Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Pierce Brown lettered trilogy sold?
    Not yet. Other than Gme of Thrones has most watchers...with that I will give you a no profit price albeit I bought it for a pretty penny...pm me
    Thanks for the offer sir, but Ill sit this one out Im afraid. Saving up for now. I havent read the books yet but fell in love with Tommy Arnold covers. Didnt see the trilogy in your listing from that link so thats why I wondered if someone already snapped them up. Or is that 4295 listing also yours? Different seller name though.
    No problem and that isn’t me.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I see who you’re talking about. Small seller and somehow hasn’t gotten the 3rd book yet?
    Seeking:

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I see who you’re talking about. Small seller and somehow hasn’t gotten the 3rd book yet?
    The listing pretends to be for all 3. However no pictures of the 3rd indeed now that you mention it
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Who knows, I’ve only interacted with them once where they acted like it was a complete inconvenience to look up the number on a limited edition.

At least with this, if it’s legit, it would have to be part of 26. Knowing the letter is another matter.
    Seeking:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That other listing has been up and renewed since before the third book was released. Hence no pics as they haven't updated it.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That other listing has been up and renewed since before the third book was released. Hence no pics as they haven't updated it.
    Sloppy at these price levels
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sloppy at these price levels
    Agreed, I updated mine the day I got it which was a month ago
    Seeking:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about to relist all the SubPress stuff at only what it costs to recoup my costs and the fees associated.

If you see anything you like I can go without fees unless paypal is charging them for F&F now.
    Seeking:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Letter J of Red Rising trilogy for 4 grand (what I paid) plus cost of whatever shipping you would like. Newest one just announced (and more to follow), you would be able to buy it direct at cost. Let me know if interested.

Seeking:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Letter J of Red Rising trilogy for 4 grand (what I paid) plus cost of whatever shipping you would like. Newest one just announced (and more to follow), you would be able to buy it direct at cost. Let me know if interested.

Liquidating it all: Subterranean Auctions at Cost

SOLD
    Seeking:

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know what Jeff was charging for RPO slipcase for the Subpress edition? Thanks.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I paid 12.95 GBP for mine a few years back. Might be a bit more now, but that should be the ballpark.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome. There are black and purple variants of the case, and they both look great. I was concerned the purple case would look a little cheesy, but it actually suits the colour scheme of the dustjacket really well.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Full throttle up for order today. I just can’t find a good reason why the lettered edition has to be almost ten times as expensive as the limited. No extra art. Remarque by Dave McKean worth such a premium? I think i’m skipping this.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I got a copy of the numbered edition. Does anyone know if McKean is signing too?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Lettered sold out. Unbelievable. I don’t even think I’m getting the limited.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If money's an issue (and at $175 for a book without a slipcase it just might be), there's also the option of getting it on layaway from Camelot.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    If money's an issue (and at $175 for a book without a slipcase it just might be), there's also the option of getting it on layaway from Camelot.
    Money definitely is not the issue - the issue is it’s going to be a standard sub press book. It’s 8x8, no slipcase. Seems like a money grab to me.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Limited does come with slipcase. For this edition I think the limited has the best value. I can’t see where the 1500$ go towards without extra art or different paper / printing. Must be some extraordinary binding material. When the pictures arrive of the lettered I might regret my decision as it was up for sale for several minutes. That doesnt come close the 29 second sell out for Use of Weapons

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I see. I read only the email SP sent out last week. Maybe I didn't see the part about the slipcase. $175 seems a little more reasonable now.

The Lettered at $1500 will probably be like the lettered for NOS4A2 - leather-bound or silk-bound slipcase, leather-bound embossed book, hand sewn binding, plus the additional Remarque. The lettered of Silence of the Lambs was $1500, and it still stands as one of the finest productions SubPress has done. I imagine Full Throttle will also be something pretty special.

I passed on the Full Throttle lettered - I don't currently have any Hill Lettereds, and don't plan to start collecting them - but I will pick up a numbered. It's a bit pricey at $175, but this indicates it will have some of the features of a "deluxe" numbered - heavier paper, two-color printing, slipcase, etc.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Lettered at $1500 will probably be like the lettered for NOS4A2 - leather-bound or silk-bound slipcase, leather-bound embossed book, hand sewn binding, plus the additional Remarque. The lettered of Silence of the Lambs was $1500, and it still stands as one of the finest productions SubPress has done. I imagine Full Throttle will also be something pretty special.

I passed on the Full Throttle lettered - I don't currently have any Hill Lettereds, and don't plan to start collecting them - but I will pick up a numbered. It's a bit pricey at $175, but this indicates it will have some of the features of a "deluxe" numbered - heavier paper, two-color printing, slipcase, etc.

HBJ
    I agree. The standard lettereds are all pretty much the same, but once they hit the $500 price point, they start to get really nice. But they're still always described the same way!

"26 signed specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase"

I'm assuming they do this to keep their creative options open...

There was at least one other title besides Silence of the Lambs (which I agree is perhaps their finest effort) that was $1500 - the lettered Smoke & Mirrors, which goes for more than double that now and has the coolest traycase.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Of the few Sub Press lettereds I have, I think I like the one for DANGEROUS WAYS by Jack Vance the best.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Of the few Sub Press lettereds I have, I think I like the one for DANGEROUS WAYS by Jack Vance the best.
    You have a pic of that in your collection thread? I know you finally scored the lettered Blood's A Rover and if you like Dangerous Ways better than that, then I gotta see!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast