Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TWTTKH and water

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TWTTKH and water

Interesting tidbit:
    My son is taking a college class about water and was given a reading list to select a book from. TWTTKH was an option so he selected it cause he knew I would want him to.

Now he has to read the book and write about what water symbolizes in the book. That's his description, not mine. It has been a couple of years since I read the book, but I can't think of any water-related themes.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    Interesting tidbit:
    My son is taking a college class about water and was given a reading list to select a book from. TWTTKH was an option so he selected it cause he knew I would want him to.

Now he has to read the book and write about what water symbolizes in the book. That's his description, not mine. It has been a couple of years since I read the book, but I can't think of any water-related themes.
    Wasn't it raining/storming while Roland was telling the story?

They also had to cross a river in the beginning of the story.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are multiple references to water like you mentioned, but I don't remember an overarching theme. Maybe I should reread the book also...
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

+ Reply to Thread