Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    OK no more experimental, I will stick with more well known songs.
    I love experimental. Did you check out my Klaus Schulze noms?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Experiment on this....

Men At Work - Down Under (1981)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Three Stooges fans? Then this song/video combination is perfect for you! (I love this to no end.)

Jump ‘N the Saddle Band -- The Curly Shuffle (1983)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can laugh but this is seriously one of my all-time favorite songs:

Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok (1984)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Experiment on this....

Men At Work - Down Under (1981)
    Seconded

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Axel Foley: "What? Y'all the second team?"
    Detective McCabe: "We're the first team."
    Detective Foster: "Yeah, and we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe."
    Axel Foley: [mocking him] "You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long."

Patti LaBelle - Stir It Up (1984)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You can laugh but this is seriously one of my all-time favorite songs:

Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok (1984)
    You had me when the Asian chick in the blue dress and pink flower showed up. Seconded.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This needs to go through....

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is (1984)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I still have at least 40 tracks on my list, not including any deeper cuts that haven't occurred to me yet. I foresee lots of post-112 nominations posts...

Country
    Country Flag

I still have at least 40 tracks on my list, not including any deeper cuts that haven't occurred to me yet. I foresee lots of post-112 nominations posts...
    I have at least 40 tracks on my list too....

As the nominations for Threads 1 & 2, were decreased to only 56 songs each; is it possible to increase the nominations within both of the 80's threads?

Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather not (and Thread #1 was always designed to be 56). I share the pain but enlarging wouldn't be fair, plus would balloon the voting process, which I've already devised to be as optimal as it could be. It just means we must be that much more selective in our nominations and especially secondings. Still, whatever ends up being left out of the main tournament can still be posted here and enjoyed by all, outside competition.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This is the "official" video so it's got some extra stuff in the beginning but it's really the only video I could find.

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (1984)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one but I'm a bit more partial to this:

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

David Bowie - Let's Dance (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Ronnie Milsap -- Stranger in My House (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane (1984)

Country
    Country Flag

Meow....

Adam Ant - Puss In Boots (1983)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf (1982)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

David Bowie - Let's Dance (1983)
    2nd

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one but I'm a bit more partial to this:

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing that she was almost 40 when she made this video.

Toni Basil -- Mickey (1982)

Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    OK no more experimental, I will stick with more well known songs.
    I love experimental. Did you check out my Klaus Schulze noms?
    Listening to Floating now, very nice track!

Country
    Country Flag

Van Halen - Jump (1983)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast