Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Video Game?

John F. Kennedy Serpent Raptor is on a distinguished road Serpent Raptor's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely

Default Dark Tower Video Game?

How awesome would that be?

It should be like Fallout but on a much bigger scale, and with switchable perspectives.
    You'd have five playable characters--Roland, Eddie, Susannah, Jake, Oy. Which could mean up to four player coop (Oy could be an extra that any player can switch back and forth to)! Imagine jumping at people as Oy, and biting them?

Either release a game for each book (using the same game save so you carry over stats and weapons to the next game?), or as downloads, part by part. You'd follow the events in the game, changing characters throughout. There would be combat, exploration and puzzle solving—heres are just some scenes from the books which would be great in the video game:

• Fighting the Slow Mutants under the mountains
    • Slaughtering the whole Village (Tull)
    • Having to avoid obstacles as you are forced to keep running forward by Gasher
    • Solving Riddles on Blaine.
    • Killing Vampires and Can Toi in the Dixie pig,
    • Going through the mind trap—say at the start of the game it asks you what scares you most, and you select from a list, which then makes the mind trap different for you then someone else?
    • Having a massive battle with the Wolves of course! What would be cool is if the game was in real time, so you could intercept the train with the wolves on and stop them there, or wait till they got to the village, and the farmers would help you fight them! If it was an open world game, you wouldn’t have to stop the wolves a certain way, or even stop them at all!
    • The Battle of Jericho hill, maybe as an unlockable mode?

Maybe there could be an online mode, or the game itself could just be online, and you could be the man in black, trying to stop Roland, who is being played by a mate. The awesome possibilities are endless.

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

I'd prefer it to be a mortal kombat style beat em up, imagine how entertaining it would be to see Sussanah beat the crap out of Sheemie with her wheelchair.

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

I love videogames as much as the next guy, but honestly do not see Dark Tower as being a solid game. However with the big budget movie and tv series it is a real possibility I imagine. When was the last time you played a decent movie tie in game? (NEVER?)
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSweetExile View Post
    I'd prefer it to be a mortal kombat style beat em up, imagine how entertaining it would be to see Sussanah beat the crap out of Sheemie with her wheelchair.
    No, definitely a good ole quest. You walk round and round, cursing and clicking for a missed artefact for a hundredth time, while Roland, Eddie and the rest of them stand where you left them, autistically staring into space and answering your desperate clicks with "There will be water if God wills it" and "Go then. There are other worlds but these" over and over again. To which you have only one single option left, "Thankee sai".

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Oy-vea! As I am not a huge fan of video gaming I'll just say I love the books, possible I will really like a film, but no not at all in with this idea. Who knows? Would Jack Mort and all the other minor creeps be part of it too? How would it effect the story? How could thew charactures do whatever you wanted to do?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

No, definitely a good ole quest. You walk round and round, cursing and clicking for a missed artefact for a hundredth time, while Roland, Eddie and the rest of them stand where you left them, autistically staring into space and answering your desperate clicks with "There will be water if God wills it" and "Go then. There are other worlds but these" over and over again. To which you have only one single option left, "Thankee sai".
    Yeah but fallout 3 was over rated in my opinion, slow and boring.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been into video games most of my life . . . I've often thought about this, but I can't picture it being a good video game. Even more so if it was modeled after Mortal Kombat. That would be horrible.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i was JUST thinking about this the other nite actually. if they made it for one of the systems i DO have a PS2, i don't have a PS3 yet. too much money.

nor do i have a Wii yet. but i'd love to see all the platforms get this on it. & let it be a bloody son of a bitch! my guess you can choose who you would want to play as. or they could do after "Eddie" for example joins the quest the levels can have you play as say "Eddie" on one level "Oy" maybe on another level kinda like how in 'Buffy's: Chaos Bleeds' at least for "Gamecube" i dunno about the other platforms it's on. but on that game one level

we get to play as "buffy' another is "Spike" another is "Faith" & so on. the only one we don't fight as is "Giles" since he prolly would be pretty useless anyways. & that's one of my favorite games! anyways as for this game it could be like that.

i can't see a "Mortal Combat" kind of game & by that i mean on how that game is kickboxing if memory serves me right. my GUESS is they will make a different game with each release. since it's a franchise or will be anyways movie wise. it makes sense that they would do that. but of course this is just me guessing.

I've been into video games most of my life . . . I've often thought about this, but I can't picture it being a good video game. Even more so if it was modeled after Mortal Kombat. That would be horrible.
    What? why would that be horrible? the fact that its a video game means its not meant to be taken seriously and to have a bit of fun, turning it into an RPG like fallout or bioshock would be the obvious predictable thing to do, however, turning into a beat em up with fatalities and babalities, i mean come on how funny would that be !

However, it might be cool if it were modeled after FF7....

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I don't know if you are truly being serious or not . . . Because that IMHO that is . . . Or would be; like I said: Horrible. You would want to turn a TDT video game into a beat 'em up where Susannah does some kind of a handstand and magically kicks a character (not to mention Sheemy) in the face with her wheelchair? And you think that would be cool? Wow.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think there is great potential for The Dark Tower to be a video game. Back a few years ago I imagined the game like Red Dead Revolver. I even broke down how I would divide it up into stages and how the big bosses would work. I look at games like Grand Theft Auto and Dead Red Redemption and can't imagine a better format.

Wow. I don't know if you are truly being serious or not . . . Because that IMHO that is . . . Or would be; like I said: Horrible. You would want to turn a TDT video game into a beat 'em up where Susannah does some kind of a handstand and magically kicks a character (not to mention Sheemy) in the face with her wheelchair? And you think that would be cool? Wow.
    Oh come on its a joke, lighten up ! Fact is making a video game of it is pretty pointless anyway, so if they do, they may as well make something silly like a puzzle fighter or an interactive cooking game for the wii featuring the dixie pig and Roland's secret recipe for gunslinger burrito's !

Off topic, I don't think you can criticise my idea when you have an advent children image when we all know THAT was horrible

Country
    Country Flag

I actually liked it a lot. Great movie to get high to.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

If i got high watching a.c id fall asleep after about 10 minutes, an hour of pointless action sequences and unsatisfying story isn't my idea of a spin off to the greatest game ever created.

Country
    Country Flag

Worthy . . . No. What they should have done was a remake ustilizing nex-gen software. Bujt if you pay attention, there's some actually pretty cool things in there.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

darn straight...i liked Advent Children as well especially the final fight scene. that was epic. Maybe they could make the game with a combination of all the games mentioned here with the Mortal Kombat style as a mini game like they did with ffx and the Blitz ball games....just a thought.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

John F. Kennedy Serpent Raptor is on a distinguished road Serpent Raptor's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely

Also, what if in deathmatch mode you could be a thunderclap wolf--you'd be able to throw sneetches at each toher, and have lightsab--sorry, lightSTICk fights with other wolves!

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mmmyeah!! A massive DT role playing game (i.e. Dragon Age) would be soooo good!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Traveler Terahurts is on a distinguished road

Personally I think a MMORPG would be much more satisfying, pick a role as a 'prentice Gunslinger, or can-toi before the fall of Giliad, with quests based on situations from the books, rather than following the story line. That way the mythology could be woven in without beating the player around the head with it. Given the number of tie-ins to other SK works there is a vast scope for side quests on other worlds via thinnys or twinners etc.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mmmm... maybe. I'm not into MMORPG's though.

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Myste View Post
    mmmm... maybe. I'm not into MMORPG's though.
    Me neither, IMHO a Action/Adventure game would be much better.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm telling you open-world GTA style would be awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Game Set in Stephen King's Dark Tower to Complement Movie/TV Show
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Movie-TV-Show

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

head explodes

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

is it just me or did i read that the script is done? if they are starting to SLOOOOWLY cast i mean. i mean hell i could be wrong. but am i ?

anyways, i can't wait until the video game comes out fellow gunslingers. i hope it's on ALL Platforms. & it isn't a shooting game like the "James Bond"
    games are where it doesn't show your body at all but just the gun you use. kinda like the old game "Duck Hunt" on the original "NES" was back in the day. & well for those who don't know i don't want it to be a shooting gallery game to best describe it. but a game where you can play as

characters like Jake & so on. the rest i've already said here. hell i've wanted a game of this series FOR YEARS! & to be honest i thought "SK" would have let say "Nintendo" for example develope a game for it. but i think it's good he didn't cause the graphics will be better & the storyline & so much more. ya know what i mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast