Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Thanks to Bev in another thread (outside the Corner):

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-22-63/announcement/

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas,
    President Kennedy died, and the world changed.

If you had the chance to change history, would you?
    Would the consequences be worth it?

Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students—a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning’s father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.

Not much later, Jake’s friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane—and insanely possible—mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jake’s new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake’s life—a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to this ... a big novel at around 1,000 pages too!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read that the name of the book will be
    11/23/63
    Simon and Schuster website

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination

available 11/8/11

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Hodder page:

http://www.hodder.co.uk/news_events/...?ArticleID=253

It looks like they've also published a picture of the cover.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Where did you find the information on the page count, Tom? I'm also looking forward to it, and the bigger the better! I loved UNDER THE DOME and I can't wait to immerse myself in a new epic King book again.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Where did you find the information on the page count, Tom? I'm also looking forward to it, and the bigger the better! I loved UNDER THE DOME and I can't wait to immerse myself in a new epic King book again.
    It said on the e-mail i got off StephenKing.com

The next book titled 11/22/63 (approx. 1,000 pages) due to be published on November 8, 2011 by Scribner and Hodder & Stoughton is the story of a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ms. Mod posted that it was ~1000 pages on the SKMB

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder i their will be a signing tour!?!?!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard if there will be a limited edition or anything with this one?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No news on either a tour or any special editions, according to Ms. Mod.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

960 pages...this will be epic!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw the email announcement from Simon & Schuster. Very excited!

Here's the short video promo:

http://112263book.com/?mcd=ea&cp_typ...view_pc_site=1

The linked page also has a link to sign up for email updates.]
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

They should postpone it a couple weeks.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    They should postpone it a couple weeks.
    They probably don't want to release it on the anniversary of the assassination as it would be perceived as a cheap publicity stunt in very bad taste.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Ms. Mod posted that it was ~1000 pages on the SKMB
    The book is up for preorder on Amazon with an ISBN and pagecount of 960.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Other than Wikipedia, what would you folks recommend to read up on the JFK assassination? I'll watch the Oliver Stone film (seen parts of it a while ago), but would like a nice factual narrative to get ready for the novel.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'll bet Bob has the ARC already!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i really hope for a booksigning in London : there would be NO WAY i would miss it this time.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Other than Wikipedia, what would you folks recommend to read up on the JFK assassination? I'll watch the Oliver Stone film (seen parts of it a while ago), but would like a nice factual narrative to get ready for the novel.
    Good idea, Its not my history so I don't know the specifics, apart from there seems to be a thousand and one conspiracy theories going around about the assassination.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't believe that there is any factual basis for Stone's movie. It's complete fiction.

I remember that day very well. I was in college at the time, and had just walked my girl friend (now my wife) to her class. I was in a bookstore just across the street from the building where she was and they had a radio playing in the background. I finally realized just what they were saying on the radio, almost in a complete state of shock. As soon as she got out of class (she had to take a quiz--this was after she heard what was going on just before taking the quiz!) we walked to one of the dorms where they had a television playing. I've never heard a crowd of college students be that quiet!

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

almost a 1000 pages,wow! another biggie!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ugh...I'm sure I'll read it at some point, but it won't be right away.

I don't see the purpose...speculative fiction has its place, but of all the stories to tell this strikes me as un-compelling as I could imagine. It doesn't matter how it ends, becuase why am I supposed to care? What will probably happen is he does NOT change history, for some reason the book will explain.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Ugh...I'm sure I'll read it at some point, but it won't be right away.

I don't see the purpose...speculative fiction has its place, but of all the stories to tell this strikes me as un-compelling as I could imagine. It doesn't matter how it ends, becuase why am I supposed to care? What will probably happen is he does NOT change history, for some reason the book will explain.
    Really? I can't wait. And King's never done alternate history so this is cool.

I think this won't be so much about JFK as just the era of the time.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Eh...I'm sure you're right. At 900+ pages it's going to have an epic sprawl (although at the same page length, UtD cried out for an aggressive editor...).

But...it just makes me sad thinking what we can't change...I don't read fiction to be reminded of lousy events from the past. If it's a subplot, fine, but to stamp the book undeniably about the JFK events just leaves it nowhere to go in my mind.

However, since I'm making all these claims from a few posts on a message board, it's not really fair criticism anyway...still, I'm not excited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast