Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 567 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hi guys, I've decided to take the plunge into collecting the early, 1st edition King paperbacks (both the US and the UK editions, focusing on anything pre-1990). I think there's a few pb collectors here? Would anyone know where I can find a document outlining the 1st edition specifiers of the UK and US 1st pbs? (The US pbs seem self-evident (full number line, Signet, etc) but the UKs seem trickier.
    Do you already have a UK Carrie 1st/1st PB? I think I still have a pretty nice copy lying around... (I also collect the early paperbacks but I haven't pursued the UK ones after I quit collecting UK 1sts). Nice copies of Carrie aren't easy to find.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hi guys, I've decided to take the plunge into collecting the early, 1st edition King paperbacks (both the US and the UK editions, focusing on anything pre-1990). I think there's a few pb collectors here? Would anyone know where I can find a document outlining the 1st edition specifiers of the UK and US 1st pbs? (The US pbs seem self-evident (full number line, Signet, etc) but the UKs seem trickier.
    Do you already have a UK Carrie 1st/1st PB? I think I still have a pretty nice copy lying around... (I also collect the early paperbacks but I haven't pursued the UK ones after I quit collecting UK 1sts). Nice copies of Carrie aren't easy to find.
    No I don't, Michael..! PM Sent...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... upon closer inspection my copy looks to be a later printing. It has the cover of the 1st ed. but the copyright page states: "First published in Great Britain by New English Library Ltd, 1974. First NEL Open Market Edition 1975. This Edition July 1975."

That's a bummer. I always thought that there was only one printing with this particular cover art...

Sorry!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First edition UK paperback novels are a nightmare...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hmmm... upon closer inspection my copy looks to be a later printing. It has the cover of the 1st ed. but the copyright page states: "First published in Great Britain by New English Library Ltd, 1974. First NEL Open Market Edition 1975. This Edition July 1975."

That's a bummer. I always thought that there was only one printing with this particular cover art...

Sorry!
    No problem, Michael. Yes, it seems the "This Edition July 1975" is the part that shouldn't be there for the 1st (the example in Paul's paperback catalogue doesn't;t have that second line). However, that kind of description on the copyright page is similar to the UK Night Shift 1st copyright page in Paul's catalogue: "An NEL Open Market Edition Feb 1979. This NEL Edition April 1979". Perhaps the 1st can look like this? Or that record of the Night Shift may be incorrect and shouldn't have the "April 1979" statement?

Anyway, the hunt continues (as Lemmy Kilimister once growled, "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch").

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral
    Anyway, the hunt continues (as Lemmy Kilimister once growled, "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch").
    Is that what he said?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral
    Is that what he said?
    \m/ \m/

And he also said he "liked a little wiz"...

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hey everybody, my absolute holy grail of Stephen King books is Subterranean's lettered edition of "The Shining". I am about to start the long grind of saving up. I see one on eBay for over $6,000. According to another website, I should be looking for them between 3 and 4 grand. Which valuation is correct?
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Hey everybody, my absolute holy grail of Stephen King books is Subterranean's lettered edition of "The Shining". I am about to start the long grind of saving up. I see one on eBay for over $6,000. According to another website, I should be looking for them between 3 and 4 grand. Which valuation is correct?
    4K is closer to market than 6k. Otherwise the one on ebay for over 6k would be gone.

FYI, your link is corrupt (not working/visible).

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    4K is closer to market than 6k. Otherwise the one on ebay for over 6k would be gone.

I figured, thanks. Link works for me, weird.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I figured, thanks. Link works for me, weird.
    https://www.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Shining-Signed-Lettered-2013-SF-Fantasy-Horror-Signed

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all! Thoughts on this signature? Much appreciated. [IMG][/IMG]

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say ‘’. Too many stop points and shaky.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FAKE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I would say ‘’. Too many stop points and shaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    FAKE
    Ok, thanks guys. Kind of where I was leaning.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Can’t find anything about this in the catalog. It’s a US Green Mile box set that came with a Windows Screensaver. I’m guessing it’s not valuable but curious if it’s rare. Does anyone know more about it?

Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Can’t find anything about this in the catalog. It’s a US Green Mile box set that came with a Windows Screensaver. I’m guessing it’s not valuable but curious if it’s rare. Does anyone know more about it?

I got one last year for about 8$ shipped with the screensaver and still in the original shrinkwrap (though it had been opened).

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Thanks, Tommy. Figured it wasn’t anything special but hell, you never know.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought one when it came out and used the screensaver for awhile, until I upgraded my PC. It's a nice item to own.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also bought one when they first came out but I left it in the shrink wrap. I remember some discussion about whether they were all first printings or not.

John

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I also bought one when they first came out but I left it in the shrink wrap. I remember some discussion about whether they were all first printings or not.

John
    The one that I bought only had a first print of the last book in the series and the rest were later printings.

My Mood
    Chatty

Steve, I kind of wish I had an old floppy drive so I could check it out. Do you remember what the screensaver images are?

John, none in my set are first printings. They’re all closer to tenth printing. That’s pretty neat you’ve still got them in shrink wrap.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would never own this mostly cause it would contaminate anything next to it...
    The book is trying to reject the signature, you can see it trying to wiggle off the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Hey all! Thoughts on this signature? Much appreciated. [IMG][/IMG]

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I would never own this mostly cause it would contaminate anything next to it...
    The book is trying to reject the signature, you can see it trying to wiggle off the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Hey all! Thoughts on this signature? Much appreciated.

Stephen King is supposed to be scary, but that's terrifying!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Steve, I kind of wish I had an old floppy drive so I could check it out. Do you remember what the screensaver images are?

John, none in my set are first printings. They’re all closer to tenth printing. That’s pretty neat you’ve still got them in shrink wrap.
    I think it was a haunted house, and various 'scary' things would appear in the windows, doors, over the moon, with sounds.

I do have an old PC with a floppy drive. I use it sometimes to access my older files.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 567 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 ... LastLast