Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 441 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Hereditary over the weekend. What an eff'd up movie. My 16 year old daughter was totally freaked out. I was not ready for the last 15 minutes. Come to think of it, I was not ready for one major jolt early on either. I'm still processing it four days later. 7.5/10 This may go up or down over time. Definitely worth my time. I think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched Hereditary over the weekend. What an eff'd up movie.
    That about sums it up.

I think I would agree with your rating.

And if the early jolt you're thinking about is
    Spoiler:
    Charlie's decapitation
    , my mouth was literally hanging open at that scene.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Hereditary over the weekend. What an eff'd up movie. My 16 year old daughter was totally freaked out. I was not ready for the last 15 minutes. Come to think of it, I was not ready for one major jolt early on either. I'm still processing it four days later. 7.5/10 This may go up or down over time. Definitely worth my time. I think.
    I'm still processing it 4 months later.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched Hereditary over the weekend. What an eff'd up movie.
    That about sums it up.

I think I would agree with your rating.

And if the early jolt you're thinking about is
    Spoiler:
    Charlie's decapitation
    , my mouth was literally hanging open at that scene.
    That's the scene - I had to hit pause and gather myself for what I knew to be true.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm still processing it 4 months later.
    Glad to know that I'm not alone.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Leave No Trace, which is just an excellent, excellent drama. Ben Foster gives his career performance and newcomer Thomasin McKenzie also gives a fantastic performance. Just looking her up now, I can't believe she's 18! She looks so much younger, and I'm pretty sure her character was meant to be much younger than that too. My favourite film of the year so far.

And I also saw Saving Private Ryan for the first time in years on the big screen. It's still a very good film, and I love it's gritty look. A film palette filmed with mostly dull earth tones, a lot of grey and brown and faded blues is normally pretty ugly to look at, but that really brings the dirty grit of WW2 to life. It wasn't pretty. It was harrowing and mucky. I still don't think a war film has quite effectively portrayed the horrors of war when it comes to loss of life, and it doesn't shy away from the gore which is far more effective than the gore you'll find in your typical horror movies because we know this stuff actually happened, and millions of people died deaths just like this. War movies always get to me in a different way than most films because of, whether or not the film is historically accurate, it's depicting true horror. All that said, I do prefer The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan as a World War 2 film, and both couldn't be more opposite in appearance and tone.

Can't wait to see Halloween in theatres tomorrow! That's the best way to get excited for the new Halloween, which I have still avoided all marketing for!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    All that said, I do prefer The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan as a World War 2 film, and both couldn't be more opposite in appearance and tone.
    Still?! I thought all the Saving Private Ryan love meant that you had come around. To me, Ryan is a superior film to Line in every way possible. To be fair, I have a promise to Feev to rewatch the film. The rewatch will hopefully give me a better appreciation for the film, but it will never replace Saving Private Ryan for me. It holds a special place in my heart.

One of the more underrated aspects of the film is the sound. My favorite part is when Private Mellish bites it. You an literally hear the sweat falling from the Nazi's head onto Mellish's coat. Just so awesome. Another cool part is to look back at all the cameos years later.

Paul Giamatti, Ted Danson, Nathan Fillion, Bryan Cranston.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

All that said, I do prefer The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan as a World War 2 film, and both couldn't be more opposite in appearance and tone.
    Still?! I thought all the Saving Private Ryan love meant that you had come around. To me, Ryan is a superior film to Line in every way possible. To be fair, I have a promise to Feev to rewatch the film. The rewatch will hopefully give me a better appreciation for the film, but it will never replace Saving Private Ryan for me. It holds a special place in my heart.

One of the more underrated aspects of the film is the sound. My favorite part is when Private Mellish bites it. You an literally hear the sweat falling from the Nazi's head onto Mellish's coat. Just so awesome. Another cool part is to look back at all the cameos years later.

Paul Giamatti, Ted Danson, Nathan Fillion, Bryan Cranston.

The sound design is incredible. It's a marvel from a production stand point for sure. There are also cameos by Denis Farina, Leland Orser, and Ryan Hurst (who's playing a villain in this season of The Walking Dead). I didn't know Cranston was in it...that's how long it's been since I've seen it.

But yeah, I still enjoy The Thin Red Line more. While Saving Private Ryan shows the horrors of war in plain view, The Thin Red Line really shows how the horrors of war affect the people fighting the war. There is no noble goal in TTRL like in SPR, and all the death is seemingless needless and in service of selfish, career goals. The acting in The Thin Red Line is better, especially from Nolte and Koteas. And the cinematography is stunning in how it allows the horrors of war to be on display while still depicting the lush, beautiful landscape it's being fought in. Saving Private Ryan is still an excellent film. But The Thin Red Line is just that much better.

The backstory behind the film is brilliant too. Evidently the original cut of the film was between 5-6 hours long, and the way Mallick edited down the film totally changed it. The book it's based off has Adrian Brody's character as the main character, but he's a side character as he chose to focus on Caviziel's character instead to trim the run-time down. Mickey Rourke apparently filmed quite a lot and he's totally cut from the final film. I would love to see the original cut, or a fully-extended version that's between 4-5 hours.

You me and Feev should group watch that one day...and Apocalypse Now!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing Halloween on the big screen was awesome. Everyone should check their local theatre to see if it's playing near you. It's playing here for the next week.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First Man:

Viewed in Imax.

Never have I "felt" the experience of piloting an X-15 as it bounced off the atmosphere, or understood the power, and fragility of a launch-craft taking a man into orbit, as I have after viewing this film.
    The wish is that there is more understanding of the feelings of the "First Man". Space is a cold and unforgiving place, and so it seems is the portrayal of Neil Armstrong by Ryan Gosling.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS (.5 beer reduced from score due to excess running time).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You me and Feev should group watch that one day...and Apocalypse Now!
    I'd be down for that. I know the film is infamous for cutting out entire actors from the film. Big actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    First Man:

Viewed in Imax.

Never have I "felt" the experience of piloting an X-15 as it bounced off the atmosphere, or understood the power, and fragility of a launch-craft taking a man into orbit, as I have after viewing this film.
    The wish is that there is more understanding of the feelings of the "First Man". Space is a cold and unforgiving place, and so it seems is the portrayal of Neil Armstrong by Ryan Gosling.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS (.5 beer reduced from score due to excess running time).
    I heard IMAX is the only way to watch this one. Unfortunately, I don't have a true IMAX theater that close to me.

The Old Man & the Gun

The Old Man & the Gun has a cool old Hollywood vibe to it, and I enjoyed it for what it was, but I can't help but feel like the film was missing a scene or two.

Clocking in a very swift 93 minutes, the film feels rushed. The much talked about scenes between Spacek and Redford are few and far between. Casey Affleck is kind of wasted here as well. I understand the film is based on a true story, but it's not a crime to take a little creative license from time to time.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got home from seeing A Star is Born. Hard movie to sit through
    Spoiler:
    as my wife's father took his own life over ten years ago after a long battle with tinnitus and other issues
    . The movie was really beautiful at times, especially in the first half. So moving and yet not pandering in any way. Can't wait to download the music. I can see the award nominations right now for Cooper (actor and director), for Gaga, for best picture, maybe even Sam Elliot for best supporting actor. A nearly flawless 9.5/10

Minor complaint:
    Spoiler:
    I wish that Cooper had not chosen to have the music agent have such a obvious dressing down of Cooper's character right before the suicide. It's like he wants us to have someone to blame, when there is only ever one person to blame. There had to have been better ways to handle this. A similar conversation with Elliot, an overhearing of the agent and Gaga. Something less obvious. A small complaint in an otherwise nearly flawless movie.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary, 4 out of 5. Man, what an EFFECTIVE movie. Great acting, a few legitimately creepy scenes, and some genuine surprises and twists, which is great for me who has seen everything and is almost never surprised anymore. My only issues were the last fifteen minutes, which, while entertaining, veered a little too close to Mother! territory of weirdness, and the pacing. I understand a slow burn when I see it, and I understand WHY some scenes lingered a little longer than they should have, but as fantastic as this director's visuals were, I think he needs to be reeled in about 10% in regards to pacing and "lingering".

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Here, let me help you out with your post, as your comments led me to believe you've spoiled parts of the movie for me.

Just got home from seeing A Star is Born. Hard movie to sit through as
    Spoiler:
    my wife's father took his own life over ten years ago after a long battle with tinnitus and other issues
    . The movie was really beautiful at times, especially in the first half. So moving and yet not pandering in any way. Can't wait to download the music. I can see the award nominations right now for Cooper (actor and director), for Gaga, for best picture, maybe even Sam Elliot for best supporting actor. A nearly flawless 9.5/10

Minor complaint:
    Spoiler:
    I wish that Cooper had not chosen to have the music agent have such a obvious dressing down of Cooper's character right before the suicide. It's like he wants us to have someone to blame, when there is only ever one person to blame. There had to have been better ways to handle this. A similar conversation with Elliot, an overhearing of the agent and Gaga. Something less obvious. A small complaint in an otherwise nearly flawless movie.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Here, let me help you out with your post, as your comments led me to believe you've spoiled parts of the movie for me.

Just got home from seeing A Star is Born. Hard movie to sit through as
    Spoiler:
    my wife's father took his own life over ten years ago after a long battle with tinnitus and other issues

Minor complaint:
    Spoiler:

Sorry. In my haste to share a personal connection I didn’t think so clearly. My sincere apologies. I fixed my original post as well. Having seen the three previous versions I was not thinking clearly.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware there were previous versions of the same movie. If that's the case, then IIIII apologize. There's definitely a statute of limitations when it comes to spoilers, and if the movie (including previous versions with the same storyline) is over six months or so old, then spoil away. My bad!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping. I enjoyed the heck out of it like I imagined I would. I've been a fan of The Lonely Island for a long time and was excited to watch it, but I've been waiting to watch it with my friend who is also a big Lonely Island fan. The movie had a lot of the humour I'd expect from Lonely Island. Some good satire and parody peppered throughout helped elevate it too. I hope they make another movie.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Old Man & the Gun

The Old Man & the Gun has a cool old Hollywood vibe to it, and I enjoyed it for what it was, but I can't help but feel like the film was missing a scene or two.

Clocking in a very swift 93 minutes, the film feels rushed. The much talked about scenes between Spacek and Redford are few and far between. Casey Affleck is kind of wasted here as well. I understand the film is based on a true story, but it's not a crime to take a little creative license from time to time.

I viewed The Old Man and the Gun yesterday and agree with your thoughts. Quirky and all too brief. It was cool to see Danny Glover in a small part. 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware there were previous versions of the same movie. If that's the case, then IIIII apologize. There's definitely a statute of limitations when it comes to spoilers, and if the movie (including previous versions with the same storyline) is over six months or so old, then spoil away. My bad!

Who knows what 2030 will bring?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting article about the dominion of CBMs and why they have an iron grip on blockbuster season.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not much of a reviewer here, but I saw 'Venom" and they kinda fucked it up. I thought it was no where near what we have come to expevt from "Marvel" films. Of course it isn't exactly a true "Marvel" film, but still. Hardy, was pretty good however aside from him there were a lot of holes and such. Couple of really good action sequences though. You may want to wait and rent it or "HBO" to present it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware there were previous versions of the same movie.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You guys, I finally watched Hereditary. What a good film. It seriously creeped me out which isn't an easy thing to do. I really hate how most horror films these days rely soley on jump scares which have no lasting effect. This one did it right. It was filled with so much tension, which I find to be far scarier. I also really loved how they put something scary into the shot without focusing on it, and just left it there for you to discover. Also that shock early on, I totally did not see that coming so that was a really pleasant surprise. Did anyone else get a Shining vibe from this film? The close up's of peoples faces all distraught, the tracking shots through the hallways of the house, even the music was reminiscent of it to me. Definitely a very effective horror film, and I really do hope they continue to make more films like this in the future.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason referring to
    Spoiler:
    a kid getting decapitated
    as a "pleasant surprise" made me laugh. I know what you meant, though.

Did you understand the ending right away? I had to do some Googling before it all clicked. Looking back, the clues and hints were really well planted.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Sisters Brothers":

Beautifully shot scenes of Oregon and California (although movie was filmed in Spain and Romania), this tale set in 1851 about two hit men pursuing someone who has a formula to help extract gold, moves very methodically (slow).

3.5 beers on the RFSRS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 441 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 ... LastLast