Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The Stray Cats -- Rock this Town (1981)
    No takers on this? For shame!

Well, how about...

The Stray Cats -- Stray Cat Strut (1981)

(Hint...both need seconding!)
    Oh for heaven's sake...let's try this one...

The Stray Cats -- (She's) Sexy + 17 (1983)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Grandmaster Flash - The Message (1982)
    Seconded

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Brian Eno & David Byrne - Mea Culpa (1981)

This is a track from one of my all time favorite albums called My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. I wanted to nominate every song from it but this one is good for now.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (1982)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stray Cats -- Rock this Town (1981)
    No takers on this? For shame!

Well, how about...

The Stray Cats -- Stray Cat Strut (1981)

(Hint...both need seconding!)
    Oh for heaven's sake...let's try this one...

The Stray Cats -- (She's) Sexy + 17 (1983)
    Okay, I will second Rock This Town.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Just Can't Get Enough" is probably the most popular track off Depeche Mode's debut album, but I prefer this one:

Depeche Mode - Nodisco (1981)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Toto - Africa (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf (1982)
    2nd

Country
    Country Flag

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough (1981)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas (1984)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Okay, I will second Rock This Town.
    Bless you, my friend!

Country
    Country Flag

Toto - Africa (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Toto - Africa (1983)
    Seconded.

Thirded. LOL!

Country
    Country Flag

The Police -- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

Prince - 1999 (1982)

Once again, no Prince anywhere on YouTube or other legit places, so we must do with crappy ones.

Duran Duran - Girls on Film (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised Yello's Lost Again and Herbie Hancock's Rockit haven't been seconded yet. These are like the epitome of the early '80s synth-pop sound.

Country
    Country Flag

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (1982)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

As I write this, there are only 15 slots left available for songs to be seconded in this thread and there are 75 songs still in limbo...

I won't nominate anymore tracks in this thread, as I believe the best tracks have already been nominated and waiting to be seconded. I would like to ask everyone to look closely at the current list of songs before nominating anymore songs?

I am going to kick things off by seconding this song, which was nominated ages ago....

New Order - Blue Monday (1983)

I have a shit-load of songs in limbo, but have listed below the most important ones. please consider the following for seconding?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes (1984)
    This is awesome....

UB40 - Many Rivers To Cross (1983)
    Roxy Music - More Than This (1982)
    Heavy Metal, eh? Okay, well try this...

Mötley Crüe - Too Young To Fall In Love (1983)
    Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love (1982)
    Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

You're stopping already? I was waiting for you to nominate "Beat It"

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I can't believe this hasn't been nominated yet.

Michael Jackson - Beat It (1982)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

way to go O-hi-o...

The Pretenders -- My City Was Gone (1982)

Country
    Country Flag

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love (1982)
    Seconded.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I can't believe this hasn't been nominated yet.

Michael Jackson - Beat It (1982)
    Second

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast