Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One of King's stories appears in this book. That's an aftermarket slipcase purchased from The Collector that I keep it in. The slipcase is an unmarked case originally produced for The Gunslinger, but it fits Borderlands 5 nicely as well.

The book behind the dustjacket.

Sig page.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SK has a story in this collection as well. It was the first S/L that I ever purchased at list price (thankfully it wasn't the last).

Transgressions is the only S/L I've purchased from Amazon.com. I don't expect to have that luck again.

Blank bookcover (no dustjacket produced) and slipcase.

Sig page.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:12 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman/Black House gift set. The Talisman is signed by co-author Peter Straub and artist Rick Berry. BH is unsigned.

The books.

Signature page in The Talisman.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:12 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received the S/L of the third book of Odd from Charnel House. Photos of the first two are posted upthread. Charnel does a nice job, I'm very happy with the whole set of Odd Thomas books.

BROTHER ODD
    Book is on your left, slipcase is on your right:

Endpapers:

Title page (snow globe):

The pages are all printed like this:

As in the first two Odd S/L books, the signature page is in the back:
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:13 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the Odd books, here is a 1st/1st of the second book, FOREVER ODD, inscribed to me.

1st edition/1st printing:

I am quite thankful that another collector alerted me to the opportunity to have Koontz inscribe the book.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:13 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On another note, who remembers Phyllis Diller? She was big in the '70's of my childhood.

1st/1st inscribed:
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:14 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have always loved Ray Bradbury. Here is an S/L (one of many versions) of one of my favorite books. Yet another opportunity I learned about from another SK collector.

Signatures:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Last May I was on Cape Cod for the first time and wandered into a little bookstore. I found exactly one copy of this, and it was not marked up. I have no idea how many copies were printed, but I like the author.

1st edition/1st printing:

Signature page. Not numbered, no quantity specified:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's get back to Stephen King now.

It's the ever popular nightlight package!

Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:15 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the books I've posted so far tonight (along with some other books), as seen on one of my bookshelves.

On the top shelf, all books are signed by the various authors and some by artists as well. Most are Signed/Limiteds.
    The books to the right (your right) of the tall Odd Thomas trilogy are all signed by Stephen King except the Talisman/BH gift set.

The Stephen King Trivia Book on the top shelf has a little doodle by artist Glenn Chadbourne.
    This cellphone photo does not do it justice, but here you go anyway:
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:15 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now for some more books written by our beloved author...

Given that I've taken, downloaded, edited and posted all these photos tonight (it's 1am on a weeknight here), this S/L is apropos.

The book slides into the foldover traycase.

Signature page of #726 of 1250 signed and numbered copies of INSOMNIA.
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-08-2011 at 01:24 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another fine S/L by Mr. King, DESPERATION.

Book in the traycase (the white dot on the cover is just the camera flash).

The book.

Sig page.

One example of the cool artwork inside.
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-08-2011 at 01:17 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, just one more book tonight.

This is a very nice presentation.

The book inside the dustjacket.

Signature page of #353.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:19 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's enough for one night.

More later...
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I keep wanting to buy that Michael Chabon book, I always pick it up in my bookstore but never buy it. It's the only one they have. Maybe I should buy it this weekend. I keep saying no i'll get it next time....
    I also remember Phyllis Diller...she's a very funny lady.

Great collection.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Funky.

Buy that book.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Funky.

Buy that book.
    Your welcome. Is the book good?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Funky.

Buy that book.
    Your welcome. Is the book good?
    The author is good. What I've read of the book is good, but I haven't finished it yet. Plus I'm a sucker for a signed book.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Maybe I will pick it up the next time I am there.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

good stuff Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Geoff.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:21 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received these in the mail just the other day.

As you can see, this is the hardcover signed/limited Subterranean Magazine #6. It is accompanied by a softcover signed/limited chapbook of Joe Hill's wonderful short story, "Pop Art."

Inside the rather plain hardcover is the glossy cover of the magazine itself.

Here are the matching number signature pages (#5). The sig page of the chapbook is in the back, so I covered the last page of the story in this photo. Wouldn't want to ruin the ending for you.

Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been keeping an eye on your folder in the Gallery Patrick.

This is great stuff.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Subterranean Magazine, here is the S/L of issue #2 with a story by Joe Hill:

He was not yet famous so his name does not appear on the front cover of the magazine:

Here's the signature page (#34) and there's Joe:

Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:18 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have been keeping an eye on your folder in the Gallery Patrick.

This is great stuff.
    Thanks, Matt.

I took more pictures last night, I just need to find the time to post them here - hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Eventually I plan to take photos of pretty much all the special edition books I've got (a lot fewer than many of the people around here) and post them.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-22-2008 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast