Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Collecting Goals

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2023 Collecting Goals

I enjoy these kind of threads so...let's go.

* Upcoming SK book US proof
    * Upcoming SK UK proof
    * Upcoming SK manuscript
    * Pet Sematary US proof 1st state
    * At least 1 of the 19 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 2 of the 25 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * The two 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 22 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 1 more book signed by King of the 44 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L KING book of the 8 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 25 I'm missing
    * At least 1 of the four annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 26 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 153 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

Grail list:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * A copy of The Drum newspaper with a King piece in it.
    * One of the three Comics Review fanzine with a part of I was a teenage grave robber.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine has not really changed all year from last.... these are HARD to find books.... I would LOVE to find just one:

-Signed/inscribed IT 1st in fine or near fine shape WITH King Balloon!!
    -lettered EOTD
    -Roman Salems black
    -Lettered Danse
    -Fine 2nd Salems
    -SIE (Misery)
    -fine shining 1st
    -lettered Talisman.
    -lettered Tom Gordon
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

A difficult list indeed Kris.
    I have six of them, however as you well know they are not for sale.
    The point is that this appears to be happening more and more, once in a collection these books hardly ever move. There was a time when the lettered “Danse Macabre” could be found (although there is only 15), nowadays you never see one. More easily seen is the way ‘Salems Lot and The Shining have virtually disappeared. Ten years ago you could have had quite a choice, sadly no longer.
    Wish you well in your search, if I hear of anything you will be very quickly informed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    The point is that this appears to be happening more and more, once in a collection these books hardly ever move. There was a time when the lettered “Danse Macabre” could be found (although there is only 15), nowadays you never see one. More easily seen is the way ‘Salems Lot and The Shining have virtually disappeared. Ten years ago you could have had quite a choice, sadly no longer.
    Wish you well in your search, if I hear of anything you will be very quickly informed.
    Thanks mate. I will tell you I am at a point of frustration where now (when never before) I get the feeling to just sell my collection. Perhaps the word frustration is more of 'fatigue'. I have searched high and low And while I have found these... they are not for sale OR are at an incredible level I am not ready to pay financially. Time will tell... and I will keep on going but those thoughts plague me now.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But isnt that part of the thrill of collecting?

Sometimes it's easy to find something you want (it may be expensive, but it's available for whoever can afford), and some other time, no matter how desperately you want something and how much money you have, you simply cannot get or find what you are looking for.
    Far from being close to the value of any of those items, there are some items that I thought I'd never have. And after 10 years or so, it appeared and I had to jump on them!

In my opinion, it's part of the fun of collecting. Building a collection over time. And being proud of the result that took years to build, with some rare items. Just like the holy grails that Ari mentionned.
    It has a different charm than "just" being able to splash some money and get everything you want, right now.

But then, any body please feel free to get me plenty cash to buy that incredible collection out there (wink wink)

---

My 2023 collecting goals are simple.

Especially since I don't really have any more space here, at home :
    - Any new King signed SL that will be released, at issue price if i can
    - Any new King proof : I gave up trying the US ones, so I will stick with the UK ones. I guess there should be either/ and "Holly" and a new novella/short collections
    - Any new french King release : and their proof

And mostly, more expensive, we will likely look to buy some real estate. With whatever we will be able to afford with our income. Hopefully a house, not a flat.
    I'll hate leaving where we live just now, but we can't afford anything here.
    So, hopefully, whatever we'll get will have more space for more books, cause now I really struggle and books really starts piling up in my collection... which saddens me
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not to be redundant but my list is the same as my signature!
    - King Signed Wizard & Glass 1/1
    - King Signed Wolves of the Calla 1/1
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Waste Lands 1/1: Dutch Hill Demon Remarque
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks mate. I will tell you I am at a point of frustration where now (when never before) I get the feeling to just sell my collection. Perhaps the word frustration is more of 'fatigue'. I have searched high and low And while I have found these... they are not for sale OR are at an incredible level I am not ready to pay financially. Time will tell... and I will keep on going but those thoughts plague me now.....
    Hang on in there Kris. All of these will come on the market when us old farts die. Between us, myself, Bob and Alec have all these and our days are numbered.

(This is where Kris gets out the dolls and needles!)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hang on in there Kris. All of these will come on the market when us old farts die. Between us, myself, Bob and Alec have all these and our days are numbered.

(This is where Kris gets out the dolls and needles!)
    NOOOOOOOOO No dolls and needles my friend. I dont want the old timers to go Its how I learned and still do
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Hi Alan it would be interesting to know how many years we amass collectively.
    I am subscribing 65 years and although I have every intention of being around, it is highly unlikely the books I have kept back will still be with me when I reach 70.

John F. Kennedy Mizdring will become famous soon enough Mizdring will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I have a very modest goal for next year - to obtain my first King signed 1st/1st. To make it harder I am aiming for something signed directly to the page (is this what you call flat-signed?) rather than a bookplate.

At this point I’d likely take anything reasonable but I particularly would like a signed Duma Key or Revival.

(Or Misery but I’m not made of money!)

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Alan it would be interesting to know how many years we amass collectively.
    I am subscribing 65 years and although I have every intention of being around, it is highly unlikely the books I have kept back will still be with me when I reach 70.
    I also have six of the items Kris is looking for. And, I am ONLY 60! Hope not to give up any time soon. I've been really collecting King for 30 years and have over 5000 King pieces.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mizdring View Post
    I have a very modest goal for next year - to obtain my first King signed 1st/1st. To make it harder I am aiming for something signed directly to the page (is this what you call flat-signed?) rather than a bookplate.

At this point I’d likely take anything reasonable but I particularly would like a signed Duma Key or Revival.

(Or Misery but I’m not made of money!)

Yes, you have described a "flat-signed" book. Your best bet for availability and pricing is Revival. King signed quite a few of that title.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2023 and beyond goals:

• Any newly announced S/L
    • Skeleton Crew lettered Scream Press
    • Green Mile S/L or Lettered
    • All US Bachman Paperbacks
    • Full Throttle Lettered
    • Fine US The Shining 1st or a fine dust jacket
    • Nebel
    • Taylor Cujo Guitar

Unobtainable goal:
    • 'Salem's S/L Goatskin 1 of 2 - LOL!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Unobtainable might not be that unobtainable.
    I have No.1 of 2 ‘Salems S/L Goatskin (incidentally No.2 has slight damage on the back board).
    And from my last post it’s probably not going to be on my shelves much after 2027.
    So you never know.
    ps. It’s not going to be a steal!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2023 onwards and onwards and onwards

Any new king SL
    Grants Christine numbered
    Philtrum Press EOTD numbered, pref red signature
    Joe Hill Full Throttle Lettered

Non King
    Cormac McCarthy signed deluxe uk box set - Achieved
    Lyra - Dorian Lettered - Achieved yay!
    Last edited by shaq; 07-06-2023 at 02:34 PM.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

ps. It’s not going to be a steal!!!
    Exactly!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris-

I also have 6 but none for sale and I'm 63! I bought Pasiuk's Lettered Danse...have not seen another one since.

My 2023 "grail" is to get my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed (I tried a couple times) to go with my signed Orange Gunslinger proof and signed Viking Gunslinger proof

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

may never happen as i am not actively trying

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Anything Billy Blockade, especially the white proof, at reasonable prices of course. As far as I know, 3 copies are with 3 members here (and probably more). Quite sure there are more than the alleged 16 copies out there though.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Matching DT Set
    Inscribed Doubleday Firsts (need all)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

August already so it's a good time for an update.

* Upcoming SK book US proof
    * Upcoming SK UK proof
    * Upcoming SK manuscript

* Pet Sematary US proof 1st state
    * At least 1 of the 19 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 2 of the 25 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * The two 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 22 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 1 more book signed by King of the 44 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L KING book of the 8 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the four annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 26 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 153 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

Grail list:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * A copy of The Drum newspaper with a King piece in it.
    * One of the three Comics Review fanzine with a part of I was a teenage grave robber.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    August already so it's a good time for an update.

Is there a full list of these available on-line somewhere? Are you including anthologies but not co-authored novels?

I have the following.

A Book of Horrors
    A Life in the Cinema
    Big Book of Necon
    Book of the Dead
    Borderlands 5
    Dandelion Wine
    Dark Dreamers
    Fear Itself
    Frankenstein
    Gauntlet 2
    Great Ghost Stories
    He is Legend
    Legacies
    Night Visions 5
    Postscripts 10
    Prime Evil
    Quietly Now
    The Best of Cemetery Dance
    The Century's Best Horror Fiction
    The Complete Masters of Darkness
    The Girl Next Door
    The Ideal Genuine Man
    The Killer Inside Me
    The Sins of the Father
    Transgressions

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In this forum in the collectibles section it's the whole list.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Not to be redundant but my list is the same as my signature!
    - King Signed Wizard & Glass 1/1
    - King Signed Wolves of the Calla 1/1
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Waste Lands 1/1: Dutch Hill Demon Remarque
    Signed DT 1sts set Complete!!!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

August update (like Ari did)....STILL seeking.....My 2023 "grail" is to get my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed (I tried a couple times) to go with my signed Orange Gunslinger proof and signed Viking Gunslinger proof.

Does it count that 4-5 times a year I have a dream that King comes to visit me and signs some books...DON'T I WISH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast