Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I'll let you all know how mine is packed. My shipping was free within the UK so they'll probably just stick a stamp on the slipcase
    That's funny, Alan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any value in asking for matching no with cd versions s/l and art portfolio?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    This is A high street retailer, not Cemetery Dance or PS..

Not sure if they are even numbered?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

YEA! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
    You would have a better chance having CD match this edition.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Sounds difficult to do. IIRC, the Waterstones is unnumbered. I suppose one could write their own number in (with a crayon...).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only value is matching Cd's copy with CD's portfolio.... sold out I see too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wind Through The Keyhole and Doctor Sleep were numbered... but I don't think Waterstones would bother their arse trying to match for you if you asked.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, HUGE thanks to this site, I seem to have also scored a copy. Looks like a lovely edition (and the standard H&S design)...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Also took the gamble and ordered the regular edition in case they don't include the image on the book cover(not the DJ) like the other 1st editions.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all, I sent a message to them too requesting 'robust packaging.' I used Flaggs template along with an insert courtesy of tippy4 that I use for all of my eBay purchases, I thought I would share this updated template in case others also want to send a message. Thank you to Flagg and tippy for the material

'I ordered the signed limited stephen king sleeping beauties today. In the past, Waterstones shipping of books to the USA often were inadequately packaged, resulting in damage to the book. Since there are only 250 of the books, there likely won't be any to replace damaged copies.
    Please pack mine in a fashion that will insure it arrives safely. For example, please ship in a sturdy cardboard box big enough to allow for at least two inches of padding (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc.) on all sides of the book. Please pack tightly so book can't move at all once box is sealed. I'm more than willing to pay extra for this kind of robust packaging.

Best,

Customer

Order # 12......'
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts were that the uk may be delivered first and asking cd to match my ordered book and portfolio to the number on the uk version.

Not sure if worth matching, but may be cool to have a mini set.

Regarding Waterstones, collecting from store and hopefully avoid bumps and dings

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    The seller sold it real quick too. Asking price was £475 + shipping....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    The seller sold it real quick too. Asking price was £475 + shipping....
    Wow! (I wonder how many Waterstones employees have seen that and thought, hmmmm??? )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Also took the gamble and ordered the regular edition in case they don't include the image on the book cover(not the DJ) like the other 1st editions.
    From the mock up photo, it looks as though the limited will have illustrated boards - maybe metallic paper??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone said on another site... and I have not read it myself but that these are shipping VERY soon.. anyone confirm this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Someone said on another site... and I have not read it myself but that these are shipping VERY soon.. anyone confirm this?
    On the website it states 4 days until publication. I believe these books are published and ready to ship.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, shipping will be on 26th alongside UK release of the Trade edition - 4 days from now.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the seller on eBay was hyraxia books - especially if the seller was Simon
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I think the seller on eBay was hyraxia books - especially if the seller was Simon
    It was listed as Scotland, not sure Hyraxia are based there.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Ughhhhhh I just know there are going to be beat to hell.

A 2.4 lb bomb.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Price is only going up!
    Sleeping Beauties - Stephen King & Owen King - UK Signed Limited Slipcased 1/250 BIN £499.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...-/222653242540 Stephen King Owen King - Sleeping Beauties - *signed* 1/250 UK 1st Ed HB limited
    £460 BIN

Sleeping Beauties - Stephen King & Owen King - UK Signed Limited Slipcased 1/250 Starting bid £350

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Ughhhhhh I just know there are going to be beat to hell.

A 2.4 lb bomb.
    Oh have ye a little faith kind sir! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Just saying thank you Simon for the early notify. i was able to score a copy. this is going to be my first king signed book.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    Just saying thank you Simon for the early notify. i was able to score a copy. this is going to be my first king signed book.
    Congrats! Hopefully they arrive relatively unscathed.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

£250.00 for SB..........UTD was only £100.00.

Quite a change in 8 years.

Of course...the print run of SB is half of that of UTD......Waterstones needed to make their money somehow.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast