Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Outsider - Collecting information

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know, Adam if all ten are up for grabs Brian at CD might appreciate taking them off your hands and offering a deal since he's got S&S searching for 1st printings to fill his slipcase orders. Just a thought. Who knows? maybe he'd throw you some kind of extra collecting bone to boot.

I doubt S&S hired, Indiana Jones to go looking for the 1st printings it owes CD. lol lol

Spoiler:
    Can't put a price tag on good karma, right?
    I’d be happy to. I’ve got four I was returning for sure, and two holding for a couple members until they know if they can get a copy locally or not. So possibly six total if those two members find a copy.

If you see this, Brian at CD, and are interested in doing what Bill suggested, shoot me a PM. I bought them each for $26. Hell, I bet the other Half Price Books here has more, too.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to disagree with people, but there is NO WAY they printed 1 million books on the 1st printing. True figures are somewhat of a closely held secret to the publisher, but simply no.

The HUGELY anticipated 1st run of "IT" was purportedly 860,000.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know, Adam if all ten are up for grabs Brian at CD might appreciate taking them off your hands and offering a deal since he's got S&S searching for 1st printings to fill his slipcase orders. Just a thought. Who knows? maybe he'd throw you some kind of extra collecting bone to boot.

I doubt S&S hired, Indiana Jones to go looking for the 1st printings it owes CD. lol lol

Spoiler:
    Can't put a price tag on good karma, right?
    Well maybe not Indiana Jones, but they do have "top men" working on it right now!

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Local grocery stores here have 1st/1st. Kim verified my order from them is a 1st/1st.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Anybody have a print run for this first printing? Costco, Target, Walmart and Amazon seem to have first printings. Some Barnes and Nobles I've been in are already at 3rd printings. Completely all over the place.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I found firsts at Walmart.

I definitely need to put this in a Brodart cover immediately.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Anybody have a print run for this first printing? Costco, Target, Walmart and Amazon seem to have first printings. Some Barnes and Nobles I've been in are already at 3rd printings. Completely all over the place.
    Not sure if this is what you’re asking but here’s the number line on the first printing...

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Yea I was referring to if anybody knew how many The Publisher printed in the first printing.

My Mood
    Chatty

I was wondering the same thing and learned that’s not information the publisher shares publicly. Scroll up a little in this thread and you’ll see the discussion.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My boyfriend found me a first printing at BJ's (which is like Costco & Sam's). He didn't even need to call and ask how to identify it. I have trained him well.

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha my wife got a taste of it with this release. There was a little bit of eye rolling but she knows what a number line is now and how there needs to be a 1 somewhere in it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    My boyfriend found me a first printing at BJ's (which is like Costco & Sam's). He didn't even need to call and ask how to identify it. I have trained him well.
    He’s a keeper.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to pick up 4 pre-ordered WH Smith copies from my local store yesterday. 1 had a torn cover and 2 had very creased dj's. The woman serving me looked like i was a madman when I refused to take them. Simply couldn't understand how "such a little thing" would prevent me from buying a book....

Managed to find alternative copies in another store in a town nearby. Even then I struggled to find good copies amongst the piles of books. The other store's assistant (who was a little more understanding) said "Yeah, we get them shipped to us in plastic skips, no packaging at all really..."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My B&N only had about two dozen copies, some firsts, some seconds. Out of the firsts, none were really "collection copy worthy." Gonna try eBay unless anyone here managed to pick up an extra F/F copy they're willing to sell.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book (DJ) by it's very nature is prone to slight marring. Just being packaged and unpackaged can and will result in a slight rubbing mark(s), particularly on the rear of the DJ, as the front of the DJ rubs on the back of the book on top of it in the box, or stacked on the shelf. I don't think it's much to fret about as it will be years, if ever that the book is worth a significant amount.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Went to pick up 4 pre-ordered WH Smith copies from my local store yesterday. 1 had a torn cover and 2 had very creased dj's. The woman serving me looked like i was a madman when I refused to take them. Simply couldn't understand how "such a little thing" would prevent me from buying a book....

Managed to find alternative copies in another store in a town nearby. Even then I struggled to find good copies among the piles of books. The other store's assistant (who was a little more understanding) said "Yeah, we get them shipped to us in plastic skips, no packaging at all really..."
    That's like a new car dealer saying, "It's only a little scratch. The car will run just as good with or without it."
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm told my B&N has firsts (I don't know when I will get a chance to go look) but they put those damn discount stickers on the cover. They usually damage the jackets depending upon the material. Anyone know if they peel off this material easily or does it get messed up in the process?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm told my B&N has firsts (I don't know when I will get a chance to go look) but they put those damn discount stickers on the cover. They usually damage the jackets depending upon the material. Anyone know if they peel off this material easily or does it get messed up in the process?
    Usually with patience cover stickers can be removed with no damage or residue.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would avoid them if possible. Walmart does the same thing. At best it leaves a sticky residue when you remove it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Mine from Meijer left a sticky residue but I got most of it off by gently dabbing it with a piece of scotch tape.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Would avoid them if possible. Walmart does the same thing. At best it leaves a sticky residue when you remove it.
    I know! It sucks! Sometimes they peel right off, no problem, but from what everyone is saying about the jackets, I'm not hopeful.
    40% off with member discount too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Collecting tutorials section is your friend:

HOW TO: Remove Stickers from Books

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Stickers will come off using lighter fluid. Doesn't leave any stains either.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sam's Club didn't have ANY copies...OR Wal-mart. What gives?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast