Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 254 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

At least we got this sequel:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was that two moons I saw?

Looks like they might be going for 'other planet' which is a shame.

It looks very nice though, but it felt rather clichéd in places. Hopefully the full film will provide a nice balance. I wasn't keen on Roland's Hit-girl style loading of his revolvers. The part where he loads them at super - speed, seemingly pouring the shells into their chambers was good and somehow fitting, though.

Overall : very cool, but perhaps a bit too cool. As a trailer that doesn't, mean much though. I just hope they don't turn this into an inane action movie. CRASH, BANG, WALLOP! LOOK, ROLAND'S DOING COOL STUFF WITH HIS SHOOTERS, etc.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Was that two moons I saw?
    That detail troubled me too.

I wasn't keen on Roland's Hit-girl style loading of his revolvers...very cool, but perhaps a bit too cool.
    Excellent description; that's how I felt.

I just hope they don't turn this into an inane action movie. CRASH, BANG, WALLOP! LOOK, ROLAND'S DOING COOL STUFF WITH HIS SHOOTERS, etc.
    Yes; if they try to make Spiderman of the Old West out of this, that will suck.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Technically Mid world would be a different planet. Albeit it being one in a different universe on a Tower_Level most likely.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

On a semi-unrelated note, I've been listening to the audio books for the first time in order to prep myself for the film (it's been several years since I read the novels). And when listening to The Gunslinger, it pains me that the powers-that-be aren't taking a more Sergio Leone-esque approach to it. I understand why, and I do think Nikolaj Arcel has a very strong sense of his own aesthetic, but I was imagining a Leone film made circa 1968, with Clint Eastwood hot on the trail of Jason Robards's Walter, with Woody Strode as Cort, Henry Fonda as Steven Deschain and Lee van Cleef as Marten. As I listened to it over the course of a weekend's walks, I whittled down sequences and restructured it in my head to make it more palatable to a film's runtime (i.e. Roland telling Jake about Tull rather than Brown, folding the oracle's prophecy into Walter's own at the end, etc.) and I've never quite liked the idea of Walter/Marten/Flagg all being one single being, as I prefer to think of Flagg as the originally-intended Ageless Stranger/Beast that Roland had to contend with before he got to the Tower, rather than folding him into Walter/Marten after Book 4.

I know this isn't all that pertinent to the film we're getting (one I am still very much anticipating), but I do long for a standalone Gunslinger adaptation shot in those sweeping panoramic vistas of Italian hardpan desert.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Country for Old Men's aesthetic IMO would work for the first book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone on reddit got a poster with the july release date. I wonder if collectors are gonna hunt that one down, compared to august release date.
    Obviously would have been cool to have some promo item with the february release date, but nothing was set yet, right?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In my head I always imagined The Gunslinger as something of a cross between The Proposition and District 9.

Strong, sun baked scenery with sleek sci-fi visuals.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this contest has been posted yet.

http://studios.ign.com/darktowercont...ign=dark-tower

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I broke the rules of the contest. LOL LOL

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    How? I cannot even enter
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I like how it says "Submissions must refer to The Dark Tower movie only". How can I be the ultimate Dark Tower movie fan when it hasn't even come out yet?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I entered with a written submission. However I reference King many times. When I clicked "enter' it said thank you for your submission or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How? I cannot even enter

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How? I cannot even enter
    I am in Canada.. US only.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Mr. Star. That sucks.

How? I cannot even enter
    I am in Canada.. US only.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I like those!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always favored posters that feature a strong, singular image. That Roland poster is perfect.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Someone on reddit got a poster with the july release date. I wonder if collectors are gonna hunt that one down, compared to august release date.
    Obviously would have been cool to have some promo item with the february release date, but nothing was set yet, right?
    Several of those were readily available for a modest price just a few weeks ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I like how it says "Submissions must refer to The Dark Tower movie only". How can I be the ultimate Dark Tower movie fan when it hasn't even come out yet?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...-of-the-series
    After a long and winding road, we're finally nearing the finish line on our long journey to The Dark Tower film. The magnum opus of renowned author Stephen King, The Dark Tower tells the story of Roland the Gunslinger (Idris Elba), and his quest to stop The Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey) from destroying existence. In such, The Dark Tower acts as a nexus of King's works -- it pulls in elements of everything from The Stand and Insomnia, to Salem's Lot and The Shining.

We recently sat down with Stephen King and discussed everything from his love of the casting choices, to his thoughts on the recent rise of cinematic universes. You can check out that larger interview here. But there were still a few things we talked about that related to the past, present, and future of The Dark Tower.

The recently-released trailer contains plenty of nods to King’s other works, including a photograph of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining, as well as the ruins of an amusement park with a sign that reads Pennywise, the demon clown from It. However, one element that isn’t in the trailer is actually King’s favorite easter egg in the movie. While he was knowingly vague to avoid spoilers, he did give us this: “If viewers who are familiar with my work look very closely, they might see Cujo. Keep an eye out for Cujo in New York City.” For those who don't know, Cujo is the titular rabid St. Bernard from the novel and film.

Shifting gears a bit, I asked King about things that are notably absent from this film, particularly the trio of Eddie, Susannah, and Oy. While King was passionate about how much he loved this cinematic adaptation of his work after seeing an early screening, he did reply, “I miss them. I miss all three of them. They’re my friends from many adventures and many happy hours creating these stories. Obviously one of the reasons I hope this movie is a big success is that in the next one, they could bring Eddie and Susannah and Oy into the story in some way."

Stephen King is obviously going to have a very big summer, with The Dark Tower coming out on August 4th, and IT hitting theaters on September 8th. To this, King responded, "I thought that the trailer was terrific, and I’ve seen the movie, and I think it’s also terrific. I think people are going to be very pleased with both that and The Dark Tower. I’m very fortunate that these two movies are opening only weeks apart, and both are very good.”

We'll have much more on The Dark Tower leading up to its August 4th release.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Eddie, Susannah, or Oy... can't help but feel bummed as well. Still excited and will watch with an open mind, but no Ka-tet, just seems, well, again bummer.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They'll be in the next movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 254 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast