Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 890 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,375 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.
    There is a flip side to that coin. Without a lottery, there would be nothing to stop King fans buying multiple copies of the book and then flipping the unwanted ones at inflated prices.
    Funny you mention coins...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.
    But if you were a collector who had previously supported a press, and you were told you had to compete with everyone else to get the next book by that press even though you've always supported the press by ordering their less popular titles, how would that make you feel?

Edited to add: that wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, this is ALWAYS a tough process to deal with on all ends. You'd think it would be easy as a publisher -- just announce it and sell like crazy -- but when you want to take care of everyone who has supported you over the years, it's actually a tough balancing act, especially knowing you WILL make someone you like unhappy.

Brian
    As you say, Brian, a tough balancing act. However, if every small press had that policy, you would have the buy everything, every small press, ever published, just to get a chance of purchasing the books of the authors you love -- which is impractical both financially and space wise. OR you just bypass the small presses and just buy it from ebay at a higher price as that would be much cheaper in the long run.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One copy per customer? Lottery? You know people are going to have their spouses kids coworkers friends all signing up for the lottery and then they will brag they have two or three or more copies and by the way, want to buy one? Joke. Anyway, I am done. No more comments on this...stuff.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Seems to me all the people who supported CD over the years, even when they took 10 years to get a book out, allowed for the creation of LRB. Now they get preference? It does not make me feel happy.
    Considering there will be only 26 Lettered copies available. A lottery IS THE ONLY WAY to ensure equal fairness to all.
    26? 52 I am betting... and Brian cannot please everyone. I thank him for doing what he can.
    Steve agreed to sign 52, so that will be the Lettered Edition run.

I always know I can't please everyone, but I still try. I know what it's like on all sides of the process, after all. Hopefully, everyone who really wants a copy will be able to get one. I'll be in touch on that front tomorrow.

Brian
    My mistake. I have the LRB editions of both Dark Forces and The Exorcist, and the print run for both Lettered editions was only 26. I naturally thought that this book would have a similar print run.

However, my feelings concerning the lottery process remain unchanged. All 52 Lettered copies of this book would sell out within seconds, if it was open to everyone on a first come first served basis. A lottery gives everybody an equal and fair chance to buy ONE (and not twenty then flip nineteen).

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered mine. Pain about the signed option, but I get that it's a complex process for publishers... (The anxious preoccupation begins!)

As you say, Brian, a tough balancing act. However, if every small press had that policy, you would have the buy everything, every small press, ever published, just to get a chance of purchasing the books of the authors you love -- which is impractical both financially and space wise. OR you just bypass the small presses and just buy it from ebay at a higher price as that would be much cheaper in the long run.
    Which is an excellent point as well. It's a difficult balancing act and someone that you should have taken care of will always be left out. It's really the thing I hate most about announcing these because it should an be exciting -- or at least interesting! -- day for everyone, but I know someone will feel burned by the decisions that were made. Which sucks. People have every right to be bummed out and it's an imperfect process in an imperfect world.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Only the lettered will be signed by King?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    One copy per customer? Lottery? You know people are going to have their spouses kids coworkers friends all signing up for the lottery and then they will brag they have two or three or more copies and by the way, want to buy one? Joke. Anyway, I am done. No more comments on this...stuff.
    The same thing happens when you just have a "Land Rush" process, too. You tell everyone the time and place, and then people have their friends and family place orders, and then they have multiple copies even though it was supposed to be "one" per person.

Or... you can tell no one in advance, just announce the book out of the blue one day, and then people who were on the road or not randomly watching your website that day miss out.

It's not a perfect system for sure. I totally hear where you're coming from.

Brian

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

is King signing the Lettered edition AND the Limited Edition (or just the Lettered) ?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Also the 350 copies of the Limited Edition. Sorry, I know the above post was unclear.

Brian

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Which is an excellent point as well. It's a difficult balancing act and someone that you should have taken care of will always be left out. It's really the thing I hate most about announcing these because it should an be exciting -- or at least interesting! -- day for everyone, but I know someone will feel burned by the decisions that were made. Which sucks. People have every right to be bummed out and it's an imperfect process in an imperfect world.

Brian
    Thanks for the reply, Brian. I understand that you're in a difficult position. But at least I can say if Gwendy's Button Box is anything like your previous King releases, we'll be in for a truly beautiful book.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    is King signing the Lettered edition AND the Limited Edition (or just the Lettered) ?
    SK is signing both editions. 350 limited, 52 lettered. I clarified the post that was causing the confusion. Sorry about that!

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Also the 350 copies of the Limited Edition. Sorry, I know the above post was unclear.

Brian
    I love you, man. That made my day.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    So I was right! 350/52
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Brian
    Thanks for the reply, Brian. I understand that you're in a difficult position. But at least I can say if Gwendy's Button Box is anything like your previous King releases, we'll be in for a truly beautiful book.
    Thank you for the civil conversation about what can be a heated topic. I still learn from every announcement, and there can always be improvements, that much I know for sure.

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so excited right now. My FIRST chance as a collector at one being released while I am around. I SO HOPE I secure one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so excited right now. My FIRST chance as a collector at one being released while I am around. I SO HOPE I secure one
    I'm right there with you Kris!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, you mentioned PS will be stocking the trade edition. Will they be getting the signed (by Richard) and slipcased trade or do we need the order that directly?

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian,
    Will the trade edition be ONLY LRB or will Scribner jump in at some point and publish like Blockade Billy?
    Looking forward to it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

I just had a vision of you and me with our arms on each others shoulders jumping for joy in a circle. lol Creepy yet funny. hahahhaa
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hey Brian,
    Will the trade edition be ONLY LRB or will Scribner jump in at some point and publish like Blockade Billy?
    Looking forward to it!
    Excellent question.

On the other hand I also talked with the Spanish editor about this. Hope to have news of a translated edition soon.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

I just had a vision of you and me with our arms on each others shoulders jumping for joy in a circle. lol Creepy yet funny. hahahhaa
    Hahahaha
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Brian, you mentioned PS will be stocking the trade edition. Will they be getting the signed (by Richard) and slipcased trade or do we need the order that directly?
    They can get signed or unsigned, and they will be getting the slipcase. We were planning on keeping that as an exclusive to our site but then we thought about the insane overseas shipping cost for what is mostly air and we changed our minds. The website will be updated to remove the "exclusive" mention as soon as we can get back to our normal updating procedures.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just gonna throw one of these in Fingers crossed it's close to my price range.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 890 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast