Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I know it's early, but still I want to thank...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Done Bill. I like round numbers too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What a freaking, AWESOME community!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, didn't we forget to say,

$6,000!!!

On a $2500 original goal, Frickin awesome !!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got one last trick up my sleeve!!!! New Auction item coming and it's a beauty!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it and it's amazing! Great and unique item.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I got one last trick up my sleeve!!!! New Auction item coming and it's a beauty!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I try my best, but this one goes out to, Ned. He is a very dedicated fellow and a true supporter like, Rachel, Erin, Alex, Don, Mark, Glen and Jill. Did I miss someone?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The bad news is that my final tally/$$ guess is now shot! LOL.

I try my best, but this one goes out to, Ned. He is a very dedicated fellow and a true supporter like, Rachel, Erin, Alex, Don, Mark, Glen and Jill. Did I miss someone?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but you should have known "The Haven Fund Whore" always has a surprise for you folks!!!

Spoiler:
    Hey, it's my JOB!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha I was thinking the same thing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Ha I was thinking the same thing.
    Moral of the story? Always consult the HF Whore!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My dear and respected friends, the 2014 Haven Fund Raiser is complete for this year and you may all, at your will, convert back to your previous, "Non-Minion" avatars and signatures. Many thanks from all the HF "Management" for your help and support!!! Without your participation and generosity this would be a doomed venture!!! Thanks again and we will see you next year!!!!

Spoiler:
    I would also like to add that this is, by far, the most AMAZING online community available on the World - Wide - Web!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I know a lot of praise goes to the members and RF for their work/donations etc each year, and while the goals set couldn't be reached without a combined effort, I'd like to say a big thank you to you for the work you put in.

I know there were some comments made throughout the fundraising period that shouldn't have been made (IMO) from some members that had a bit of an impact on your presence here, but I'm glad to see you've continued to do your magic throughout, and hope you won't step back too far next year!

So Bill, great work my friend and thank you for all your efforts!

Spoiler:
    I'm hoping a little thank you gift may have arrived by now???

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Bill, I know a lot of praise goes to the members and RF for their work/donations etc each year, and while the goals set couldn't be reached without a combined effort, I'd like to say a big thank you to you for the work you put in.

I know there were some comments made throughout the fundraising period that shouldn't have been made (IMO) from some members that had a bit of an impact on your presence here, but I'm glad to see you've continued to do your magic throughout, and hope you won't step back too far next year!

So Bill, great work my friend and thank you for all your efforts!

Spoiler:
    I'm hoping a little thank you gift may have arrived by now???
    Well, I truly understand that some do not quite "get" where my enthusiasm for this comes from and that is quite okay. I don't really do well with "Thank You's", but nonetheless I appreciate your thoughts and well wishes. To me it's all about raising funds for a good cause. I apologize to those I have offended in my zealousness. I really do think the "Haven Fund" needs a new "Face", but I intend to help out behind the scenes as much, if not more so, if someone else is willing to take the "Mantle".

I realize now that it is probably too late, but no thank you's, gifts or otherwise are necessary. I do what I do for my own reasons is all.

Spoiler:
    Of course, someone has to make, Jerome look good!!!! Ouch, just ducked a thrown plate!!! LOL LOL Now where the hell did that come from? LOL Many thanks to all of you absolutely wonderful and generous people!!!

Spoiler:
    While I appreciate the unnecessary "thank you's", the real person to thank is, Jerome. I may break his balls more than most, but he by far, does the work required to make this a success every year!! Jerome?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great fundraiser and it's amazing to me the work that is put into this (Congrats to everyone involved). The results are staggering when you consider how very small this community is.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great fundraiser and it's amazing to me the work that is put into this (Congrats to everyone involved). The results are staggering when you consider how very small this community is.
    As far as the HF goes, the names may change, but the overall participation remains remarkably consistent. Nevertheless, this is an extremely "giving and generous" community and you can all give yourselves a pat on the back!! Amazing folks are found here!!!

It isn't "official" (until, Jerome, The "Director" says), but I think by my crude calculations that we have again entered new territory for the overall, Grand Total of this year' HAVEN Fundraiser!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to add my personal thanks to Bill and Jerome for letting me play this year. It's been great fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it!
    Some of you that also got down and dirty will know just how much of both Bill's and Jerome's time is taken up with this, not just during the official fund raising period but for a considerable part of the preceding year getting items ready for auction, brow beating artists and publishers, etc. On that note, a big thank you to all the artists as well who have produced some great work - lets not forget folks this is their job - it's the same as you and I going to work for a week (or more) and donating all our wages to charity!

Finally thanks every one who donated. Start saving, next year will be even better!

Wow feels weird to see my old Avatar again
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

And to lose your scrolling user title.
    You can now change it to what you wish.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'd like to add my personal thanks to Bill and Jerome for letting me play this year. It's been great fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it!
    Some of you that also got down and dirty will know just how much of both Bill's and Jerome's time is taken up with this, not just during the official fund raising period but for a considerable part of the preceding year getting items ready for auction, brow beating artists and publishers, etc. On that note, a big thank you to all the artists as well who have produced some great work - lets not forget folks this is their job - it's the same as you and I going to work for a week (or more) and donating all our wages to charity!

Finally thanks every one who donated. Start saving, next year will be even better!

Hey, I do all the "Thanking" around here, mate!! LOL Seriously though, you were a LOT of help and I look forward to working with you again next year. Even though my role will be much more subdued.

I hear all you folks out there going, "Finally, we'll be rid of that ass"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All the enthusiastic participants, so far, in the "2014 Haven Fund Raiser"!!! Believe it or not, you guys have reinvigorated me in the charity and I forsee this year as one of our most successful yet!!!

Join the "HF Minions"!!!! And "Donate" to the "Haven Fund'!!!!

"Minions"

Stroppygoblin
    Sirfolio16
    Ben Staad
    Ben Eads
    Jimimck
    Jon
    CRinVA
    Cit74
    Dan
    Dnemec
    George @ C-Springs
    Ladysai
    Alan_G
    IcryforOy
    Webstar1000
    Joe315
    Becca69
    Stkmo2
    Cyberghostface
    Scoogs
    Room217 Caretaker
    FSMDR
    Fall of Gilead
    Br!an
    Priest
    Explorer
    Bdwyer19
    Lost Rose
    Rachel Readman
    Garrell
    Mattgreenbean
    SGC1999
    Amber
    Patrick
    Shaq
    Nerak

Do you have what it takes to be one of my "Minions"???????

"Honorary Minions"!!

Bad Penny
    Wizardsrainbow
    Randall Flagg
    Tippy4
    Alex McVey
    Ned Daneron
    Erin Wells
    Glenn Chadbourne
    Don Maitz
    Jill Bauman
    Mark Edward Geyer
    Dick Olson
    Jhanic
    Shannon
    Very Fine Books
    Kingfan24
    Well, now it doesn't seem to be so premature!!! Many thanks to all my "Minions" this year, who helped us reach, yet again, unprecedented heights in our Fund Raising goals!! The official/unofficial grand total is $13,750.00!! So we kinda blew past the stated goal, once again!!! Great Job, folks!!! "Minions" was definitely this years' flavor. What will next years' be?

I think I speak for all when I say that in addition to raising a crap load of money for a good cause, we all had a blast doing so!!

My humble "Thanks" to everyone on this site that even participated. The smallest contribution leads directly to the largest!!

Thanks again and, See you all next year!!!

Spoiler:
    It's "Official", you may all return, as you wish, to your previous "Avatars and Sigs". Many thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3