Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

The opening felt long at first, but I do really appreciate them just showing part of one scene as opposed to spoiling a lot of beats. And I got chills during the final montage, especially recognizing bits from the book.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Aww man, that looks awesome!!!! Can't wait!!! It opens the day after my birthday, guess I know what I want!!! lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the movie will be good, but I found the trailer pretty lackluster:

Spoiler:
    It opens with over 2 minutes with Bev and Mrs. Kersh - while this scene no doubt works in context of the movie, it makes for a loooooong 2 minutes here.

Then we have several random short cuts, which is usually what you get at the end of a trailer, but nothing here stayed on screen long enough to build atmosphere/anticipation

Compare to the trailer for part 1, which was the total opposite:
    - less than a minute setting up Georgie's death
    - a montage-thing showing a curfew notice and a missing child poster with a voice-over discussing Derry's history of deaths and disappearances
    - conversations among the kids, culminating in Pennywise's slideshow
    ...which all leads to a series of semi-random cuts, but they are pretty damn creepy given what's been set up.

I know - it doesn't matter how good the trailer is, or which trailer is better; it's just that today's was the only small bite we are allowed for now, and I really wanted to enjoy it more than I did.

...here's waiting for trailer 2.
    See I LOVED what they did. Totally different than todays trailers of showing you every scene in the movie in 2 mins. And we know nothing.. the way it should be!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Spoiler:
    It opens with over 2 minutes with Bev and Mrs. Kersh - while this scene no doubt works in context of the movie, it makes for a loooooong 2 minutes here.

Then we have several random short cuts, which is usually what you get at the end of a trailer, but nothing here stayed on screen long enough to build atmosphere/anticipation

- a montage-thing showing a curfew notice and a missing child poster with a voice-over discussing Derry's history of deaths and disappearances
    ...which all leads to a series of semi-random cuts, but they are pretty damn creepy given what's been set up.

I know - it doesn't matter how good the trailer is, or which trailer is better; it's just that today's was the only small bite we are allowed for now, and I really wanted to enjoy it more than I did.

See I LOVED what they did. Totally different than todays trailers of showing you every scene in the movie in 2 mins. And we know nothing.. the way it should be!

Can't argue with you there, Kris!!! You hit the proverbial clown on the head!! That is one excellently crafted trailer!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:

Can't argue with you there, Kris!!! You hit the proverbial clown on the head!! That is one excellently crafted trailer!!!
    AND now my good sir... I am going to watch one more time it was so creepy! LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spoiler:

Yes, I always say the less they show the better when it comes to trailers. I actually hope they don't release any more trailers before the movie comes out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After this I'm going to refrain from watching any more trailers. I want to go in with very little prior knowledge of what they filmed.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    ...I do really appreciate them just showing part of one scene as opposed to spoiling a lot of beats.
    Totally different than todays trailers of showing you every scene in the movie in 2 mins. And we know nothing.. the way it should be!
    Avoiding the tendency to give it all away (as most trailers do) was definitely a positive side effect of the approach they took.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on the quality of that trailer, the value of the IT S/L has now very likely substantially increased.

Time to watch the secondary market very closely boys and girls.... This shit is gonna "float".

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Based on the quality of that trailer, the value of the IT S/L has now very likely substantially increased.

Time to watch the secondary market very closely boys and girls.... This shit is gonna "float".
    I have to disagree.
    There will be a FLOOD of IT stuff coming. Just watch.... over supply. Everyone has been stock piling and hoarding for this moment. Supply and demand in full effect my friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to disagree.
    There will be a FLOOD of IT stuff coming. Just watch.... over supply. Everyone has been stock piling and hoarding for this moment. Supply and demand in full effect my friends!

Everyone (meaning you) has been stockpiling?

I don't think prices will be as crazy as preceding the first movie, but there will be new/more attention to the existing rare, or limited supply books, but I do agree that the "hysteria" (Tulip prices) that surrounded the first movie will be significantly less.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I have to disagree.

Everyone (meaning you) has been stockpiling?

I don't think prices will be as crazy as preceding the first movie, but there will be new/more attention to the existing rare, or limited supply books, but I do agree that the "hysteria" (Tulip prices) that surrounded the first movie will be significantly less.
    I won’t be listing a single IT item. So no... not me. But many I deal with... yes. They have been.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I won’t be listing a single IT item. So no... not me. But many I deal with... yes. They have been.
    We shall see...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Looks awesome. That will be the only trailer I watch, just as RF said. Makes the movie wayyyyy better. I saw no trailers for Pet Semetary and I enjoyed it as a result.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Same as rf and Farrell. Avoiding future trailers. The trailers for the revenant revealed what the whole movie was about. Hated the movie as a result. No more trailers for me after that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    We shall see...
    Never know. I agree brother. But that first one was a surprise out of nowhere. No one ever suspected it to be a hit. They do with this... thus the hoarders

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This got over looked in April.

Companion book:
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/books/...on-book-world/
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting! I totally missed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The short film 'Georgie' starring Tony Dakota from the 1990 miniseries is online for a few days here.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...es-back-derry/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    The short film 'Georgie' starring Tony Dakota from the 1990 miniseries is online for a few days here.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...es-back-derry/
    I actually liked that (I'd expected a steaming turd, honestly). It was a bit vague and undefined, but in ways that served it well, I think.

It can't be easy to do a fan fiction sequel that isn't embarrassingly bad. I saw one online for They Live that was also pretty good.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not much new here, really, but a mention of It Chapter 2 in a discussion with Gary Dauberman (screenwriter on the modern It adaptations): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...vision-1220872

He's also working on a new adaptation of Salem's Lot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Andy's next project for WB is The Flash:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast