Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 567 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 543 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,325 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Once upon a time (years ago) I had contact info for Richard Isanove....colorist for Gunslinger Born comics and artist for one of the arcs....I seem to have lost my contact info through computer upgrades. Does anyone have his email address or actual address. Send it to me at david@bettsbooks.com

Thank you. I know he is in Canada...maybe Toronto area?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Traveler JoeHillFan is on a distinguished road

Helpppp.

I may have messed up. I purchased my first King book on ebay today, which was perhaps abit of an impulse -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Shini...vip=true&rt=nc

I've now read on Stephen King collector that alot of these books were damaged and dust jackets changed and altered - how can I tell? This dust jacket seems different to most ive seen and im worried that my first purchase may not live upto what im expecting. Anybody know alot about this?

Cheers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHillFan View Post
    Helpppp.

I may have messed up. I purchased my first King book on ebay today, which was perhaps abit of an impulse -

I've now read on Stephen King collector that alot of these books were damaged and dust jackets changed and altered - how can I tell? This dust jacket seems different to most ive seen and im worried that my first purchase may not live upto what im expecting. Anybody know alot about this?

Cheers
    When Sub Press shipped the Signed Limited copies, the book didn't have a jacket. Unfortunately, Sub Press didn't cover the book with anything to protect it and the book moved around inside the traycase causing rubbed places on the book. When Sub Press found out about this they quickly created a jacket (the one you see in your auction) to cover the book. By this time though, most of the shipped books already had the light rubbing damage.

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The book looks fine to me. Some of the books had blue color transfer from the marble boards to the inside of the traycase. The marble paper is fairly delicate and might have some spots or white lines. Subterranean Press had the dust jackets printed after the production issues arose and sent them out, free of charge, in order to protect from the color transfer. There were also a few instances of the traycase material bubbling up, so don't store this book tightly packed against other books.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I preordered CD's 'Sleeping Beauties' and I still think their edition looks beautiful, that hasn't changed.

I am however currently reading the book and it's kind of... blah. I think I'm just reading to finish at this point. So I'm basically wondering if I should keep my preorder or cancel it as I don't have much emotional attachment to the story itself. Curious as to what you guys would do if you were in a similar situation...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the book(s) after I received my special orders.

JK...kinda. King has some books that I strongly dislike, but I still have assorted copies of them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So I preordered CD's 'Sleeping Beauties' and I still think their edition looks beautiful, that hasn't changed.

I am however currently reading the book and it's kind of... blah. I think I'm just reading to finish at this point. So I'm basically wondering if I should keep my preorder or cancel it as I don't have much emotional attachment to the story itself. Curious as to what you guys would do if you were in a similar situation...
    I would keep it but that is me. I imagine they would have no problem selling it as it was sold out. OR keep and sell it when you get it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Helpppp.

Cheers
    You also got it for a reasonable price. Not bad for a 1st purchase.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

For me, it depends on how much of a completist someone is.

If, down the road, it'll bother you to see that "hole" on your shelf, I would just keep it, so you don't have to worry about aftermarket prices.

That said, if you won't be missing that edition in your collection, I would say either:

1) cancel the order and use those funds now for something else you know you DO want in your collection

2) hold onto the order, with plans of getting it listed on eBay as soon as possible. That said, since this book wasn't exactly bargain priced, you're not gaurenteed a huge immediate return for flipping your copy. There might not be a lot of growth right out of the gate. The value might even go down if a lot of them hit the market at the same time. Then again, it's eBay and if you're one of the first to list the book, who knows what might happen. We've all seen some crazy prices. I never make any promises about possible values of things because the market would always find a way to make a liar out of me!

You should definitely go with whatever is best for your collection, in my personal opinion. Just my two cents and your mileage may vary!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Collecting purposes, I would keep it regardless if you do not like the story. There are many of King's books I find blah, but King is a world re-known author that is highly collectible. Hell, I hate the Red Sox as I am a Yankee fan, but I still own the artist and gift edition of "Faithful" because of who wrote it and who published it. The books look beautiful regardless of the content.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with the others, I would keep it. However, it depends entirely on what your collecting goals are: If your goal is to only collect King books (stories) that you like, then follow Brian's options. If you collect King broadly, then keep it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Helpppp.

Cheers
    From what I can see, you have nothing to worry about. Others already explained what happened (re the dust jacket) and from what i can see, you've got yourself a great book at a good price.
    Congratulations!!

sk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

I agree with the others, I would keep it. However, it depends entirely on what your collecting goals are: If your goal is to only collect King books (stories) that you like, then follow Brian's options. If you collect King broadly, then keep it.
    Agree as well. There are things that I both read and collect. And things strictly for collecting purposes only.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone, decided to keep my order.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Whats with the differences of the Brass plats on The Stand S/L coffin box?
    More produced than others?
    One more desirable?
    Pardon if this has been discussed..........

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    One more desirable?

Brian
    There was a brass version produced and considered, but in the long run, the black plaque was chosen. As such, there are several of the brass plates out in the collecting community.

Brass plaque is the top one.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, was the short story COOKIE JAR indeed added to the mass paperback editions (UK+US) of THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS?
    >>> http://www.vqronline.org/fiction/2016/03/cookie-jar
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    By the way, was the short story COOKIE JAR indeed added to the mass paperback editions (UK+US) of THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS?
    >>> http://www.vqronline.org/fiction/2016/03/cookie-jar
    Yes, it's in both of them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    One more desirable?

Brian
    There was a brass version produced and considered, but in the long run, the black plaque was chosen. As such, there are several of the brass plates out in the collecting community.

Brass plaque is the top one.

I have the second one shown....Love it , love the whole production. Top notch S/L
    Brian.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, the second one down is a clone. The scratched 3rd one is an original.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually, the second one down is a clone. The scratched 3rd one is an original.
    I shall name him.... mini-mini me.............

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So there was a long discussion about why the first printing hardback reprint copies of IT were labeled as 3rd printings and we came to the conclusion that it was a layout error. Now, I see there is a copy on Ebay that is marked as a second printing (I really question the sig but that's besides the point).

STEPHEN KING SIGNED IT HARDCOVER BOOK AUTHOR MOVIE PENNYWISE NEW 2017

So if these go into an actual third printing, they will be the same as the first printing? Either that or the third printing could be marked as a 4th. Very messed up!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy, can we be sure this is a subsequent printing? is it not possible that the information given previously is wrong and there WERE 1st and 2nd printings out there (and I appreciate this is going to rain on a lot of peoples parade who have bought this book assuming that a number line starting with 3 was the first printing)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Tommy, can we be sure this is a subsequent printing? is it not possible that the information given previously is wrong and there WERE 1st and 2nd printings out there (and I appreciate this is going to rain on a lot of peoples parade who have bought this book assuming that a number line starting with 3 was the first printing)
    No one has seen a first printing yet (I ordered mine from Amazon the day they were announced and every B&N I've been to only had the 3rd printings) and Becca called Scribner and asked them about it. I suppose it's possible but until one is found (which why would a first printing be this insanely hard to find for one of King's most famous books?), I think they marked the second printing as a second printing and are completely ignoring the error they made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 567 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 543 ... LastLast