Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Virgin Suicides (1999)
    Sofia Coppola

Watch video:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #55

"A scene that looks like a painting doesn't make a painting. If you look closely, all of nature has its beauty."

Film: Dreams
    Director: Akira Kurosawa
    Year: 1990
    Spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dreams seconded.

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #52

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends."

Film: Legends of the Fall
    Director: Edward Zwick
    Year: 1994
    Spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    Pitt and Hopkins!! Whats not to like...... SECONDED

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Virgin Suicides (1999)
    Sofia Coppola

Watch video:
    I will second this.

And nominate another one of my favorites that I saw on Mae's list.

Now and Then
    Dir: Lesli Linka Glatter

Trailer

I just wanted this one again about a month or so ago, and it was just as good as I remembered it being
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I would like to nominate one my favourite, put-it-on-and-be-entertained action films...

Film: Under Siege
    Dir: Andrew Davis
    Year: 1992

Quote:
    [Krill reads his personal file while he is still dressed as a drag queen]

Commander Krill: Listen to the s**t I've had to put up with: "In the past few weeks, Commander Krill has become increasingly hostile to the crew, possibly due to anger over my last reviews of his performance. I recommend he be given a psychological evaluation before taking over his next ASSIGNMENT!"
    [slams file on table]

Commander Krill: Do I look like I need a psychological evaluation?

William Strannix: Not at all.

Commander Krill: ...I gotta change.

classic... In my humble opinion
    I love Under Siege! This has to be included! SECONDED.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Mae, you've got a lot of lite indie films on your list that I love. And you reminded me of a bunch I want to nominate know
    My love with indies began in the early '90s watching the then-new IFC channel religiously.
    Mine was in the 90s too. The little indie section at the video store would be the first section I would check. And I would always keep an eye on what was playing at Sundance and keep an eye out for them. Have you not seen Hurricane Streets? Based on the ones on your list and love of indie films I highly recommend it.

Country
    Country Flag

Now and Then seconded! It's not very highly rated sadly but I love it.

That's a shame. It's one of my favorites. I've seen it countless times.

Country
    Country Flag

Have you not seen Hurricane Streets? Based on the ones on your list and love of indie films I highly recommend it.
    I watched the trailer but couldn't remember it. And unfortunately it's not streaming anywhere: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/hurricane-streets I'm sure I'd like it from the trailer but I want to be fair too.

Country
    Country Flag

That's a shame. It's one of my favorites. I've seen it countless times.
    Yup, 28% on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/now_and_then But look at that audience score.

Have you not seen Hurricane Streets? Based on the ones on your list and love of indie films I highly recommend it.
    I watched the trailer but couldn't remember it. And unfortunately it's not streaming anywhere: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/hurricane-streets I'm sure I'd like it from the trailer but I want to be fair too.
    I actually have it on VHS so I can't get rid of my VCR I've never been able to find it on dvd unfortunately. If I ever see it streaming somewhere I will let you know. It's such a good movie.

And 82%, that's really good! Wonder why the critics disliked it so much.

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I did not see Copland nominated. If it is not, I would like nominate it.
    Love Copland!

Seconded

Quote:
    Figgs: Two kind of people in this world: pinball people and video game people. You, Freddy, you're pinball people.

Country
    Country Flag

Rushmore seconded.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I would like to nominate one my favourite, put-it-on-and-be-entertained action films...

Film: Under Siege
    Dir: Andrew Davis
    Year: 1992

Quote:
    [Krill reads his personal file while he is still dressed as a drag queen]

Commander Krill: Listen to the s**t I've had to put up with: "In the past few weeks, Commander Krill has become increasingly hostile to the crew, possibly due to anger over my last reviews of his performance. I recommend he be given a psychological evaluation before taking over his next ASSIGNMENT!"
    [slams file on table]

Commander Krill: Do I look like I need a psychological evaluation?

William Strannix: Not at all.

Commander Krill: ...I gotta change.

classic... In my humble opinion
    I love Under Siege! This has to be included! SECONDED.
    Third’ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another favorite from when I was a kid. I know it's been forgotten, but it's such a great film. It's also a film where my perspective of things has changed when watching it as an adult as opposed to as a kid.

Nomination #19

Radio Flyer
    Dir: Richard Donner
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

How many spots are left? We're getting so close. I just realized Fear hasn't been nominated, and I can't nominate it yet

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How many spots are left? We're getting so close. I just realized Fear hasn't been nominated, and I can't nominate it yet
    18 spots left!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I'm utterly shocked this huge hit is still not nominated:

Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
    Nora Ephron

Watch video:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominating

Back to the future part 3 (1990)

https://youtu.be/3C8c3EoEfw4

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm utterly shocked this huge hit is still not nominated:

Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
    Nora Ephron

Watch video:
    Seconded

Fear
    Dir: James Foley

Trailer

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone rewatched (or watched for the first time) any nominated titles because of this tournament? I caught a few movies on TV and watched a bunch of clips on YouTube, and watched Beautiful Girls that Heather nominated, and enjoyed it greatly.

Country
    Country Flag

Fear seconded. Very underrated thriller. Kinda making me want to nominate Freeway...

Fear seconded. Very underrated thriller.
    Indeed. And every time I think of a movie it reminds me of another one. I also want to nominate Reese's first movie, Man in the Moon. There really were a ton of great films in the 90s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast