Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Well, Gerald opened up the store, and tried his luck.

Perhaps he is unlucky.
    Funny stuff, RF. Floods are hilarious, aren't they?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Those pics could be of any flood damaged basement though. I don't know this guy from Adam but if 2000 collectible King books have been destroyed, wouldn't there be some definite pics of actual books? I mean maybe the flood did disintegrate the books and nothing could be savaged but wouldn't there be some recognizable ruins somewhere? Something? I'm playing devil's advocate here, I don't really know one way or another. I feel for the guy under any circumstance though.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Perhaps he is unlucky.
    Not as funny as king tweeting about republicans riding a train and hitting a garbage truck. I don’t think Noah finds floods funny either, but he was prepared.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps he is unlucky.
    No, but occasionally they can be amusing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I’m not the one offering to sell dirt for my “items that were destroyed”
    Let’s see them,
    I’m a doubting Thomas...
    This doesn't make you a doubting Thomas; it makes you an asshole.
    Calling Cook an asshole doesn't violate site rules, but IMO, you lowered yourself.

FWIW, I too have been a doubting Thomas (asshole?) On the whole issue.

I've avoided saying my opinions, mostly to allow members to guide the thread.

I defend Cook's right to be a doubting Thomas, and I defend (but disagree with you ) your right to call him or anyone else an asshole.
    I’m not the one offering to sell dirt for my “items that were destroyed”
    Let’s see them,
    I’m a doubting Thomas...
    This doesn't make you a doubting Thomas; it makes you an asshole.
    Calling Cook an asshole doesn't violate site rules, but IMO, you lowered yourself.

I'm comfortable siding with the passionate King fan/collector/store owner who got driven away from your site by Cook's bullshit, but hey, maybe that's just me - you do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    In order to be as accurate as possible, I'll mention I just found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ^ Gerald, no longer posts here due to the tone and tenor of folks here in his opinion I've been advised.
    ...so this is actually the "source material," as it is.

Bill could have been referring to post #81 in this thread. ..........I dunno.....

Bill was referring to actual personal correspondence outside this forum FWIW.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill was referring to actual personal correspondence outside this forum FWIW.
    Bill is
    Spoiler:
    Occasionally an asshole, but I still like the guy...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, but occasionally they can be amusing.
    To some people, apparently.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Not as funny as king tweeting about republicans riding a train and hitting a garbage truck.
    Yes, endangered Republicans are an absolute scream.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not as funny as king tweeting about republicans riding a train and hitting a garbage truck.
    You made me LOL at that.

Rep points for you....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You made me LOL at that.

Rep points for you....
    Okay, so your rep points are in the bank....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to St. Troy again.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

What I want to know is.....
    Spoiler:
    Just who are you calling an asshole.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That happened miles from my house and we knew the gentlemen killed in the truck. I don't find Kings comment funny at all, in fact, he's lost some respect and still is losing respect after his so called apology.

It's a very small world when you stop and think about it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As blind as I am, I don't see where post #81 in this thread intimates that Cook has driven Gerald away from the site.
    Post #81 shows Gerald as thin skinned about anyone who questions his auctions or sales makes him upset.

My bad.....didn't mean to imply it was Cook who drove him away. Most of Gerald's anger in that post was directed at other members. But I believe (maybe?) it was the last time Gerald posted.

Seems like this horse has been dead and beaten....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    That happened miles from my house and we knew the gentlemen killed in the truck. I don't find Kings comment funny at all, in fact, he's lost some respect and still is losing respect after his so called apology.

It's a very small world when you stop and think about it.

Mulleins
    The guy in the truck did not die. That's what king was told. It only gets mmore confusing from there. Horse. Beaten. Back to the bookstore

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Not taking sides or passing judgement, but I'm not sure how I feel finding out I'm not the only "Asshole" running around here!! lol lol

Banked points for you, Bill! I haven't been enough of a slut, yet
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Those pics could be of any flood damaged basement though.
    I've heard of "pics or it didn't happen," but not "pics notarized by Stephen King's personal attorney or it didn't happen."

This thread is becoming truly priceless.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=St. Troy;1096136]For those that haven't seen this (which webstar1000 originally posted), this is from Gerald's Facebook:

[I]For as long as I could pray that by some miracle, in a hidden corner of the basement, there existed a magical alcove that would protect the seventh, and last, Stephen King manuscript, sadly that was not the case.

Now that the space has been completely cleared and sanitized, ready for the rebuild, there is not one square inch that has yet to be examined. The one manuscript that did not survive was Steve’s 1973 short story “TRUCKS”, which was the basis for his 1986 directorial debut “MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE”.

I was happy that I could count it among my collection of Steve’s works for many years, and if there was any place that I wish it could be laid to rest, it would be in Bangor, where it was created, just before Steve published “CARRIE”.

As a little side-note on the crippling effects of water on paper, I would like to share with you a few things I learned during this ordeal. In a typical suburban home, your water pressure is set to a range between 40 and 60 psi. That’s a comfortable level. If you ever stood under a shower at 80 psi, you would certainly know it, because your skin would start to feel like it was being attacked with hundreds of acupuncture needles. Exceed 100 psi, and your body and appliances would start to understand what high pressure feels like.

When a water main pipe bursts, it exceeds over 200 psi+, and anything in its direct path, will be forever altered. You can cut a 3 foot tree in half with a water spray set to that level. Paper has no chance of surviving. I found hard covers floating, with the glue stripped off the spines. Cardboard boxes in the direct path became mulch, and everything inside became a simple glob, that was indistinguishable from each other.

The archival box that was designed to survive an earthquake was torn open and all its contents floated around a 1200 sq ft swimming pool for seven hours. When the water was finally turned off, I had to wait a day before I could even investigate as I needed electricians to determine it was safe to be down there.
    After first finding the lid to the manuscript box, the entire area was photographed extensively to try and locate any papers that could have belonged to it. A total of 5 pages were located a few hours later, but mostly all ink had been stripped off the paper at that stage. A few key words were all that remained to determine it was the first draft and respective screenplay, and that was it.
    When the papers were carefully removed to be sent away for possible salvage, I scooped up all the mud, dirt, papers, and anything else that was in the vicinity of the manuscript, for future archival purposes. If I ever thought I would be scooping up sand and mud and storing them in buckets, I would have laughed, but that’s what I did. The manuscript was gone, but the destruction remained.My first thought was to create a new window display in the coming months, to seal the moment for history, and I may still do that. While I was cleaning up the shop, a lovely couple from down South was up visiting Bangor, and asked me could they buy some of the dirt. I was dumbfounded, as I couldn’t understand why someone would buy dirt, but then again, I know some people sell sweat, and even air, so I guess anything is possible.

I couldn’t sell her my dirt because the request was the first I had ever heard, but after I thought about it a bit more, allowing fans of Stephen King a chance to own the dirt that destroyed a manuscript, and even possibly having a part of the manuscript contained within, may be something that people would want. To me it was a sad remnant of a horrible day, but to people around the world, maybe a piece of the Derry Flood of 2018 is something that would appeal to them. Maybe they will feel like they have a connection, even if they have never visited.
    So, I am going to be bottling it in a limited number of test tubes, corking it, packaging it with a little story and photo, and selling it for a nominal price in the coming months. That’s right, I moved to Bangor to sell books, but that plan will be augmented with a little piece of Derry manuscript dirt in the near future. While I didn’t want to ask people to send me money when the flood occurred, as I didn’t feel comfortable with that, if you would like to help me out, and have a little souvenir in the process, please buy my dirt.

God Bless.
    Gerald
    Hey St. Troy.. "Asshole" is back in the house

Did you even bother to read what you posted?

It's a great story.. emphasize story here.
    Where the hell did this come from: "When a water main pipe bursts, it exceeds over 200 psi+" - this is plain & simple exaggerated horseshit. (Read up on firefighting and why they use pumps) 80-100 is closer to the norm (125 psi is usually considered borderline dangerous)

And again I must have missed part of the story somewhere of the great and all powerful "Derry Flood of 2018". This is genuinely a real question.. Where exactly did this 200+ psi water-main break, was it in the street or was it directly above his 2000 books?

"Cardboard boxes in the direct path became mulch, and everything inside became a simple glob, that was indistinguishable from each other" - This sentence hurts my brain, seriously, it doesn't make sense.

"I couldn’t sell her my dirt because the request was the first I had ever heard" - really, wait.. why again?

"allowing fans of Stephen King a chance to own the dirt that destroyed a manuscript" - Is this sorta like touching the hem of his garment?

"That’s right, I moved to Bangor to sell books, but that plan will be augmented with a little piece of Derry manuscript dirt in the near future" "If you would like to help me out, and have a little souvenir in the process, please buy my dirt"

Maybe for a small donation he'll let you roll around naked in the mud that once held the complete sacred manuscript that king once touched with his hands.. ooh wouldn't that be exciting.
    Or wait, maybe you could drink the mud in a sort-of religious ceremony chanting "trucks trucks trucks"

Now I don't know about all of the of white knights here but he had me at "For as long as I could pray" & "miracle" & "magical" & "but to people around the world"

But god bless people...

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Now I don't know about all of the of white knights here...
    Is "white knight" really the only alternative to sharing your "9-11 truther" approach to Gerald's account of events?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The guy in the truck did not die. That's what king was told.
    This excuse for King (and I'm not saying Roseannebarr intends it as such; I don't know) is interesting, because it suggests that the only objectionable part was the person who died, while deriving enjoyment from a train accident befalling those with whom one disagrees politically is to be expected.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Cook;1096213]
    For those that haven't seen this (which webstar1000 originally posted), this is from Gerald's Facebook:

[I]For as long as I could pray that by some miracle, in a hidden corner of the basement, there existed a magical alcove that would protect the seventh, and last, Stephen King manuscript, sadly that was not the case.

Now that the space has been completely cleared and sanitized, ready for the rebuild, there is not one square inch that has yet to be examined. The one manuscript that did not survive was Steve’s 1973 short story “TRUCKS”, which was the basis for his 1986 directorial debut “MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE”.

I was happy that I could count it among my collection of Steve’s works for many years, and if there was any place that I wish it could be laid to rest, it would be in Bangor, where it was created, just before Steve published “CARRIE”.

As a little side-note on the crippling effects of water on paper, I would like to share with you a few things I learned during this ordeal. In a typical suburban home, your water pressure is set to a range between 40 and 60 psi. That’s a comfortable level. If you ever stood under a shower at 80 psi, you would certainly know it, because your skin would start to feel like it was being attacked with hundreds of acupuncture needles. Exceed 100 psi, and your body and appliances would start to understand what high pressure feels like.

When a water main pipe bursts, it exceeds over 200 psi+, and anything in its direct path, will be forever altered. You can cut a 3 foot tree in half with a water spray set to that level. Paper has no chance of surviving. I found hard covers floating, with the glue stripped off the spines. Cardboard boxes in the direct path became mulch, and everything inside became a simple glob, that was indistinguishable from each other.

The archival box that was designed to survive an earthquake was torn open and all its contents floated around a 1200 sq ft swimming pool for seven hours. When the water was finally turned off, I had to wait a day before I could even investigate as I needed electricians to determine it was safe to be down there.
    After first finding the lid to the manuscript box, the entire area was photographed extensively to try and locate any papers that could have belonged to it. A total of 5 pages were located a few hours later, but mostly all ink had been stripped off the paper at that stage. A few key words were all that remained to determine it was the first draft and respective screenplay, and that was it.
    When the papers were carefully removed to be sent away for possible salvage, I scooped up all the mud, dirt, papers, and anything else that was in the vicinity of the manuscript, for future archival purposes. If I ever thought I would be scooping up sand and mud and storing them in buckets, I would have laughed, but that’s what I did. The manuscript was gone, but the destruction remained.My first thought was to create a new window display in the coming months, to seal the moment for history, and I may still do that. While I was cleaning up the shop, a lovely couple from down South was up visiting Bangor, and asked me could they buy some of the dirt. I was dumbfounded, as I couldn’t understand why someone would buy dirt, but then again, I know some people sell sweat, and even air, so I guess anything is possible.

I couldn’t sell her my dirt because the request was the first I had ever heard, but after I thought about it a bit more, allowing fans of Stephen King a chance to own the dirt that destroyed a manuscript, and even possibly having a part of the manuscript contained within, may be something that people would want. To me it was a sad remnant of a horrible day, but to people around the world, maybe a piece of the Derry Flood of 2018 is something that would appeal to them. Maybe they will feel like they have a connection, even if they have never visited.
    So, I am going to be bottling it in a limited number of test tubes, corking it, packaging it with a little story and photo, and selling it for a nominal price in the coming months. That’s right, I moved to Bangor to sell books, but that plan will be augmented with a little piece of Derry manuscript dirt in the near future. While I didn’t want to ask people to send me money when the flood occurred, as I didn’t feel comfortable with that, if you would like to help me out, and have a little souvenir in the process, please buy my dirt.

God Bless.
    Gerald
    Hey St. Troy.. "Asshole" is back in the house
    Hey, that's "Asst. Asshole" for you. I believe I am the reigning champ here, no? lol lol

I haven't been following the tragedy super close, and it is a tragedy no doubt. I converse with, Gerald from time to time and he is a very good guy IMHO, if a little thin skinned. Anyway, has anyone considered that that the "Dirt Thing" may just be a tongue in cheek way of couching donations to the situation? May have even been suggested by a well wisher. Personally I just don't see real collectors purchasing these things for collecting purposes. I can see folks buying them solely to show support for a fellow collector and a bad situation.

Just two cents from the resident "Sr. Asshole" around these here parts, lol. I don't see the big deal here. Either you want to help out or you don't. Certainly your perogative solely. Folks can't be considering these as bonafide collectibles can they? I view it more along the lines of purchasing tire tracks from "Christine", keys to room 217 or dirt from the old "Yankee Stadium" Cool conversation pieces that show you helped out is all. Of course that's just one man's opinion. Now I'm off to throw the gentleman a few bucks to show my support.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Where the hell did this come from: "When a water main pipe bursts, it exceeds over 200 psi+" - this is plain & simple exaggerated horseshit. (Read up on firefighting and why they use pumps) 80-100 is closer to the norm (125 psi is usually considered borderline dangerous)
    http://www.watts.com/pages/learnAbou...s.asp?catId=64

Pressure in water supply mains can exceed 200psi.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, who gives a fuck in the end about what pressure it was and weither or not he did a mistake?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Personally, if a burst water main destroyed 2000 items of my personal collection that I had moved the the basement temporarily, my priorities would be:
    - trying to recover what I could
    - figuring out what insurance would and would not cover
    - trying to clean up the whole mess so I could reopen for business
    - trying not to blame myself for having the stuff in the basement in the first place
    - keeping well-wishers informed of what was going on, as time permitted

Posting photographic proof of the extent of the damage so complete strangers can be assured that I'm not lying would not be on that list, let alone near the top.

HBJ

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Ok, who gives a fuck in the end about what pressure it was and weither or not he did a mistake?
    Because if he has been misinformed about the specificities of water pressure it obviously means he is lying about the whole thing.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Personally, if a burst water main destroyed 2000 items of my personal collection that I had moved the the basement temporarily, my priorities would be:
    - trying to recover what I could
    - figuring out what insurance would and would not cover
    - trying to clean up the whole mess so I could reopen for business
    - trying not to blame myself for having the stuff in the basement in the first place
    - keeping well-wishers informed of what was going on, as time permitted

Posting photographic proof of the extent of the damage so complete strangers can be assured that I'm not lying would not be on that list, let alone near the top.

HBJ
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast