Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I am very surprised that this has not been nominated yet....

The Cars - Drive (1984)
    2ND

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t know if y’all remember just how huge Juice Newton was in the early ‘80s. She charted on pop, country, and adult contemporary (14 top-10 hits and 6 at #1). Perhaps her best known hit is Queen of Hearts, and maybe her prettiest is her cover of Angel of the Morning or the Carpenters-esque The Sweetest Thing I've Ever Known. Also good is her sultry cover of Break It to Me Gently. However, I’m going to nominate one a little less known, but a fun peppy tune:

Juice Newton -- Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me (1982)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Motörhead - Ace of Spades (1980)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So many great early '80 songs still left to nominate, I don't know where to start trimming my huge list. How about:

Bananarama - Cruel Summer (1983)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The Smiths - How Soon is Now? (1984)
    Seconded

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...start to smoke marijuana...start to smoke marijuana... (or, maybe I should say ...trats ot ekoms anaujiram...trats ot ekoms anaujiram)

Queen -- Another One Bites the Dust (1980)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Manuel Göttsching - Quiet Nervousness (1984)

Country
    Country Flag

Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Bon Jovi - Runaway (1984)
    Seconded.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Night Ranger - Sister Christian (1984)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So many great early '80 songs still left to nominate, I don't know where to start trimming my huge list. How about:

Bananarama - Cruel Summer (1983)
    2nd

Country
    Country Flag

Pat Benatar -- Hit Me with Your Best Shot (1980)

Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (1984)

Styx - Mr. Roboto (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    ...start to smoke marijuana...start to smoke marijuana... (or, maybe I should say ...trats ot ekoms anaujiram...trats ot ekoms anaujiram)

Queen -- Another One Bites the Dust (1980)

2nd

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Styx - Mr. Roboto (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

UB40 -- Red Red Wine (1983)

Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love (1981)

Pat Benatar -- Hit Me with Your Best Shot (1980)
    2nd

Country
    Country Flag

Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force - Planet Rock (1982)

Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (1984)

Country
    Country Flag

UB40 -- Red Red Wine (1983)
    Seconded

Grandmaster Flash - The Message (1982)

Country
    Country Flag

Bow Wow Wow -- I Want Candy (1982)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (1984)
    Seconded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast