Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Okja - a Netflix original. Wow. Not sure how to review this one. One part kid's movie, one part cautionary tale, one part totally grotesque (not for the kiddies). One thing's for sure, it's a thought provoking look at the meat-producing food industry. Be prepared for some some over-the-top performances from Tilda Swinton (plays twins), and Jake Gyllenhaal (animal tv host). In the end I really was moved by it. 8/10.
    Okja really is an interesting film. Joon-ho Bong is one of my favorite filmmakers and it's refreshing to see a film like this come to Netflix. I think that is one of the best things about a studio like Netflix. It's now a home to more original, quirky forms of film and TV.

I love Jake Gyllenhaal (I actually just saw Stronger today and I was blown away by his performance) but he's really odd in this one. I'm still not sure if it was an awful or brilliant performance. He seemed like he was in a different film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added recently:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dying to watch Mindhunter, but I'm crazy behind on TV because the Yankees are in the playoffs.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Dying to watch Mindhunter, but I'm crazy behind on TV because the Yankees are in the playoffs.
    Just got done watching the entire 1 season. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Might checkout The Baby Sitter tomorrow. Or later today rather
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

If you watch it, let me know how it is.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Will do! Off topic with this being a Netflix thread, but Amazon Prime has a horror anthology show/series out now entitled Lore. Although I haven't checked it out yet, sounds interesting considering the season and all.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do! Off topic with this being a Netflix thread, but Amazon Prime has a horror anthology show/series out now entitled Lore. Although I haven't checked it out yet, sounds interesting considering the season and all.
    I watched the pilot episode. I wasn't thrilled with it. It reminded me of shows from the 80s & 90s like Amazing Stories, Beyond Belief, or maybe the newer Mysteries at the Museum, only boring. I started to lose interest but once I start a show, I try to finish it. I really hope it gets better.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I watched the pilot episode. I wasn't thrilled with it. It reminded me of shows from the 80s & 90s like Amazing Stories, Beyond Belief, or maybe the newer Mysteries at the Museum, only boring. I started to lose interest but once I start a show, I try to finish it. I really hope it gets better.
    The first episode of Mindhunter was boring and slow to me as well. After that, it really took off. I'll usually give any show 3 strikes unless it's absolutely horrible.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first episode of Mindhunter was boring and slow to me as well. After that, it really took off. I'll usually give any show 3 strikes unless it's absolutely horrible.
    Yeah, I use the 3 strike rule too. Unless something is just really bad like you said, which was the case with The Mist.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the pilot episode. I wasn't thrilled with it. It reminded me of shows from the 80s & 90s like Amazing Stories, Beyond Belief, or maybe the newer Mysteries at the Museum, only boring. I started to lose interest but once I start a show, I try to finish it.
    Do the episodes have a plot, or is it more like one of those SyFy/Travel Channel "this is what happened" kind of thing with narration?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the trailer, Heather and that was enough for me. Preteen/Teenage flick from what I gathered.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched the pilot episode. I wasn't thrilled with it. It reminded me of shows from the 80s & 90s like Amazing Stories, Beyond Belief, or maybe the newer Mysteries at the Museum, only boring. I started to lose interest but once I start a show, I try to finish it.
    Do the episodes have a plot, or is it more like one of those SyFy/Travel Channel "this is what happened" kind of thing with narration?
    Yea, it's kinda like that. I watched 3 episodes and really enjoyed it. I could see where it would bore some but this kinda stuff interest me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I've watched three episodes. I like it. I'm thinking it will keep getting better.

Just seeing the '70s cars and clothes is a lot of fun.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently added:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Recently added:
    Is it just me or do all the links in this thread go to some shopping site? It doesn't matter which one I click. Even the older ones from days/weeks ago. They all go here:

https://www.viglink.com/shop/query/title

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Could be a malware situation with your browser. Links are direct to Netflix. Try a different browser and run a malware check.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That happens to me as well. There should be a little link that says something like skip and continue to Netflix.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Could be a malware situation with your browser. Links are direct to Netflix. Try a different browser and run a malware check.
    It'd be a pretty specific malware. It doesn't happen with any other links on this board. Nor does it happen with any other links on any other site.

It's just the Netflix links in this thread.

Although I did just notice all the links are http instead of https. That may be why I'm having the problem. When I copy/paste the link into my browser and add the "s", it works fine.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    It'd be a pretty specific malware. It doesn't happen with any other links on this board. Nor does it happen with any other links on any other site.

It's just the Netflix links in this thread.

Although I did just notice all the links are http instead of https. That may be why I'm having the problem. When I copy/paste the link into my browser and add the "s", it works fine.
    That's really odd. It's not malware, at least not on our end. It's happening to all of us. I clicked on one of those Netflix links in this very thread last week and it worked, so it's recent.

Also, adding the "s" doesn't work for me. Brings me to the same redirect link. I haven't looked into it, but I'm wondering if it's an issue on your end, Pablo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Test with "s": https://www.netflix.com/title/80114855

Test no "s": http://www.netflix.com/title/80114855

This link should go to Mindhunter. I want to see if it's also doing it for someone other than Pablo.

EDIT: It's doing it for my links too. Very interesting. I might have to look into this. Hell, I'm wondering if Netflix should look into this.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I've watched three episodes. I like it. I'm thinking it will keep getting better.

Six episodes in, and loving every minute! Mindhunter is my new obsession.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Six episodes in, and loving every minute! Mindhunter is my new obsession.
    Just saw this one, thanks to Still Servant. (BTW, both links went to the same place for me!) I read the book by John Douglas, and it was fascinating. Dammit! I already don't have enough time to watch all this stuff!

Country
    Country Flag

Also, adding the "s" doesn't work for me. Brings me to the same redirect link. I haven't looked into it, but I'm wondering if it's an issue on your end, Pablo.
    Nope, both types work as they should for me. Are you signed in on Netflix?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, both types work as they should for me. Are you signed in on Netflix?
    Yeah. I tried clicking while logged in and logged out and it keeps bringing me to the same site.

The links work perfectly fine on my Android tablet.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There was some discussion about viglink before but I don’t remember the outcome. Maybe RF can chime in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast