Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Personalized Film Recommendations

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Personalized Film Recommendations

let's post our personalized recommendations here; I'm thinking about awarding some points in case the film you've recommended has been liked. For the time being, let's just post recommendations and quick feedback ("watched and liked", or else "watched and did not like")

My recommendations:

to Doctor Dodge: Delicatessen and La cité des enfants perdus, both by Jean-Pierre Jeunet

to Brice: Cul-de-Sac

Recommended to me:

by Mattrick: The Last Exorcism - loved
    by Doctor Dodge: Life on Mars - adored; Withnail and I - adored
    (there are more, will post later)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Excellent idea for a thread, bears! My recommendations are really only limited to tv shows at the moment, with the exception of Withnail & I, although to be honest, that's been recommended to quite a few people on this board, so for the moment, I'll just post recommendations made to me.

Recommended to me:
    by Jean: The Orphanage - loved it, The Devil's Backbone - loved it, Delicatessen and La cité des enfants perdus - to watch
    by Heather19: House of 1000 Corpses - really liked it, Opera - to watch, Them - to watch
    by feverishparade: Brazil - to watch
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My recommendations

To Bethany : The Godfather
    To DD : Brazil

Recommended to me

By DD : Withnail & I (to watch)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    My recommendations

Recommended to me

Don't forget my recommendation to you!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I was going to text you ! My friend got it off netflix for me and he's going to let me borrow it tomorrow !

My recommendations

Recommended to me

By Heather : East of Eden (to watch)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    My recommendations

Recommended to me

I knew you were going to say that

Annabeth loves House of 1000 Corpses.

Recommended to me:
    Pretty much every movie made after 1999.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know about reccomendations, but this is a classic all should see!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MfbYnz8ucc
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My recommendations
    To Feev: Rebecca

Recommended to me
    By DD: Withnail & I, This is England (to watch)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

seconded, all of the above! guys, do it NOW

Country
    Country Flag

Recommendation:

to DD - Wag the Dog
    (long overdue)

I assume that Brice and feverish have both seen it. If not, the recommendation goes to you guys too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that film a few years ago, I fucking LOVE it. I actually reference it on a semi-regular basis

"It's true. It's gotta be true, I saw it on TV!"
    "No no no ! This isn't over ! You know what this is !? This Act 1 : The War."
    "Sir, the President wants a white kitten. Repeat, white kitten."

Also, that whole 303 thing is brilliant

I actually recommended it to a friend a few months(?) back, he's heavily into politics and I know he'd appreciate the satirical aspects of it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    Recommendation:

to DD - Wag the Dog
    (long overdue)

I assume that Brice and feverish have both seen it. If not, the recommendation goes to you guys too.
    This is a great movie. Been years since I'd seen it, I'd love to watch it again. Just had an image of that 'refugee' running with a bag of Lays potato chips haha

Jean and DD - My Dog Tulip

I wrote a review for this in the rate the last movie you saw, so if you search you'll probably find it. It's quite and excellent movie.

The trailer
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick: so far none of your recommendations failed to succeed with bears. By the way, was it you who recommended Pontypool to me?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed it was. You were all 'you must recommend me more movies' after that and The Last Exorcism. I also suggest Dark City if you've never seen it as it is one of the greatest movies ever made. Oh and Les Planets Sauvage (Fantastic Planet) which is a brilliant French animated film from the 70's. I think it was Heather I got to watch it some time ago and she really liked it.

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to put all of your recommendations together and watch every single one of them.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a pretty odd taste in movies. I love movie that are odd. Whether it's odd characters, odd sets or visuals, odd music, odd plots, odd ideas. Odd always seems more real to me. When you're done those I may have to think of a few more hidden gems you may not know...maybe have to go through mine and my friends dvd collections.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wag The Dog was great.

Also I'm taking partial credit for any and all Argento recommendations.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably wouldn't have watched I Love You, Man if not for Mattrick's repeated postive reviews to the forum in general. Does that count? It was a bit above average to me.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My recommendations:
    To Jean: Four Lions,
    To Heather19: Withnail & I, This Is England, Quadrophenia,
    To feverishparade: Withnail & I,
    To Mattrick: Withnail & I (what can I say, I think this film should be watched by everyone! )

Recommended to me:
    by Jean: The Orphanage - loved it, The Devil's Backbone - loved it, Delicatessen and La cité des enfants perdus - to watch, Wag the Dog - to watch, The Last Exorcism - to watch,
    by Heather19: House of 1000 Corpses - really liked it, Opera - to watch, Them - to watch
    by feverishparade: Brazil - to watch

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hm...I would do a lot in this thread if we included recommended television shows! As it is, I haven't had too many film recommendations, as of late.

Country
    Country Flag

here is the thread you need, love!

DD: I'll watch Four Lions as soon as I'm through with Inception and East of Eden, which I have both abandoned (for different reasons) and can't make myself go back to

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know you'll enjoy it, Alfred (huh, I've just realised that by sheer, random coincidence, I've realised the two people I have the biggest discussions with on tv and film have chosen for their halloween costumes, respectively, Fred and Alfred. Sorry, i'm just the kind of person who raises a smile at that! ). It's quoteable, it's British, and all the characters feel like real people. I didn't finish Wag the Dog last night, but I will finish it tonight and let you know what I think.

- Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Recommended to Jean:

Snatch
    Boondock Saints
    Sherlock Holmes
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Snatch, yes! thank you for reminding me, I was going to watch it for ages, and keep forgetting

which is the Sherlock you mean, Bill?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast