Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I just received a S/L Stand from Canada in a thin box same size as coffin traycase and 4 deflated air pillows for padding...that is it...AMAZING thing is, book made it without damage...pretty incredible given lack of support for a noted fragile book.
    Amazingly fortunate. Glad it made it unscathed

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oy! I would have been incredibly anxious after seeing the package. Glad it arrived safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Thought of the day

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really a bad packaging job but certainly worth a mention. This is what my mailbox looked like today. This package with a book in it was crammed so tightly into the mailbox that I could not remove it without bending the book completely.

The way the envelope was shoved in there, it was stuck against the metal frame of the box. The only way to get it out was to bend the book even more than it was already or tear open the packaging while still in the box, and slide the book out that way. Which is what I ended up doing.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

damn......

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Did the book survive? Doesn't look like it did.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I'd say it survived although it was bent, but not too badly. I really just needed this one for a cover scan and the jacket was fine. So mission accomplished.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I'd say it survived although it was bent, but not too badly. I really just needed this one for a cover scan and the jacket was fine. So mission accomplished.
    That's why books should always be shipped in boxes too big to be crammed into post boxes. I use to have a really awesome postman who would actually walk up to the door to deliver larger items. Now I have a lazy one who will shove everything she possibly can into the box. Boxes are a must in my case!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FWIW, the extra question marks in this thread's title remind me of the way I asked the question "why?" in a desperate whisper, after having been tapped in the groinoids by a leaf-blower wielded by my brother-in-law.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I won the auction for the King Letter a ~ a week ago. Over $700 and the seller shoved it into a shipping bag that had not rigid insert. Needless to say the top and bottom were damaged.
    Sad waste of a cool King item. The envelope was torn on the bottom, so that's the way I opened it. The seller offered me a $70 rebate. I declined and files a claim. I just mailed the thing back today (in much better packaging than I received it in).

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

uugghh - so sorry - what a waste. i bought a few books from bookstores recently - and all but one used those damn bubble mailers - and then the postman shoves them in the mailbox (we are actually having a new one made that has a much ;larger opening - so this will not be an issue. Plus we have a second drop box in our wall - that our postman uses for boxes - and if they are too big then he will drop them off at the front door - so overall I am pretty happy with Tim - he typically does a really good job
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What the hell is wrong with these sellers? Sorry about that. RF.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'll get my money back, and I would have accepted a much larger rebate (like 50%), but didn't want to continue haggling. I had some cool plans for letter.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit man.. That's just awful

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

BY WAY OF ANSWER TO THE THREAD QUESTION, BECAUSE THEY CAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'll get my money back, and I would have accepted a much larger rebate (like 50%), but didn't want to continue haggling. I had some cool plans for letter.
    I sympathize. I recently bought a lovely photo of everyone's favorite creepy talking doll autographed by June Foray, and it was packaged okay, but USPS still killed it. The seller didn't think they should give me any money back at all - practically said it was my fault it was damaged enroute. He then begrudgingly offered me a little refund. I finally gave up, sent pics to eBay, and in 4 minutes, eBay decided in my favor and gave me a label to send it back. It was nice that they had my back, but the whole experience pissed me off - I really wanted that damn photo!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I sympathize. I recently bought a lovely photo of everyone's favorite creepy talking doll autographed by June Foray, and it was packaged okay, but USPS still killed it. The seller didn't think they should give me any money back at all - practically said it was my fault it was damaged enroute. He then begrudgingly offered me a little refund. I finally gave up, sent pics to eBay, and in 4 minutes, eBay decided in my favor and gave me a label to send it back. It was nice that they had my back, but the whole experience pissed me off - I really wanted that damn photo!
    One photo of that damn doll (your avatar) is enough, Dez!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nuts.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    BY WAY OF ANSWER TO THE THREAD QUESTION, BECAUSE THEY CAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    It wasn't the USPS that screwed it up. It was the seller. I suppose "THEY CAN....." but the seller just lost several hundred dollars. I'd be surprised if they relist it and fetch anywhere near $700.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. Terrible. What a shame.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the trusted cereal box ... Book arrived in perfect shape. There should be wider use of cereal boxes in book packaging.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's the trusted cereal box ... Book arrived in perfect shape. There should be wider use of cereal boxes in book packaging.

Awesome! As long as it isn't Captain Crunch. Ok, that was silly. Gotta say, it's hilarious seing that picture.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right. It's definitely the Special K that saved it. The book would have been destroyed in a Capn' Crunch box.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If it was shipped in a Trix box you could have blamed the rabbit.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    If it was shipped in a Trix box you could have blamed the rabbit.
    Silly rabbit

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast