and McFeely started working on Civil War, for example, Marvel had not yet finalized its deal with Sony to share the rights to Spider-Man, who makes his MCU debut in the film. That meant they had to start writing without knowing whether he would end up in the final script — and thus had to build a story that would allow him to be replaced if necessary.

At times, they were told that the character needed to be cut from the draft they were working on. "We had to periodically fill the hole" left by the removal of Spider-Man, Markus recalls. But he argues that uncertainty over whether he and Markus could ultimately use the character "was very beneficial to the growth of the story," helping them figure out the film's overall arc.

They ended up taking a kind of modular approach. "We were flexible enough so that if somehow the improbable deal between Sony and Marvel didn’t happen, we weren’t left having to redo the entire structure," McFeely says. ...
    ~ www.vox.com/civil-war/marvel-cinematic-universe/making-of

I kind of liked the final effect, though; gave a 'slice of life' sensibility to his introduction as opposed to by-the-numbers theatricality. Everybody knows Spider-Man's origin by now, anyway. Skipping right in therefore wasn't confusing, just different. Different is good. And this handling sort of reflected S-M's part in the "Civil War" comic books better than this film measured up on all aspects relative to that original continuity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast