Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 151 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will watch to the end because that is how I am and I am a huge fan of the comics BUT it's not just casual fans that have stopped watching it. The writing on this show has just gotten terrible. My wife and I rewatched the first few seasons and were blown away by how much better it was. You forget if you haven't seen them in awhile. The character development is pretty much gone. There is not one person beyond the people introduced in season 1-3 or maybe 4 that I care if they live or die. I have no connection to them in any way. It's still fun and like I said I will watch but I am not going to defend it either...it's pretty bad at this point.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    The problem on that front is that Rick and crew have become to good at killing zombies. It would seem silly for them to suddenly have a hard time with one. So now you either have to show a side character who isn't as good at fighting or have a huge horde. (Or an armored zombie.) The other thing is that the zombies are getting so rotten that Carol doesn't need any force to kill them with a road sign. At some point they are just going to be moaning puddles of flesh.
    Yup, this was inevitable. Like you said, in large groups, they are still a concern. That said, that's why you have to get creative with the situations. The episode with the carnival is a good example of that. You have two badass characters who are threatened by a rather small size horde, yet it quickly unravels and puts them in peril.

I will take it one step further that would have made the episode better. When they fall through the roof, it would have been a perfect opportunity. Think about how cool this would have been. They fall through the roof and land on the bed. They have a light moment of laughter, and THEN arms wrap around them! They've landed on a bed with two walkers laying in it. Once they escape the bed, they realize the room is packed with walkers. In the fall, they've both lost their weapons and now need to fight their way out with whatever they can find. That would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I will watch to the end because that is how I am and I am a huge fan of the comics BUT it's not just casual fans that have stopped watching it. The writing on this show has just gotten terrible. My wife and I rewatched the first few seasons and were blown away by how much better it was. You forget if you haven't seen them in awhile. The character development is pretty much gone. There is not one person beyond the people introduced in season 1-3 or maybe 4 that I care if they live or die. I have no connection to them in any way. It's still fun and like I said I will watch but I am not going to defend it either...it's pretty bad at this point.
    You're completely right, I have some friends who were die-hard genre fans that bailed too, so it does happen. I'm like you, I will stick with it until the end regardless. I don't enjoy it like I used to, but it's still better than a lot of the stuff out there.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    it's still better than a lot of the stuff out there.

Absolutely. Even when I am super critical and down on the show I am still holding it to a higher standard than other TV shows.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it as much as I ever have. I think that what some people have not embraced is the very fact that the show as evolved away from a zombiefest and instead it is becoming more/less human. As people have noted, zombies are no longer the threat they once were, and some can't seem to accept that. I would not change a thing. To lose out on the Michonnne Rick moment just to have zombie arms come up on them around the mattress is not a tradeoff I would take. The ratings have not dropped nearly as much as people would have you believe.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I'm rarely critical of the show. Like 24, I've always accepted it and love it for what it is despite it's flaws. As has been said, it's still better than most of the television landscape, so complaining too much seems like a waste of energy. Of course, I think the biggest problem with the show right now is Daryl's character, but many fans would castrate me for such blasphemy lol. I just don't see the point in complaining much when I know I'll be watching the next episode anyways. Some things do stand out though, like that terrible reunion scene at the end of the mid-season finale. You know something is really bad when I'm even pointing it out haha.

The forbes reviews are hilarious because that guy just hates the show so much and nitpicks it to the utmost extreme.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I love it as much as I ever have. I think that what some people have not embraced is the very fact that the show as evolved away from a zombiefest and instead it is becoming more/less human. As people have noted, zombies are no longer the threat they once were, and some can't seem to accept that. I would not change a thing. To lose out on the Michonnne Rick moment just to have zombie arms come up on them around the mattress is not a tradeoff I would take. The ratings have not dropped nearly as much as people would have you believe.
    I have no problem with the show moving away from the zombies, that was always inevitable. My problem is that in recent years the show has focused more and more on characters nobody gives a shit about. Tonight was a perfect example of that. Both of those ladies are just bland. They have some kind of beef over Abraham that's barely been hinted at, that nobody gives a shit about anyway.

At least we finally got to see Maggie deal with Glenn's death. Only took 14 episodes.

I know you have issues with Daryl, but at least he's someone we are invested in. He's also an engaging actor. Maybe you don't feel the connection because he wasn't in the books.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

With Daryl the problem is he hasn't grown in like five seasons. Him getting Glenn killed should have been a turning point, but it hasn't been. It's made him worse. He's a hot-head who lets his emotions control him and he gets people hurt and killed, and so far this season he still doesn't get it...between him making negotiations with Gregory and Ezekiel difficult, disobeying Rick and leaving the Kingdom, and now about to kill that savior. He makes the dumbest decisions on the show, which I could see being his character, but he's also mister competent survivalist, so it's so contradictory. I've been just wanting him to die for the past season. At the very least it would shake the foundation. Since Rick, Carl, and Michonne are essentially the truly safe characters (presumably), and Glenn dead, the only 3 foundation shaking deaths that can happen are Maggie, Daryl, and Carol, and at least one of them has to die during the conflict with Negan, so I hope it's Daryl.

All I know is next episode (I hope) we're getting one of my favourite comic scenes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    With Daryl the problem is he hasn't grown in like five seasons. Him getting Glenn killed should have been a turning point, but it hasn't been. It's made him worse. He's a hot-head who lets his emotions control him and he gets people hurt and killed, and so far this season he still doesn't get it.
    We all know people that don't change, though. We also all know people who are hot heads that let their emotions get the best of them and in return, get people hurt.

I know it's a TV show, so growth is something we should expect in a character, but some people don't change. That said, there's still time for him. I also think he has changed in some aspects. I think he's more open and inclined to be part of a group, as opposed to always being a loner.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah for sure, but in terms of a narrative, characters should face a challenge which directly addresses their greatest conflict, and generally, if they overcome, they grow and get rewarded or they fail, they stay the same and get punished. There is still more time for Daryl for make the change, though I am afraid that him saying 'it's my fault' and Maggie saying 'it's not your fault' will make it so he learns nothing. I hope they don't just drop it. I was excited that Daryl's character would make a big shift this season, but I haven't seen it yet.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With Daryl the problem is he hasn't grown in like five seasons. Him getting Glenn killed should have been a turning point, but it hasn't been. It's made him worse. He's a hot-head who lets his emotions control him and he gets people hurt and killed, and so far this season he still doesn't get it...between him making negotiations with Gregory and Ezekiel difficult, disobeying Rick and leaving the Kingdom, and now about to kill that savior. He makes the dumbest decisions on the show, which I could see being his character, but he's also mister competent survivalist, so it's so contradictory. I've been just wanting him to die for the past season. At the very least it would shake the foundation. Since Rick, Carl, and Michonne are essentially the truly safe characters (presumably), and Glenn dead, the only 3 foundation shaking deaths that can happen are Maggie, Daryl, and Carol, and at least one of them has to die during the conflict with Negan, so I hope it's Daryl.

All I know is next episode (I hope) we're getting one of my favourite comic scenes.
    Would love to know what scene your referring too.... did it happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Have you read the comics? And the scene would happen either this next episode, or the episode after.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Have you read the comics?
    Not for some time

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you've read All Out War then I won't be giving anything away (this isn't a major spoiler otherwise, but a minor one)

COMIC SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    The scene I am talking about will be Sasha, Holly in the comics, held prison at the sanctuary. One of Negan's men sees her tied up and attempts to rape her. Negan sees this before he can do much more than rip her clothes. Negan then reveals a lot about himself. He says that when the war is over and the dust settles, and they win, they still need to work with these people. He says "We want a community which works together, and that can't happen if they sink to such inhuman levels." He then says, "repeat after me. We. Don't. Rape." And his man repeat him and Negan sticks his knife through his neck. He then says he needed Holly to see that so she can see they aren't monsters.

The scene is what truly differentiated Negan and The Governor and really showed a lot of who Negan actually is. He might be sadistic enough to make jokes while bashing in some Asian guy's skull in front of his friends and family, but he refused to allow sexual assault and rape and the punishment for the crime is death.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you've read All Out War then I won't be giving anything away (this isn't a major spoiler otherwise, but a minor one)

COMIC SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    The scene I am talking about will be Sasha, Holly in the comics, held prison at the sanctuary. One of Negan's men sees her tied up and attempts to rape her. Negan sees this before he can do much more than rip her clothes. Negan then reveals a lot about himself. He says that when the war is over and the dust settles, and they win, they still need to work with these people. He says "We want a community which works together, and that can't happen if they sink to such inhuman levels." He then says, "repeat after me. We. Don't. Rape." And his man repeat him and Negan sticks his knife through his neck. He then says he needed Holly to see that so she can see they aren't monsters.

The scene is what truly differentiated Negan and The Governor and really showed a lot of who Negan actually is. He might be sadistic enough to make jokes while bashing in some Asian guy's skull in front of his friends and family, but he refused to allow sexual assault and rape and the punishment for the crime is death.
    Wow. Very cool

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Negan when when his menace is a little more subdued. The scene in the cell with Sasha and Rapey Davey (lol) is a perfect example.

Also, I want Rosita, Eugene, and Sasha to all go out at the same time because they annoy the hell out of me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I like Negan when when his menace is a little more subdued. The scene in the cell with Sasha and Rapey Davey (lol) is a perfect example.

Also, I want Rosita, Eugene, and Sasha to all go out at the same time because they annoy the hell out of me.

And, Negan doesn't? Always accentuating the second to last word in every sentence with the staccato cadence!!! Kill this guy already!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find Carl to be the most annoying. Someone give that fucker a haircut!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Learn to love Negan. Because you will. He grows on you, like flesh eating bacteria.

I was a little underwhelmed with the rapey dave scene. Mostly because they held back on the attempted rape just a little bit too much (in the comics, the character of Holly has her shirt ripped down the middle and he'd pulled down her pants) and I think it lost a bit of impact. But they lacked the main point of the scene because it takes place earlier in the series than in the comics, though not by much. The scene in the comics really established Negan's, and The Saviors, goals, and it really drove home the point of rape. But I did love the line of "I wouldn't want to live any place where they allowed it."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Learn to love Negan. Because you will. He grows on you, like flesh eating bacteria.

I was a little underwhelmed with the rapey dave scene. Mostly because they held back on the attempted rape just a little bit too much (in the comics, the character of Holly has her shirt ripped down the middle and he'd pulled down her pants) and I think it lost a bit of impact. But they lacked the main point of the scene because it takes place earlier in the series than in the comics, though not by much. The scene in the comics really established Negan's, and The Saviors, goals, and it really drove home the point of rape. But I did love the line of "I wouldn't want to live any place where they allowed it."
    Sorry. In the show he is becoming comical & a PITA idiot. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Agreed. He is not interesting and certainly doesn't add much of anything to the show. It is like governor 2.0 but developed by Seth Green, Seth Rogen, and a bag of irradiated pot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Agreed. He is not interesting and certainly doesn't add much of anything to the show. It is like governor 2.0 but developed by Seth Green, Seth Rogen, and a bag of irradiated pot.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

He's comical in the comics too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

And, Negan doesn't? Always accentuating the second to last word in every sentence with the staccato cadence!!! Kill this guy already!!! lol lol
    I think I might have developed a bit of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Negan lol.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan is nothing like The Governor.

Country
    Country Flag

Negan is growing on me... slowly. I wish he would lay off the accenting of his words too. But he is growing on me.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 151 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast