Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 714 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 670 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I agree, Little is great!

In addition to the other stuff I've already listed I'm currently reding Good Omens.

it's amazing and hilarious. you'll love it!
    I know. It's like my third or fourth reread of it. A couple of weeks back I found a HC to replace my paperback and figured I'd reread it again.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    Thanks to Feeve I've decided to pick up where I left off on the Orson Scott Card 'Bean' series, Shadow of the Hegemon.
    Do I get a gold star?

Traveler RandoofGilead is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Gunslinger as I attempt to walk through to the end of the Dark Tower again.

After reading it, I came up with more questions than answers. It read like a different book though which was good. the appreciation for this book has grown. I may have to shuffle it up a bit on the order of the series.

On to The Drawing of Three

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Hello all, big recommendation here, especially towards Jayson. READ THE REPAIRMAN JACK SERIES. It has a fantastic pace, character development and complexity.
    http://repairmanjack.com

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    Their Eyes Were Watching God- ZNH

i am so sorry. i read that book of my own accord and was sorely disappointed... i mean for it to be such a classic wtf is it about??? where is the story. God I was upset when i finished that book.. some people enjoy it though.. i hope you make it for your english grade's sake.
    I had to read this for an English class.

The only book I hated more was Blood Meridian.

I swear there is a message board somewhere for English teachers where they sit around and try and figure out the most annoying book ever.
    I didn't mind TEWWG. I read it in AP English my senior year, and the discussion was good.

The book I didn't like for English class was Things Fall Apart. Guh.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    The book I didn't like for English class was Things Fall Apart. Guh.
    Same here. The worst part was, when I got to college, I had to read it again for another English class. It doesn't get any better the second time around.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Fine, ignore my recommendation, but you're missing out.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have finished Duma Key, which is one of the best books I've ever read in my life.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's definately become one of my favorite King stories.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Hello all, big recommendation here, especially towards Jayson. READ THE REPAIRMAN JACK SERIES. It has a fantastic pace, character development and complexity.

Actually, I agree with you. F. Paul Wilson is pretty damn good. I've only read a couple of The Repairman Jack stories though so far.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice MrQuint is on a distinguished road MrQuint's Avatar

The Ikea 2009 Catalog

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

A beermat.

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Into 300 pages of The Shining. Not sure if i like it

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandoofGilead View Post
    Just finished The Gunslinger ...
    On to The Drawing of Three
    You're in for a treat!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Duly noted. I will check it out. Thanks Matthew!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

the nice thing about being sick (the only nice thing) is you have plenty of time to listen to audiobooks.

listened to the watchman by robert crais. now have to find every book in the series, damn him.

listened to insomnia by stephen king (duh). wow. you know, i think this is a much better book on audio than being read. you get more out of it. it has skyrocketed to my top ten list of king books. and i'm totally in love with ralph roberts just so you all know.

listening to hold tight by harlan coben (have about 90 minutes left). i think harlan coben is great. and i really like scott brick as a narrator (which i why i bought this book).
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 09-29-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: wrong book - doh!

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

I just finished Fight Club...wow, what an interesting read. I loved the pace of the book and recommend it to all (guys and gals!).
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

http://sexlessinthecity.net/

I bought an autographed copy from the author after she had finished debating Stephanie Sellers, the sex columnist from The NY Press, at Lolita Bar last night. So far it's not bad, although her description of visiting a sex toy shop in Manhattan has this Pauline quality that is a bit over the top, IMO.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

+1 Great books they can really suck you in.

I also highly recommend any Douglas Preston- Lincoln Child books, especially the Alloyisious (SP) Pendergast series.

Right now however I am reading Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin.
    Last edited by Hbgunslinger; 09-29-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: stupidity

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got done with Red Mars, now I'm starting Green Mars, then Blue Mars.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to start that series some time ago Matt, but I opted for Harry Potter instead.

How did you like the first book?

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    I just finished Fight Club...wow, what an interesting read. I loved the pace of the book and recommend it to all (guys and gals!).
    You should try some of his other books if you have not. I would suggest Lullaby next.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

You should try some of his other books if you have not. I would suggest Lullaby next.
    ::swoon::

i knew you were still
    Spoiler:
    a turtle

the repairman jack series kicks major ass! i have to agree with matthew on this one. i have all of them and read them again and again (i'm ocd that way). plus, thanks to our very own ricky, i have an autographed copy of virgin personalized to me. it's not a repairman jack book (he didn't have any there) but it's fucking f. paul wilson's signature and it says to turtlesong which is doubly cool since that's my name here and sai king is the president of the repairman jack fan club!

the pendergast books by preston/child are amazing. i think that character is one of the freshest in fiction lately. and i really like where they are taking him.

i'm really hooked on harlan coben right now. and of course, i'm always hooked on pseudopod. if you guys like short fiction (about half an hour) of the audio variety i highly recommend it.

can anyone say book geek? that would be me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I was going to start that series some time ago Matt, but I opted for Harry Potter instead.

How did you like the first book?
    I actually enjoyed it a lot. Very scientific and does a lot on social structures which I like.

I got so close to the people in the first book though, the second (new characters, same story) is proving hard to get close to, but I'm still liking it.

Spoiler:
    They had a space elevator that was destroyed by sabotage--its cable was one and one half times the diameter of the planet...when that thing came down, it was pretty cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Thanks, AH! I plan to read more of his books, and I'll definitely look for Lullaby. We own Snuff so might try that one next.
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks, AH! I plan to read more of his books, and I'll definitely look for Lullaby. We own Snuff so might try that one next.
    Let me know what you think of Snuff if you do read it. I read the first few chapters but then got sidetracked with another book and haven't gone back to finish it yet.

If you want to pick up some of his other stories I would second Lullaby as well. It's one of my favorites.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 714 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 670 ... LastLast