Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 961 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 461 861 911 951 959 960 961 962 963 971 1011 1061 ... LastLast
Results 24,001 to 24,025 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I think this sellers definition of 'mint condition' must be fairly hilarious based on the photo....
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BACHMAN-BOO...sAAOSwL8lbQvsH
    Looks like maybe the seller accidentally used the wrong description. It’s listed as a paperback but that same description states there’s a dust jacket included. Guessing he copied from the wrong template. But who knows.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    same story here: I bid, I lost, I was relieved I didn't go ebay-crazy

congrats to Simon at Hyraxia: very well played, great idea, great timing
    Yeah, Hyraxia did well (I snagged one). Some even went higher than what they had priced on their site.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe the Knowing Darkness deluxe went for almost 1200 bucks. I bought mine for 400 including shipping from a member here.

I wanted the EOTD proof and intended to snipe it, but the alarm I set on my phone wasn't loud enough, so I missed the end of the auction by 2 minutes. Friggen Laaaaaaaaaaaame. Oh well, next time
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I think this sellers definition of 'mint condition' must be fairly hilarious based on the photo....
    Looks like maybe the seller accidentally used the wrong description. It’s listed as a paperback but that same description states there’s a dust jacket included. Guessing he copied from the wrong template. But who knows.
    That's from Zuber. They don't know their fundament from a hole in the ground. I bought one book from them, received the wrong book and had a very bad time with them and E-Bay. Highly NOT recommended!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's from Zuber. They don't know their fundament from a hole in the ground. I bought one book from them, received the wrong book and had a very bad time with them and E-Bay. Highly NOT recommended!
    Ditto. Avoid!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Ditto. Avoid!
    Triplo (?)! Zuber is a drop ship seller - they don't host their own inventory and when somebody buys a book they source it elsewhere and have it shipped to the buyer. For lots of non-book items, it works OK. For books, it means that you are almost never going to get the edition you are buying in the condition you expect. I believe that someone here actually received some eyeliner (or was it mascara) in the place of the book they ordered...

It's really annoying - they show up in my King and Centipede Press searches all the time.

I can't believe the Knowing Darkness deluxe went for almost 1200 bucks. I bought mine for 400 including shipping from a member here.

I wanted the EOTD proof and intended to snipe it, but the alarm I set on my phone wasn't loud enough, so I missed the end of the auction by 2 minutes. Friggen Laaaaaaaaaaaame. Oh well, next time
    The deluxe Knowing Darkness has made a lot of gains in past year or so - $1200 isn't crazy any more. I think you got an *amazing* deal at $400, which is what the much smaller non-signed version can fetch these days...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Ditto. Avoid!
    Triplo (?)! Zuber is a drop ship seller - they don't host their own inventory and when somebody buys a book they source it elsewhere and have it shipped to the buyer. For lots of non-book items, it works OK. For books, it means that you are almost never going to get the edition you are buying in the condition you expect. I believe that someone here actually received some eyeliner (or was it mascara) in the place of the book they ordered...

It's really annoying - they show up in my King and Centipede Press searches all the time.

The deluxe Knowing Darkness has made a lot of gains in past year or so - $1200 isn't crazy any more. I think you got an *amazing* deal at $400, which is what the much smaller non-signed version can fetch these days...
    Knowing Darkness at $1200 I think is just crazy. I paid $400 also for one. It seemed there was an unlimited supply on Ebay for some time. George Bheam was the one selling it. I also got the regular edition from him for $85 if memory serves me. I have never heard of that edition doing more than $200. You know of sales of $400 or more?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Ditto. Avoid!

Knowing Darkness at $1200 I think is just crazy. I paid $400 also for one. It seemed there was an unlimited supply on Ebay for some time. George Bheam was the one selling it. I also got the regular edition from him for $85 if memory serves me. I have never heard of that edition doing more than $200. You know of sales of $400 or more?
    Wasn’t it an auction, though? Meaning more than one person bid up to around $1200.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto. Avoid!

Wasn’t it an auction, though? Meaning more than one person bid up to around $1200.
    Yes but thats not my question...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Ditto. Avoid!

I know what you’re asking. My comment was in regards to the opinion of $1200 being crazy or not. Auction or not, people are willing to pay that much for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto. Avoid!

I know what you’re asking. My comment was in regards to the opinion of $1200 being crazy or not. Auction or not, people are willing to pay that much for it.
    There was only 1 that was prepared to go to $1200 though. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Ditto. Avoid!

I don’t know what’s so funny, Kris. For an auction to reach a certain amount, more than one person has to bid on it. So, no, it wasn’t just one person. At least one more person bid nearly that high.

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto. Avoid!

I don’t know what’s so funny, Kris. For an auction to reach a certain amount, more than one person has to bid on it. So, no, it wasn’t just one person. At least one more person bid nearly that high.
    Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Ditto. Avoid!

Sigh...

Now that’s funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto. Avoid!

Sigh...

Now that’s funny.
    What is? That I don't want to argue over something silly? My point was ONE person paid $1200 , not two or three. I thought that was crazy and so did others. I was simply sharing what I got mine for and trying to gather information on sales of the lower one in the $400 range. Having a bad day mate?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Ditto. Avoid!

Sigh...

Now that’s funny.
    What is? That I don't want to argue over something silly? My point was ONE person paid $1200 , not two or three. I thought that was crazy and so did others. I was simply sharing what I got mine for and trying to gather information on sales of the lower one in the $400 range. Having a bad day mate?
    Kris, are we having this conversation here or on PM? I can’t keep up. I asked a simple question with no guile or ill intention whatsoever. Is the price really crazy or not when multiple people bid up that final price? Perhaps look at your responses to me before calling my day into question.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever conversation you have, please stop quoting the other posts. The scroll rate is annoying.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A quick look at the bidding shows that 2 people fought over this to the final price. So at least 2 people were prepared to pay around that figure (the second dropped out around £20 (~$26) less.

Spoiler:
    See how easy it is to just leave the last previous comment in?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    A quick look at the bidding shows that 2 people fought over this to the final price. So at least 2 people were prepared to pay around that figure (the second dropped out around £20 (~$26) less.

Spoiler:
    See how easy it is to just leave the last previous comment in?
    Yeah I seen the 2 bidders. I was more interested in trying to confirm any sales of the base book. You know any Simon around the $400 mark?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I seen the 2 bidders. I was more interested in trying to confirm any sales of the base book. You know any Simon around the $400 mark?

It's not something I've kept track of recently Kris. There are a couple of recent eBay sales for the small one around the $200-250 mark. Didn't David sell one of the big ones recently?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

George sold out his copies ~3 years ago. I bought one of the last of his stock. I got the deluxe edition with the acrylic slipcase for $399 and the slipcased version with prints for under $100. Great deal! Thanks again, George!

The price has risen slowly since then. I haven't seen too many of them on the market. The deluxe was worth ~$600 two years ago.

$1181.43 is more than I expected one to go for. I was thinking it would go for around original asking price.

I've seen the slipcased version go for ~$300. I haven't seen $400.

Adam, there were two bidders that went above £500.00 on the deluxe version.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Adam, there were two bidders that went above £500.00 on the deluxe version.
    I’ll have to learn how to check all the bids on an auction. I was going off the logic that it takes at least two bidders to get to a final price, and that it was possible there could’ve been more than two people competing. If there were only two, and based off what you guys (including Kris) are saying, $1200 does in fact seem a little crazy. Thanks.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ll have to learn how to check all the bids on an auction.
    If you look at the finished auction, next to the final price it states the number of bids that is a clickable link.

This opens up the bid history. The bidders actual names are redacted, but you can still see when it is the same bidders.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Knowing Darkness

The last sales for the signed version that I'm aware of are:

$750 - Betts sale, date unknown (according to Mr. Rabbit Trick)
    $900 - what I paid for my copy in 2017
    $1150 - what Mulleins sold his copy for (not sure of the date, 2017 I think)
    $1180 - what this most recent copy went for in 2018

As the other bidder was willing to go up to $1150, I think this puts the market price of the S/L version around $1k.

As a side matter, the traycase alone just sold for $270.

For the non-signed version, here are the most recent auction results:

Dec 2017: $320
    Jan 2018: $388
    Apr 2018: $389
    May 2018: $250
    May 2018: $350
    Jun 2018: $350
    Jun 2018: $400
    Jul 2018: $250

So somewhere in between $250-400 is the going rate, with 3 sales in the last 6 months hitting the $400 mark (or $389-$400 to be pedantic).

We had a similar conversation about this back in April (starting with this post: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1099990).

In general I think that Knowing Darkness is undervalued on TDT because of the number of people who got their copies for less than list price from George Beahm over the course of the many years he was selling them (I also bought an unsigned copy from him in 2014 for $100). For a number of years, he was single-handedly driving the market and pushing down the price because he was the only seller and he had a bunch of copies. After his copies dried up, it took about a year for the market to tighten back up and now the unsigned version is going for almost what the signed version went for, and the signed version is hitting $1000+.

EDIT: From my post in the other thread -

On a side note, I have never seen one of the deluxe versions (of which I think there were ~25 and that retailed for ~$4-5k), and would love to see it if someone here has a copy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 961 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 461 861 911 951 959 960 961 962 963 971 1011 1061 ... LastLast