Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I don't think that at all. The acquisition of Fox is what's made them change everything. Now they have to balance a ton more properties without them eating into each others ticket sales. This is a mistake they made with Solo. It's ticket sales where cannibalized by other huge movies around it. Had they stuck to their winter releases and had some better marketing I suspect Solo wouldn't have preformed as badly. Really that's speculation though.

Either way, what seems to be happening with Disney now is with the purchase of Fox they've had to shift dates around and re-balance the release schedule to make everything fit, it didn't matter before, because Fox was the competition, now it's in house and they don't want to be competing with themselves. Just how it comes off to me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You’re probably right. Anytime one biz buys another there’s always shuffling/redundancy. If they had the time stone though, I still think they’d rather go back and decommit to Johnson’s trilogy (pre Last Jedi) in favor of someone more universally regarded.
    They’re pot committed now to him though. And I think that same eHate is coming for the Thrones twins based on how this season of GoT is going. They fired Trank, they fired the Lego twins...just not the Disney I’m used to
    Speaking of dates, Eps 1-6 were all May releases a la Jaws. Do you know why they shifted to Christmas as the new Jedi season? This was their chance to get back to that tradition. Is that waving the white flag and bending the knee to Marvel movies? Marvel is the new Star Wars and Star Wars is the new Star Trek?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I thought force awakens was delayed until Xmas and it did so well they just kept with it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    You’re probably right. Anytime one biz buys another there’s always shuffling/redundancy. If they had the time stone though, I still think they’d rather go back and decommit to Johnson’s trilogy (pre Last Jedi) in favor of someone more universally regarded.
    They’re pot committed now to him though. And I think that same eHate is coming for the Thrones twins based on how this season of GoT is going. They fired Trank, they fired the Lego twins...just not the Disney I’m used to
    Speaking of dates, Eps 1-6 were all May releases a la Jaws. Do you know why they shifted to Christmas as the new Jedi season? This was their chance to get back to that tradition. Is that waving the white flag and bending the knee to Marvel movies? Marvel is the new Star Wars and Star Wars is the new Star Trek?
    I'm not sure why The Force Awakens ended up in December, but The Last Jedi was originally supposed to be a summer release. They pushed it to December after the success of TFA, which I think in turn ended up pushing Solo to a summer release, well that and the problems with Solo.

I'm not so worried about the Thrones twins, honestly I think they've had a pretty impossible task with this last season. So few episodes to cover so much story and a story that hasn't really had the firmest of material to work off of given they are way past the books at this point. Their Star Wars stuff is so far out who knows what's gonna happen there. Johnson on the other hand, honestly I think TLJ was a good movie, it just wasn't necessarily what everyone was looking for. Mostly that comes to the fact that there was no coherent plan for 7, 8, and 9. They had him writing and working on 8 before they were even done with 7. They had no idea what characters people were going to latch onto and be interested in. Honestly it was a tough position and I blame Lucasfilm as a whole for that one. They should've just picked a director for all 3 and done it that way or at least picked a writing team / story group.

Johnson's got a better chance with this trilogy. He's had a lot of time to work on it, and since he's doing all 3 has better chance to get it right since he'll be in control of the 3 movie story arc instead of only in control of the middle movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I thought force awakens was delayed until Xmas and it did so well they just kept with it.
    I think TFW was always a December release.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Yeah see? It’s like nobody knows and it’s always bugged me. Everyone was freaking out at the time about Batman v Superman and Cap 3 having some Clash of the Titans release weekend war, while LucasFilm quietly decided to release in December....a month that Star Wars fans associated with the ill fated Star Wars Xmas special at the time. The only thing I ever came up with was that they knew they couldn’t hang with Marvel so conceded the prime blockbuster real estate...which is just crazy to me. Still feels like a Sith mind trick to me

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Must have thinking of last Jedi

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is one Robocop, one Predator, three Indiana Jones movies, and only three Star Wars movies. Keeps things simple and guarantees a quality watch each time with controversy free discussion. Ha!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It will be interesting to see what the three films will be; are they the fabled Rian Johnson trilogy, or something else? Having a three-year gap between TROS and the next trilogy puts some distance between them, which I think is smart.

I think Disney have only made two mistakes with the latest SW flicks: they did not have an overarching plan for eps VII-IX, and they released Solo too soon after TLJ. The MCU shows you can have a "showrunner" for a movie franchise while still letting directors have enough leeway to be creative. Star Wars needed a Kevin Feige. As for Solo, I think it would have done better as a Nov or Dec release, after the mixed reaction to TLJ had died down a bit. I thought the film itself was fine.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the three films will be; are they the fabled Rian Johnson trilogy, or something else? Having a three-year gap between TROS and the next trilogy puts some distance between them, which I think is smart.

I think Disney have only made two mistakes with the latest SW flicks: they did not have an overarching plan for eps VII-IX, and they released Solo too soon after TLJ. The MCU shows you can have a "showrunner" for a movie franchise while still letting directors have enough leeway to be creative. Star Wars needed a Kevin Feige. As for Solo, I think it would have done better as a Nov or Dec release, after the mixed reaction to TLJ had died down a bit. I thought the film itself was fine.
    They also said there is 2 trilogy’s coming. I wonder when the second will start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

They also said there is 2 trilogy’s coming. I wonder when the second will start?

Actually, the Variety article has changed to read "three films". No mention that they are a trilogy. Interesting.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, the Variety article has changed to read "three films". No mention that they are a trilogy. Interesting.

HBJ
    Yes, one by Rian Johnston and the writers of GOT. TWO Trilogies.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I would assume the Rian Johnston one will be first. Since I believe he's been working on it. Where the GOT show runners couldn't start until GOT was finished. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if one the GOT show runners are working on gets canned or changed. Unless they are gonna put the two trilogies out at the same time, that one's probably really far off and a lot changes in Hollywood in that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Yeah see? It’s like nobody knows and it’s always bugged me. Everyone was freaking out at the time about Batman v Superman and Cap 3 having some Clash of the Titans release weekend war, while LucasFilm quietly decided to release in December....a month that Star Wars fans associated with the ill fated Star Wars Xmas special at the time. The only thing I ever came up with was that they knew they couldn’t hang with Marvel so conceded the prime blockbuster real estate...which is just crazy to me. Still feels like a Sith mind trick to me
    Yea I'm not sure. My guess though is maybe that they knew it was gonna make big bucks and maybe they had a big empty hole in their schedule and decided that it was gonna make tons of money no matter where it was so why not fill a space. On top of that though Marvel, Star Wars, and Deadpool have kinda changed the whole blockbuster game. They've all been releasing major movies outside of what's considered blockbuster season. Star Wars started with the December release, but Marvel had been doing on again off again November releases for awhile. Deadpool proved that you can do it in February, which was kinda a no man's land before. Honestly even Endgame wasn't released in what would tradiontally be the "block buster" season. It's really very interesting, the landscape for these movies has changed so drastically in the past 10 years. The only real "block buster" free time frame there is anymore seems to be late September through October, and it's probably only a matter of time before someone breaks into that space as well.

Country
    Country Flag

When Sony got distribution rights to 007, they made the first weekend in November their traditional launch date. Part of me wonders if Marvel picked that particular turf just to spite the Spidey house until they reacquired the property

Also, seems too obvious for it to happen, but with The Mandalorian already getting a season 2 green light and it being the very expensive cornerstone of Disney+, you’d think the GoT twins would have the perfect resume for that gig. Although I heard Favreau wants to stay involved with S2...

I don't think so for the 007 thing. Those bond movies fell on years when there weren't November Marvel movies. It's possible the Thor Ragnarok release date was set as a dig at Justice League though. I'm pretty sure they both were released pretty close to each other.

What they do with the GoT guys kinda interests me the most. They're know for a very different kind of tone than what Star Wars has done, and it's kinda the most intriguing thing for me. Regardless of how I end up feeling about this final season of GoT. I kinda hope they get The Old Republic to play with.

Country
    Country Flag

You are 1000% correct with the Old Republic idea. I would love to see that combo. But, the powers that be keep shoehorning the word Gunslinger into their descriptions of the new show and its main character. If it’s trying to be some sort of western with a sprawling Leone landscape as a backdrop, I think they’d fit right in.

Darth Bane > Night King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    Those were previously announced, but since then Disney have announced a hiatus and a rethink. The latest announcement is three (possibly unrelated) movies starting in 2022. The future of the two trilogies that were originally announced is in some doubt.

Ilium (Simmons)

HBJ
    Those were previously announced, but since then Disney have announced a hiatus and a rethink. The latest announcement is three (possibly unrelated) movies starting in 2022. The future of the two trilogies that were originally announced is in some doubt.
    I thought the hiatus and rethink was specifically about the "Star Wars Stories". I don't know what the GOT writers where supposed to be working on, but I'm pretty sure Johnston was handling the next chapter of the main story.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Wars Discussion

HBJ
    I thought the hiatus and rethink was specifically about the "Star Wars Stories". I don't know what the GOT writers where supposed to be working on, but I'm pretty sure Johnston was handling the next chapter of the main story.
    Yes I agree but I read somewhere they were getting a trilogy in the same universe.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

No, the hiatus was to take a break from movies, focus on TV in the short term, and rethink how to approach the post Skywalker movies, according to Kathleen Kennedy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/...es-hiatus/amp/

I'm not saying that I think the two trilogies aren't happening. But both trilogies were originally announced before TLJ and Solo were released to somewhat mixed receptions. So Disney seem to be proceeding more cautiously, not committing to six more films up front. The announcement of three more films with no mention of a trilogy may mean that Disney have greenlit just one or two more films from each filmmaker, and will plan more based on how they perform.

As recently as last month, Johnson has said that he will start working on his trilogy after his current film. So he's still involved, no doubt about it. But it looks to me like Disney are keeping their options open.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Huh I hadn't seen that. If I had to guess either way though, it'd be that those 3 dates are a new trilogy. I can't see them moving away from a trilogy model of storytelling and I always thought the "A Star Wars Story" thing was kinda confusing for the people that don't follow this stuff closely.

Unconfirmed reports from "sources close to Disney" are saying that the three movies are the Benioff/Weiss trilogy, and Johnson is consulting or possibly directing, with his own trilogy either delayed or cancelled.

I don't know how much credence to give this, given that it's coming from "some guy on the internet" who heard it from "a guy who would know", but it's certainly possible. No official word from Disney of course.

Source: https://youtu.be/bliObIQM9tc

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Unconfirmed reports from "sources close to Disney" are saying that the three movies are the Benioff/Weiss trilogy, and Johnson is consulting or possibly directing, with his own trilogy either delayed or cancelled.

I don't know how much credence to give this, given that it's coming from "some guy on the internet" who heard it from "a guy who would know", but it's certainly possible. No official word from Disney of course.

Source: https://youtu.be/bliObIQM9tc

HBJ
    I tend to believe it.... after the backlash...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast